« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

John Cena

30x the 'Wish' Granting

Power

3/29/2011 2:55 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

WWE's John Cena is about to make a whole bunch of little wishes come true -- because TMZ has learned he's taking 30 kids from Make-A-Wish to WRESTLEMANIA!!!!!!

032811_john_cena_getty_ex

Reps from M.A.W. tell us 30 kids with "life-threatening medical conditions" from the U.S., Canada, and even Australia will attend Wrestlemania XVII this weekend in Atlanta.

But that's not all -- the kids will be going to a private autograph session with WWE Superstars and Divas ... and afterward, they'll hit a pizza party hosted by Cena!!!

We're told the M.A.W. Foundation also plans to honor John at the party for passing a huge milestone -- 200 wishes granted -- an honor shared by only three other celebs ... Jeff Gordon, Dale Earnhardt Jr., and Hulk Hogan.

1208_wrasslin_footer

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

georgesgirl

see INA this is how it's done...

bloggyman48

I wish more superstars would be as giving as john cena and do the same

Cole

I love to put my couch in my front lawn, put my feet in my kiddy pool, and watch me some wraslin'

Cole Johnson

Too bad professional wresling is fake, huh?

k

Good for you Cena!!! Wish more celebs would donate their time to make a child happy!!! Unlike a certain celebrity chef...shame on her!!!

Jason

Someone posted "Bring back Big John Studd"

Well, he died in 95 so thats kinda out of the question...

Next to people think this is PR, Johns been doing stuff like this for several years. Hes granted over 200 wishes himself. Most of them you dont even see on tv. Once in a while you do see a story on "Today" or GMA about it. Its not about PR.

As far as kinds being scared to go to wrestlemania. any kid, wrestling fan or not, would love to go. My 1st wrestling event, was Wrestlemania 3. I never watched it on tv before that point. but after the even I never missed watching a show.

Cole

I like to sit on my couch in the front yard, put my feet in my kiddy pool, and watch me some wraslin'.

Ashley

Even though alot of people dont like Cena...he is an awesome guy outside the WWE! Cenation

Billy

I wish that Make a Wish would do things like this for children with a non life threatening illness. My son LOVE John Cena and the WWE but his condition is not life threatening.

Delona

This is great. 30 kids and the old barefooted cook didn't have time for 1 child until the public turned on her.

Mimi

*snip*
This is a simple way of promoting your work, to advertise yourself, very great PR. If he was a really nice guy, he would not invite them on wrestlemania, where they will witness Snooki'ss epic win, but managed to give them a simple party with no paps involved.

Do not buy what he is selling. Nice guy my ...

Posted at 2:40 AM on Mar 29, 2011 by learnmachine

If it is all for PR why haven't we heard about the other 170 wishes he granted.

Pro "wrestling" is fantasy entertainment just like movies, TV, stage shows, etc. Do you really think people above the age of about 10 or so think that the Disney or Sesame Street characters ice skating are real?

Get over yourself.

middleagedcrazy

Wrestlers as a group are very careful of children and their feelings. The WWE/F Whatever folks have always shown kids care and concern.

The bigger the folks, the more they care. Thanks Mr. Cena. When I was buying stuff for a Christmas exchange and all the kid wanted was a poster of you it was not wasted on cheap stuff.

Have fun and good luck. Wrestlers Rule!

rhode

I don't care if wresling is fake, John Cena is a hero to all those kids he's granted wishes for. Also, it's important to remember that between the two wreslers, (Cena and Hulk Hogan) and the two NASCAR drivers, (Gordon and Earnhardt) over 800 sick kids have had wishes come true. Pray for the day that Make-A-Wish is no longer needed because CURES have been found for all those terrible childrens diaseases.

got it like that!!

<3 John Cena and Jeff Gordon!! AWESOME JOB GUYS!!!!

Conservatives are Cowards

MightyMad: (Why so many people in our society, people just like puhp, are so willing to treat kids as if they're all a bunch of P.USSIES? What's the deal with that? Anyway...)
------------------------------------------------

You're kidding, right? Generation X is made up of nothing but a bunch of pathetic cowards, and they're making their kids even worse. Generation X is seriously the most neutered generation in history. Let's face it, Generation X grew up as a bunch of snot-nosed, entitled little brats that was told how "special" they are at every turn, sheltered from the "horrors" of real life (like being told "no" once in a while or not "winning" a game), and now even the most mundane of personal failures are tragedies to these people.

And they're passing on their own cowardice and insecurities to their own children. Fortunately, the Great Recession will prevent many of these losers from codding their kids the way they were coddled, and their kids are going to grow up with a better sense of the real world than their parents, whether their cowardly parents want that or not. Unlike their parents, their kids will have to WORK for their money and EARN their income.

Generation X was the worst thing to ever happen to the world.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments