Long Lost Whoopi Letter:

Dear Charlie,

Quit the Coke

3/19/2011 10:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Months after Charlie Sheen OD'd on coke back in 1998, Whoopi Goldberg sent him a note  containing heartfelt words of support ... and a REALLY bad joke -- and TMZ has obtained the original letter.

0318_whoopi_doc_ex

The letter is postmarked February 1999 -- less than a year after Charlie famously overdosed by injecting himself with cocaine -- and it references the actor's post-rehab "20/20" interview, in which Charlie claimed to be off the drug.

Whoopi -- who has publicly discussed her own battle with substance abuse -- writes, "Saw your interview on '20/20.' I'm so glad your path is clearer. Having lived on that path for many years, it's good to know that you've gone in another direction."

And now for the bad joke -- Whoopi continues, "I'm keeping my fingers, eyes and butt (because it's big enough now) crossed for your success."

Unfortunately, it seems Whoopi's words fell upon deaf ears.

Kim

Whoopi is good people. It was really nice of her to reach out to Charlie.

Chaps

"I bang 7 gram rocks cuz thats how I roll"

With that outlook, its just a matter of time before he OD's.

Hardcore unrepentant junkie!

Ivan in Phoenix

Coke? What about his horrible case of meth-mouth?

pam

Postage was $.33 in Jan 1999. Photoshop much?????

Ann

What's the deal with this story? I am sure there there are MANY celebrities that have reached out to Sheen over the years. How is this even remotely interesting, except for the fact that it appears to be fake or manipulated because the postage rate reflects current postage rates rather than 1999 rates?

pam

Postage was $.33 in Jan 1999. Photoshop much?????

Chicagoray

Is Skeezer Still alive? Well there's still the rest of the weekend to look forward to...

Muppet

Are his "goddesses" now photocopying everything in his house to sell to the tabloids? Is Charlie selling these things to make a $1? Either way this is just sad. He'll be missing more than a watch before this is over!

aswierczynski

Drugs are just one thing you can toss at a person to keep them placated. Women can have the same effect; it is said that coke produces the same neurological effect as falling in love. Him and his goddesses need help, mind control is a serious problem: http://bit.ly/eoUEcc.

I do have to say, sharing your girlfriends with meth-heads who hop on it like a pogo stick - LOSING.

Heidi

I LOVE CHARLIE SHEEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not a bad joke on Whoopie's behalf, she's a comedian.......

Charilie will be just fine & he's laughing at those doubters all the way to the bank........ :)

Robert

Keeping her whutt crossed? All this time I thought it was an eclipse blocking out the sun...

Chaps

Hey Chuckles, Gallagher has some props for sale, maybe you should buy some for your upcoming tour?

Or watch the "Charlie Sheen Parodies" on a big screen as seen on youtube, they are funnier than you will ever be!

Chaps

Whoopi better keep her eyes crossed, because if she ever focuses on him again it will scare her white!

I bang seven gram rocks, thats how I roll,

I've got one speed, Go!

Epic Winning!

Me

So Whoopi sold TMZ the note so she could make herself part of the story. Just like her rant about the article that she claimed left her out of the black Oscar winners even though she was wrong and the article was not a history of black winners.

Publicity whore

Chaps

Ummm, I dont think Whoopi sold that to TMZ. They dont note the source, but in my world, I dont keep copies of notes sent to people. For twelve years.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments