Van Halen Singer:

I Was ABDUCTED

By Aliens!

3/21/2011 3:00 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Former Van Halen front man Sammy Hagar has officially spaced out -- in fact, the guy actually claims he was abducted by real-life aliens several decades ago ... in Fontana ... and they had their way with his brain.

Sammy Hagar
Hagar tells MTV, “It was real. They were plugged into me. It was a download situation … or, they uploaded something from my brain, like an experiment ... They were tapped into my brain and the knowledge was transferred back and forth."

Hagar insists the whole thing went down in Fontana, CA -- home to a NASCAR track.

According to the ex-rock star, it wasn’t his first extra-terrestrial experience either -- claiming he saw his first UFO when he was just four years old, hovering over a field near his home.

And just so we're clear, this isn't a joke -- Sammy insists, "That happened. That friggin’ happened."

joe

WILL ALWAYS BE EX ROCK STAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Melissa

So I teach in Fontana Unified School District, and the thought that aliens are in and around the city would explain a lot of things... :)

Momba

Wait wait, you're telling us the man just put out a tell all book where he bad mouths Eddie Van Halen because of Eddie's drug use.
Then he comes out with this story and thinks we will really believe him, and not think he's strung out on drugs now?
The only reason the Aliens brought him back was because he can't drive...55!

Rachel Rothechild

I beleive him. Why negate the possibility that it happen.

#1 Sammy Hagar Fan

I can't believe all the DUMB people and their comments about Sammy seeing a UFO!! Sammy STILL IS and WILL ALWAYS BE THE RED ROCKER!! Where in the hell has the Van Halen brothers since Sammy left Van Halen? NO WHERE but rehab!! Bah ha ha ha ha.... Google DLR and Sammy Hagar and see WHO has the most information about them on there.... I dare you, I DOUBLE DOG DARE YOU!!!!!!!! He is a MUSICAL GENIOUS, as well as a very caring man. Read the book, judge for yourselves. Most of you idiots have no clue who he is, what he's all about and how caring he is, especially towards his fans, he KNOWS that THE REDHEADS ARE BEHIND HIM 100% and then some! P.S. Original Van Halen members, where is your music, are you donating to charities that help CHILDREN? Somebody needs to kick TMZ ASSES!! Grow up and GET A LIFE YOU LOSERS!!!!

Christine

Sammy is THE REDROCKER! He is a real rockstar. He has made himself what he is today, making millions of dollars on his music, name, tequilla, etc... I just red his book RED (that he signed at a book signing for me) and it is a great book. If you want a REAL blurp of what was really said, read the book, don't believe TMZ. This is the first time I've ever seen something on TMZ and got pissed/don't believe it.

Marissa

It's funny how TMZ and other readers are so quick to judge an "otherworldly" experience, and make fun of the person who had it. Just because you cannot explain something does not mean it didn't happen.

Rabbitt

The aliens gave him back when they realized he wasn't David Lee Roth.

If sense were common everyone would have it.

Hey Sammy, did they do experiments on your belly-buttons & kneecaps, too?

Superman

No such thing as aliens from outer-space. But, if he's talking about illegal aliens abducting him, then that I believe.

THIN LIZZY

Say what you want. How many of you losers started a business and sold your share for 80 million dollars?

Lilly

Sure as hell explains "I can't Drive 55"...well, of course you couldn't Sammy. Gravity and all that nonsense just getting in the way! yeesh...

Hiro-Protagonist

he mentioned this in an interview with howard stern early last week. c'mon tmz. old news.

Politico Pablo

Those damn alien's ruined my career. They changed the frequency, so now I'm tone deaf.

Jenny Jet

They're real and they're here. Prepare for the coming alien conflict - http://jennyjet.com