Van Halen Singer:

I Was ABDUCTED

By Aliens!

3/21/2011 3:00 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Former Van Halen front man Sammy Hagar has officially spaced out -- in fact, the guy actually claims he was abducted by real-life aliens several decades ago ... in Fontana ... and they had their way with his brain.

Sammy Hagar
Hagar tells MTV, “It was real. They were plugged into me. It was a download situation … or, they uploaded something from my brain, like an experiment ... They were tapped into my brain and the knowledge was transferred back and forth."

Hagar insists the whole thing went down in Fontana, CA -- home to a NASCAR track.

According to the ex-rock star, it wasn’t his first extra-terrestrial experience either -- claiming he saw his first UFO when he was just four years old, hovering over a field near his home.

And just so we're clear, this isn't a joke -- Sammy insists, "That happened. That friggin’ happened."

beth

That sounds about right! Sammy is one of the most unique of the human species....if I were an alien I'd totally pick him to study. Who wants to pick a boring accountant or something to study>

BTW - I'm an accountant.

Ray

happened to me also,Sambassador.

Jen O.

Hmm, him and Peter Criss apparently have something in common...

messenger69

Now this is a REAL story. Great Job TMZ!!

Red

first?

Joe

So aliens downloaded knowledge from Sammy Haggar? Hmmm, they must've stored it on a 158 MB pen drive.

BDoll

I'm wondering what the freak he was doin out in Fontana and what parts. Back then there wasn't a "nicer" part of Fontana like now kinda...it was allll ghetto. Not that it matters i guess........

Ehécatl

How could Sammy Hagar be abducted by aliens when he is one?

BananaHammock

BTW...He didn't say he was abducted by aliens...

by

time to replace the eggs in the frying pan video with Sammy's brain

MikeR

You idiots are out of touch sometimes.. Sammy is FAR from an EX-rock star. He has a new band called CHICKENFOOT you dolts!

Joe

well... I never thought I would say this, but... Charlie Sheen seems sane now.

asdf

Why does it matter that Fontana has a NASCAR track? Are you trying to infer that only people/places that watch NASCAR would claim they were abducted by aliens?

Daria

Ummmm...he didn't say anything about that to Rolling Stone...

Linda O

Oh Sammy....I'm proud to be a Redhead! You're gonna get beaten up pretty good with this story though. I LOVE me some Sammy!!!!!