Nate Dogg -- Family Suspects Cause of Death

3/16/2011 1:50 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Nate Dogg's family believes the singer's death was caused by complications stemming from the two strokes he suffered over the past couple of years ... this according to the singer's close friend and manager Rod McGrew.

Nate Dogg Death

McGrew tells TMZ ... Nate's death was unexpected ... since he was making significant progress in his recovery from the most recent stroke he suffered in 2008.

According to McGrew ... Nate was "95% recovered from the first stroke in 2007" ... when the second stroke occurred in 2008 ... leaving Nate partially paralyzed and causing partial memory loss.

But McGrew says Nate had "cognitively fully recovered" -- meaning he got his memory back and was fully alert and aware all the way up to his final days.

McGrew just released a statement on behalf of himself and Nate's family ... saying, "We appreciate the enormous outpouring of response from all over the world. We greatly appreciate that and thank everyone for their prayers and support."

The statement continues, "We know that Nate will be hanging out with his good friends 2Pac and Biggie."

Nate's official cause of death has not been released.

lol

"sick of it" and "va reb" is the same person posting under different usernames. lol!

sick of it

Why is it when someone on here puts this trash down that they have to be white....Do you dumb ****s think that all black people listen to the crap that this trash put out ...You people are STUPID....

lol

Posted at 2:38 PM on Mar 16, 2011 by sick of it

LOL! YOU people are stupid bitch. Dumb **** for brains trailer trash. Now go finish raping them dogs...lol!

Marlon

@#4. Yes really. You are the kind of person this country needs to keep their eyes on. For some reason you've misssed the boat over the last 35 years. God bless you and I will keep you in my prayers.

My Black Name is Marlon Demetric Banks!

groovypet2

RIP N. DOGG GOD B WITH U!~!!!

Hey Now

I was so sad to hear this - this morning. For one, I'm not much into rap (these days) but I knew Nate Dogg and his voice was awesome - nice and smooth and sexy.

I am so sad for his family and friends. And F u to all that made nasty comments. At least I know who to ignore on other topics now.

RIP Nate!

john

Cocaine = Increase Blood pressure = Stroke.......

duff slashington

He was a gang banger, theif, drug dealer and maybe a murding thug crip. His life of sin against jesus led him to die. Now he is in hell where he belongs.

jackie

RIP Nate Dogg I so loved your voice and I am sorry that horrible stroke took your life my mom also died of stroke complications @ too young of an age also ..a friend wrote about you that " all dogs go to heaven " & you definitely will ..God Be with your family and friends and this trying time .

Rip Nate

For you white racist pricks up here, if you have racial slurs to make or have something negative to say because you're too much of a scared bitch coward to say it to a black persons face and if you hate rap music soo much calling him trash then why are you up here then?
If you hate him that much then get the hell off this thread and carry your bitch coward asses to that crack whore Lindsay Lohan's thread. I'm sure you white coke head drug addict losers will feel right at home there.

Ashley

Dang! I just found out about it! and man I don't know hat to say but I'll pray for him and his family.

Mrs. Mathers

@Timmy Boy - other ways that Tea Party Bitch could have referred to Nate:

"Who was this guy/person/gentleman/artist/celebrity?"

or the simpler

"Who was Nate Dogg?"

Not even trying here...

Posted at 10:25 AM on Mar 16, 2011 by MightyMad
_______________________________________________

THANK U!!!!!!!!!!! IF HE WAS WHITE NO1 would have said white man, race would have not been brought up!!!!!!!!!

Mrs. Mathers

Who was this guy? he looks gay...Was he a famous gay dude ????

Posted at 5:01 PM on Mar 16, 2011 by va reb
-------------------------------------------------------

Not remotely gay, have u never listened to rap music or ever watched head of state w/chris rock, he was rapping in that a lot. He was a husband and a father, maybe if u took too seconds to google his name you could have educated yourself on a great attribute to music.

dd

@168 Dumb Duff he was a U.S. MARINE...WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU???

FREDDY

i remember growing up my grandpa use to live down the street from them remember listening to regulate bumping out my uncle's ride. The world has lost a legend LONG BEACH WILL NEVER FEEL THE SAME.
!!