'Barefoot Contessa' AGREES to See Make-A-Wish Kid

3/28/2011 3:07 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

It's a MIRACLE!!!! "Barefoot Contessa" star Ina Garten has somehow found the time to meet with a Make-A-Wish foundation kid named Enzo ... after TMZ reported she denied his request TWICE.

Barefoot Contessa

Garten's rep released a statement explaining how the Food Network chef only "became aware of Enzo's story this weekend" .... and insists she will be calling the 6-year-old later today.

As we first reported, Enzo is battling leukemia -- and told the foundation he WISHED he could cook a meal with Ina ... because he watched her show with his mom while in bed battling the illness.

Enzo's family, along with the M.A.W. foundation, had confirmed that Garten declined to grant Enzo's wish due to scheduling conflicts -- TWICE -- but now, Garten's rep says she's willing to play ball.

The rep insists, "[Ina] looks forward to inviting him to spend some time with her at the Food Network studios."

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

Chris

I hope he tells her to stick it... lol...

Majestik

How convenient. Like this is going to make me see her in a different light. BS to the rep claiming she only knew this weekend, sure!!!

Smarter Human

You'd think the Barefoot Princessa would get off her high horse and go TO the kids house, instead of making a sick kid travel. Oh well...at least she's meeting with him (after embarrassing public pressure, of course...)

Kimberly

weak... :/ She should have said yes in the first place... stuck up broad...

jessemosslover

Oh sure right after the new got out that she's a heartless bitch now she suddenly decides she has time to see him. What a phony.

Kimberlee

BOYCOTT HER SHOW! This is ridiculous. This child is DYING and she can't pull her head out of her backside long enough to see that this child's last and DYING wish is to spend time with her pompous ***.

If I was in her position, I would have never declined the request, I would have jumped at it, I would have stayed up all night for a week if necessary to do something with this child.

SHAME ON HER!!!

MoonDust

she already showed her true colors, a little too late for her to change that. I hope the kid says no. I knew she was gonna pull this crap after she was seen as the heartless woman she truly is. SAY NO KID!!!! Go with the dolphins!!!

Caligirl

Oh! So NOW after all the bad publicity she has received she is NOW going to do this for this child.

I still think she's a BITCH. I will never ever watch her or buy anything she associates with. A little too late lady.

Ro

If I was Enzo, I would tell her "no, thank you. I made another wish". For someone to deny a kid not once but twice and then all of the sudden say yes... there is something going on there! She probably got some much hate mail and nasty calls that she feels like she has to now just to keep her fan base. Enzo, you deserve the best wish life has to offer and to get it the first time you wish for it! Shoot for the stars, Sweetie!

Zoe

Enzo, don't play Ina's PR game. Go swim with the dolphins, it will be much more fun and way more memorable I guarantee you.

Superman

***COUGH***BULLSH*T***COUGH***

PR rep to the rescue!

Smarter Human

I hate Kitchen Bit ches. Divas...

Howie

Hope Enzo will enjoy the experience if he decides to go there.

Phreaky

Ina sucks! This doesn't change anything. It just proves that when the story leaked out she tried to save face. Boo Ina! You can shove your show and your cookbooks up your rear.

Linda O

She didn't know about this little boys wish...yeah right. Ms Ina just realized that this whole story has become a PR nightmare and she thinks we are all so dumb not see what really is happening here. Typical elitist attitude.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments