Lil Wayne's Producer Sues -- Make it Rain, Bitch!

3/22/2011 7:46 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

The guy who produced Lil Wayne's song, "Lollipop,"is suing Weezy's label, claiming he's owed more than $20 million for his good work.

Lil Wayne

Darius Harrison, known as Deezle, claims he not only produced "Lollipop," he also produced "Whip It," "Prostitute 2," and "Action," as well as "Mrs. Officer" and "Let the Beat Build" -- all songs on "Tha Carter III" which sold more than 6 million copies.

Deezle claims in his lawsuit against Young Money Entertainment and Cash Money Records ... album sales that he was involved in producing grossed more than $70 million.

Deez claims he's owed more than $20 mil.

Zippy T. Pinhead

It's true, and I helped produce Lil Wayne song like "Da drums be rolling" "Git outta mys ways white boy" and the mega hit "Does you be going mys way".

John

This is not surprising at all... Cash money/young money always cheated many producers from their cut, theres an interview with producer, Bangladesh (produced "a Milli") where he says that lil wayne and birdman never gave money to most of their producers. And i thought Jim Jonsin produced "lollipop"?

WetChiliFart

Any time I want to see a civil disagreement between educated members of the public I always turn to the comments section on TMZ articles but all I ever see are a bunch of morons who suck their grandpa's ****s.

Janet

Maybe Trump will help him. Or is that some other guy on The Apprentice?

Greg

I guess "Prostitute !" was such a big hit that they needed a sequel!

Stephen

I believe in you weezy! Watch this ****:

dd

Hey idiot that's why u hire an entertainment attorney BEFORE u start the work!

myliverhurts

Sarah Bellum = TRASH

vince

greed.. it makes the world go round.

JMinor

I highly believe this story. I'm an artist out of South Florida who recently got picked up by a manager representing Young Money. I paid $300 as a partial deposit for artist/agent representation. Not only have I not yet received any sort of representation, this manager wont respond to e-mails, tweets or basically any contact at all. TMZ, contact me & I will give names & sources close to this incident as well as contact #'s or any contact info I have. I would like to get this manager fired & Young Money contacted for compensation and a renued contract possibly.

J.Minor
www.youtube.com/jminor954
www.facebook.com/j.minor
www.twitter.com/jminor954
jminor954@gmail.com

So What

Why do you fools pay for trash like Rap which is NOT MUSIC. This **** has no talent at all just a bunch of dumb fu--ing meaning less words and you fools go for it. Chech out real people who are musicans and singers with real word and music. They use their real talent to make a living. it must be those that have no education at all with no brains. hope I pissed you off

N8THEGR8

#5 stop bein stupid and making racist gestures, tmz always have bad pictures if people, lil wayne is just an ugly dude

steve

Cash Money Records still owe me monies from a video they did in London (England) and didn't pay!

melissa

WELCOME to the BIG world LIL wayne sippin slyzurps cant get u ouutta this one haha

Sincerity

Good luck with trying to collect it!!! Obtaining a favorable judgment may be much easier than actually collecting the money owed. They'll probably bounce this poor guy in and out of court until a settlement is reached for only a "fraction" of what's actually owed. This sort of thing happens on a regular basis. People aren't always rightfully compensated for their creative efforts.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments