'GoDaddy.com' Elephant Killer -- PETA Is Extorting Me

3/30/2011 7:00 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

The GoDaddy.com CEO who shot and killed an African elephant is now taking aim at PETA for blasting his hunting trip -- vowing he won't be extorted by the animal defenders.

Bob Parsons Elephant

Bob Parsons triggered controversy after posting an Internet video chronicling his elephant slaying during a trip to Zimbabwe.

TMZ obtained a copy of the letter PETA sent Parsons, presenting him with its "first-ever Scummiest CEO of the Year Award" -- and informing him PETA is "taking our domain-name business elsewhere."

Parsons tells TMZ, "I understand PETA has an agenda, but I refuse to go along with their extortion-style practice."

Parsons claims he was only hunting "problem elephants"  -- ones that destroy the villagers' crops ... adding, "I stand by my decision to help African villagers."  Parson claims he has the support of tribal leaders there.

In its letter, PETA points out there are effective and nonlethal methods already being used to keep elephants from village crops. But Parsons isn't giving in to PETA's request that he back more humane methods ... saying, "Will we donate to PETA in return for their business? Absolutely not."

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

moussemaker

What a POS

TJ

that's one less web site i have to look at now. GoDaddy can GoDaddytoHell.com

sheesh

I don't understand how someone can kill a living creature for the own selfish pleasure. It's one thing to kill for food, but to kill just for pure egotistical reasons is sickening.

Sandra

Look at that beautiful elephant! What an EVIL man. I hope he burns in hell!

Bruno

I was looking for a web hosting site for my dh's business. I'm not a fan of PETA, but I won't be using this s*** bag's site either.

Carl

Thank goodness for wealthy CEOs. I mean, who else could possibly save those villagers from harm?

Angie

I usually think PETA takes things a little far - but sheesh, killing an elephant for sport? Aren't they endangered or at least close? Terrible.

hotandcold

A real humanitarian, that guy is. "Just helping the local villagers with the bad elephants". uh huh, sure Like I really believe that B.S.

texwife

What a piece of work...hope his business meets the same fate as the poor elephant!

More Cowbell

@Carl....lol, too funny - good one!

notdos

I own an internet business and I'll be taking my domain business elsewhere. People that hurt living creatures for pleasure are mentally ill. It astounds me that all you have to do is get a large enough group of sick people together and the sickness becomes an acceptable choice / industry.

Hello is anybody in there?

Ya not a fan of Peta cause of this http://www.petakillsanimals.com/ but i agree with them killing anything for sport and stupid enough to post it online is just disgusting.

Room Service

You need to DIE A PAINFUL DEATH...

Charlie Sheen's Watch

If you want to help these people, you permit them to use your resources at lower cost or free service.

You don't get a gun go out to their village and kill an elephant.

halfanese

POS is right. He conveniently labels the elephant as a "problem" elephant and that he was the only hero on the earth who could travel all the way to Africa to rescue a village's crop. Does he think we're all idiots. I'm ashamed for him, which is more than he can say for himself. His tongue-in-cheek website business, demoralizing women speaks for itself. SHAME ON YOU Bob Parsons.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments