« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Chuck Liddell Asks Judge for Full Custody

4/1/2011 2:00 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Chuck Liddell is in an L.A. courtroom asking a judge for full custody of his son, after the boy allegedly told him he didn't want to live with his mom anymore.

040111_chuck_liddel_video
Sources tell us 12-year-old Cade was visiting Chuck from Colorado, where he lives with him mom, Lori Geyer.  Chuck claims the boy was depressed and upset and didn't want to go back.  And, Chuck says, Cade complained he was "living with a severe toothache for 2 to 3 months."

Chuck took Cade to a dentist, but feels his son's "health and safety are at risk."

The judge ruled that the Colorado courts have jurisdiction over custody so a hearing has been scheduled there on Tuesday.

UPDATE: After the hearing, Chuck said he was there to "protect" his son.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Heather

If the child is really being treated wrong, then I hope he lives with the more responsible parent. However, if snow removal is considered abusive, then you might wanna call the child-protection services on me too. Cause I make my kids, clean their rooms, do homework, rake the yard, ... all sorts of "mean and awful" stuff. I should be ashamed of myself!

Lynn

At 12 yrs. old...shoving snow is physical labor???? Are you kidding me...he's not a wimp...he should shove snow...it will tell him how to be a man.... This is so stupid to me...where was he for the 12 yrs???

26thirdstreet

I've never heard of Chic Liddel. Who is he?

CrashAndBurn

Sounds like Chuck Liddell is raising a Bobby Hill.

meme

First off, who the heck are these people?

Second, shoveling snow isn't forced labor. The kid sounds like a spoiled brat that doesn't think he needs to help out around the house.

Thomas K.

"...allegedly abused by ... to perform physical labor ... including snow removal."

You mean at 12 years old, he has "chores?" I hate lawyers.

Matt

Kudos to the Mother for being the parent who is in charge here. Perhaps Chuck has not been paying adequate child support to the mother to afford taking their son to a dentist. Most Judges are parents, too. Hopefully the Judge will make a judicious decision as to whether the boy is playing one parent against the other. I say, use common sense because a toothache doesn't always require a Dentist. Try a saline water rinse. Do it before bedtime so that you don't eat anything for the next 6-8 hours. Hold the salt water (as hot as you can bear it) in your mouth for about 3 minutes. Spit it out. Repeat until all the water is used up. Or, do the same thing with the golden-colored Listerine mouth wash. If this doesn't work after repeating the process after a day or two -- spend your money on professional treatment.

Chris

There was a case in my county a few years ago where a kid of about that age (10 or 12, I don't remember for sure) was compelled to do physical labor mowing grass in the summer without adequate shade or water. He ended up in the hospital due to heatstroke, and suffered permanent brain damage.

But hey, it was just a chore, right? It was good for the kid, built character, right?

I cannot believe the number of people on here who just automatically assume that "forced to perform physical labor" is and must be equivalent to the same kinds of chores we had to do as kids. Maybe it is, and maybe it really is child abuse that the lawyer described. How about waiting for some details before leaping to conclusions.

CelebrityGossipGirl

Oh GAWDDD! I'm a child abuser... My poor children. I make them shovel snow, take out trash, wash dishes... Goodness, shame on me.

CelebrityGossipGirl

Posted at 1:24 PM on Apr 1, 2011 by Chris

Oh shut up. No **** abuse is abuse. It said and I quote "Chuck's lawyer mentioned in court the boy was allegedly abused by being forced to perform physical labor -- including snow removal." NOT ABUSE dumbass.

Chris

What's your problem, CelebrityGossipGirl?? Your post makes absolutely no sense. The kid in my locale was "allegedly abused by being forced to perform physical labor," too, in his case mowing grass. The length of time and other conditions surrounding the labor nearly killed him, and resulted in permanent damage. Unless you know more than about this situation than is included in the TMZ story, you are leaping to a conclusion, which makes you the idiot.

exclusivesue

Wow all the sudden he wants to "protect his son" NOW at age 12. Where was he from early on and wanting Full Custody? I've been in this same thing. Shared Parenting and now that the boy is 12 and a BOY, more fun for dad, all the sudden he files for Sole Custody and I"m this rotten Mom. You get him lady and slam the courts along the way. When we did all the work early on with the infant and toddler years, where was daddy? Doing his "share" but now???? See ya.... give me full custody. Later dude. I hope she burns your butt

en Todo Momento!!

yeah, i can imagine....must be real hard on the kid, that he has to live with a douchy mom- A FREAKIN CHICK!! when his poppa is the big time all time ufc manly man fighter champ. yeah, i would take that boy under my fluffy wing in an instant. sooo sad!! :C

karlew

OMG every single kid I knew growing up are abuse victims. Our evil nasty parents made all of us shovel snow. That's it I'm calling my lawyer. Maybe we can band together and get a class action suit going.

Tammy

If the boy wants to live with his father, and the father is fine with it, I don't see the problem. The mom had him legally for 12 years, so now the father can have him legally for the next 6.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments