Van Halen Singer:

I Was ABDUCTED

By Aliens!

3/21/2011 3:00 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Former Van Halen front man Sammy Hagar has officially spaced out -- in fact, the guy actually claims he was abducted by real-life aliens several decades ago ... in Fontana ... and they had their way with his brain.

Sammy Hagar
Hagar tells MTV, “It was real. They were plugged into me. It was a download situation … or, they uploaded something from my brain, like an experiment ... They were tapped into my brain and the knowledge was transferred back and forth."

Hagar insists the whole thing went down in Fontana, CA -- home to a NASCAR track.

According to the ex-rock star, it wasn’t his first extra-terrestrial experience either -- claiming he saw his first UFO when he was just four years old, hovering over a field near his home.

And just so we're clear, this isn't a joke -- Sammy insists, "That happened. That friggin’ happened."

MikeP

Tens of thousands of people claim to be been abducted.
And this phenom is been greatly researched, by a lot of smart folks, with no other agenda. And we have gotten pretty good with tech and methods to weed out liars. So, even if most are "complete crazies and great liars,..say even 99 percent, there still is something there to consider.

Do I think that he was?
Highly unlikely,
but "highly unlikely events"
happen all the time.
Like earthquakes, and folks winning the Powerball
stuff happens
So who knows?

FlamingoNut

Sounds like it might be a new song for the upcoming Chickenfoot album...due out in the fall, as per Sammy himself (at the NJ book signing).

MIDNIGHT TOKER

sammy hagar sucks...he sucked when he played in his own band and he really sucked playing for van halen,,

Sad sad

Late 60's = LSD. Idiot doesn't even know he was slipped a little something something I bet. LOL

Rachie

Crystal Meth, a hellofa drug

folie

Sammy rocks. He talked about his "experience" during his Marching to Mars tour in the late 90's. Most people who have been to one of his concerts know about this. He puts on a great show. Rock on Sammy.....

Crabbey

I wouldn't discount this completely. There are so many retired pilots and military that have reported seeing UFO activity that it's more likely than not going on.

Lisa

OU812!

Kansas

First of all, he was NEVER a part of Van Halen, he was a stand-in for a few years when no one listened to Van Halen. Van Halen is two people, Dave and Eddie. End of story. If you want to argue then that further cements my point and you clearly are not a true fan.

Tricia

Sammy is not an ex-rock star. The man still rock out and has a hit record with his new bank Chickenfoot. Get your facts straight.

Red

I believe him. There are many more people out there who have had similar experiences. He is definitely not alone and I'd be that there are a few more celebrities who have had experiences like this too. If only the were brave enough to come forward....

Most people think people that come forward are crazy. All it takes is to have one UFO sighting to make you a believer.

I had a sighting in 2006 and it changed me forever in such a positive way. I am WAY more open minded.

Cooper

"Real-life aliens"? Are there other kinds?

Dave

not really new news...he talked early last week about this on Howard Stern.

Ricardo

Van Halien

Phyllis

I thought that guy being probed next to me looked familar...