Knut, Famous Polar Bear, Found Dead

3/19/2011 12:59 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Knut -- the famous polar bear raised by zookeepers in Germany -- died Saturday in his compound, a Berlin zoo official announced today.

Knut Dead
Knut became famous after he was rejected by his mother at birth and raised by zookeepers at the Berlin Zoo.

According to one report, he was found floating in the water in the zoo's polar bear enclosure on Saturday. Bear keeper Heiner Kloes was quoted as saying, "He was by himself in his compound, he was in the water, and then he was dead ... He was not sick, we don't know why he died."

A cause of death is not known, but tests are expected to be performed Monday.

He was 4.

Sociopaths are Sad

#18 mia: Nature does not choose the strong to survive. Just like Nature does not choose the smart to survive or the better looking to survive. Nature chooses the MOST ADAPTABLE to survive. End of story. This poor little guy didn't adapt to his environment well enough. Perhaps b/c he never had another Polar Bear to raise him and learn from. So sad.

en Todo Momento!!

ew. what a dirty polar bear. rip sucka.

Sociopaths are Sad

Some of you people are absolutely heartless. "Mama was right to reject him". "There was something wrong with him". HEARTLESS.

Did it ever occur to any of you cold, unfeeling sociopaths that this little guy could have died BECAUSE his mother rejected him and he didn't learn tacit survival skills from another polar bear?

Scientists have studied chimps for years and there are many instances of jealous, angry, or plain mentally ill chimps rejecting PERFECTLY GOOD offspring who go on to be successful.

Don't you creepy sociopaths think that veterinarians/zookeepers would have done a complete physical on this little guy to determine his health. Disgusting bunch of sheeple you all are.

MEDIAHUORA

Suicide?

gabrielle

I saw Knut in the BERLIN zoo 3 years ago. I bought postcards and a stuffed Knut. My heart goes out to Knut and his care takers. I think he died of a lonely heart. I never understood why the Berlin zoo never gave him a friend. REST IN PEACE MY BEAUTIFUL FRIEND.

ddd

armer knut, :(

Biggie1571

I heard that the bear heard that Friday song by Rebecca Black and killed himself!

karlew

#53 Sociopaths are sad

Couldn't have said it better myself.

ZB

I watched him grow up...and gave him a little piece of my heart

RIP sweet boy

jerseyphresh

Slow Charlie Sheen day huh? I care about polar bears too,and when i want to read about them,i watch Animal Planet.

tenley

The first thing that occurred to me is that sometimes nature has the mother reject those that can't/won't survive. Maybe it just wasn't meant to be for poor Knut.

Superman

WHO?!?

tenley

Jesus, how small is the attention span of TMZ readers that so many are like why is this entertainment news? He was a fricken international entertainment news sensation four years ago.

MJ is the Greatest of all

I AM SO SAD ABOUT THIS!!!!!! :( HE WAS SOOOOOO CUTE!!! :(

tylarone

This bear looks like it was unweight and not fed enough food. Sad.