BET Host Shot and Killed in NYC

3/27/2011 11:05 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

DJ Megatron -- a regular on the BET show "106th and Park" -- was shot and killed in Staten Island early Sunday morning.

0327_DJ_Megatron_getty_bn
Megatron -- real name Corey McGriff -- was shot around 2:00 AM, not far from his home. He was pronounced dead at the scene.

Corey previously worked for hip-hop radio stations in Boston and Philadelphia, and most notably at New York City's HOT 97 station.

McGriff was 32.

dd

Wow...

kim

Aaawww this is so sad. I don't know who this is but I don't need to know to feel terrible. Such a horrendous crime, makes me sick. He had his whole life ahead of him...RIP
May God rest his soul

Pinky

What in the world? So that's it, is it? Any leads? Any concern? Anybody give a d*mn?

Home Skillet

Pinky - you're hilarious. I'm sure lots of people give a damn. They're likely attending to things like funeral arrangements, notifying family members, etc.

On another note, I didn't know the guy, but I echo the sentiments of the previous poster and feel badly for him regardless. I hope they find the person/people responsible for this and prosecute them quickly, with great justice for his family's sake.

Made it Past 27

OMG. RIP

Just Sayin

BEEF!

Treat others how you want to be treated.
(mental people out there who don't give a fawK)

Anony Moose

I get a kick out of you, TMZ. Absolutely no details whatsoever. He was shot and killed. Was the suspect apprehended? Is anyone looking for suspects? Was there an altercation prior to him being shot?

You need to hire journalists that graduated high school and not just young dumb people to make Harvey feel smart and hip.

Puckett

meh... sh*t happens. I'm sure it had nothing to do with him living the rapstar thuglife. Just another random killing at 2am in the city.

lisa2

Awful.

dd

Who on this earth is a "perfect angel"? Selling weed wow..what does that have to do with being MURDERED?

Slutty Whores Rock

I'm sure he was out teaching kids to read or feeding homeless veterans at the time.

Susan

I did know Corey... he went to high school with my daughter... they went to the prom together... he was a good guy and it is a shame. 32 years old - so young, too young to be taken from us. I can't image what that phone call was like for his Mom... my heart cries for her. He will be deeply missed by his friends and family. R.I.P. sweetie.

Cartman

BET is a racist channel.

Home Skillet

This is a serious question: Do black people deny their racism against whites?

debschira

#11 i get a kick out of you cause you are SO RIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! they have toddlers trying to do adults work. i believe (cause i said sorta the same thing the other day) the only one that has a decent brain is the blond long hair kid. AND THIS IS FOR THAT BOO PERSON WHO HAS POSTED ABOVE AND BELOW YOU MOOSE. "YOU ARE A SICK, SICK SON OF A BIATCH MR OR MRS BOO. SHAME SHAME ON YOU FOR SUCH DISGUSTING FILTH".

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments