'Barefoot Contessa' AGREES to See Make-A-Wish Kid

3/28/2011 3:07 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

It's a MIRACLE!!!! "Barefoot Contessa" star Ina Garten has somehow found the time to meet with a Make-A-Wish foundation kid named Enzo ... after TMZ reported she denied his request TWICE.

Barefoot Contessa

Garten's rep released a statement explaining how the Food Network chef only "became aware of Enzo's story this weekend" .... and insists she will be calling the 6-year-old later today.

As we first reported, Enzo is battling leukemia -- and told the foundation he WISHED he could cook a meal with Ina ... because he watched her show with his mom while in bed battling the illness.

Enzo's family, along with the M.A.W. foundation, had confirmed that Garten declined to grant Enzo's wish due to scheduling conflicts -- TWICE -- but now, Garten's rep says she's willing to play ball.

The rep insists, "[Ina] looks forward to inviting him to spend some time with her at the Food Network studios."

mikki

Uh huh... right.

anni

AddieTrish

To little to late it seems :(

janet

Yeah, with all the crap she got from everyone she had no choice. I still never liked her.

MoonDust

Say no Enzo, Plus she should go to YOU, not make the sick go to her, wtf is her problem. I hope he and his family say NO!!!! Go pet the dolphin kid, can't go wrong with the dolphins!!

BC

34. If you cooked with every dying kid around, how would you have time to work, really folks.
Posted at 11:34 AM on Mar 28, 2011 by anni

Come on, if that was the case she never would have said yes now.

BC

I hope he and his family says no to her, only reason she is saying yes now is because her Rep has been hurt. Instead, have fun cooking with the other 2 chefs who actually have volunteered with no pressure!!

alexreager

Ina--tell your PR people they're fired!!!

And for all these people calling for her head, go suck an egg.

"The damage is done" is the stupidest thing I can think of.

Just goes to show, the public is stupid stupid stupid. The lowest 2% of this nations intelligence forced this woman to see this sick kid. Great job america. Glad we have invested so much energy to put this woman in her place (thats sarcasm) and for those still calling for a boycott, again, go suck an egg.

Katie

HER?? I don't know if this was a typo on TMZ's part, or if they just typed exactly what her PR rep said. If that's the case, this is nothing more than damage control. The PUBLIC knows this story, and that is a BOY who requested to meet Ina. For her PR team to fire off a statement like this without even knowing the gender of the little boy making the wish proves they really don't care. It's a disgrace. I wanted to give her the benefit of the doubt at first, maybe there were facts the public wasn't given. But after that statement, I realize she could just care less. At this point, she's trying to do damage control. It's sad. I hope this little boy chooses another wish, and that it makes him very happy.

Natasha

I can't stand her show or her stuck up appearance. But I think this is just her PR people doing damage control. Enzo got two better offers from Iron Chef Simon and Chef Beau. Ina is an ass and should not make him go to her.

Hey Harvey I'm a great cook tell Enzo I'll cook with him. Screw Ina

Danielle

I think it is beyond disgusting that she can make time for him after she gets negative press. To little to late in my eyes. What goes around comes around.

Da TaxMan

I hate this woman! I will never purchase anything remotely associated w/her in my lifetime!!!
I called the executive of the parent company of her show at 865.560....3976, on Friday and they were already trying to do some MAJOR PR REPAIR!

MARIE

Becasue of this story I lost all respect for her. And now I have even less respect if that is possible. It took her getting exposed for her to agree to it. Go give some of your "friends a lesson", and keep them off the show instead. You should lose your show.

Bulldog Mom

She is just trying to save her career...She saw all the comments made about her....If she truely wanted to do it, she would have before...I hope they HANG UP on her when she calls !! I would...Still not planning on watching her on Tv or buying anything she sells...A LITTLE TOO LATE LADY!!

Blou65

Too little too late! I wish food network would fire her a**!!