Lindsay Betty Ford Clash

Violent 911 Confrontation

4/1/2011 2:55 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ has obtained the 911 call made by Lindsay Lohan during the nuclear argument she had with Betty Ford staffer Dawn Holland -- an argument Holland says turned violent.

0401_lilo_dawn_911
It all went down on December 12, when the staffer -- Dawn Holland -- claims she busted Lindsay and two other girls jumping a wall at Betty Ford at around 1 AM. -- after curfew.  During the 911 call, Lindsay and Dawn were both on the line on separate phones.  Lindsay says, "She's freaking me out!"

When Dawn tried to make Lindsay take a breathalyzer, she says "Lindsay Lohan pushed me and hit me with the phone."  Dawn claims she knows the other two girls Lindsay was with were drunk, "reeking of alcohol."

During the call, Dawn claims she grabbed the phone to talk to the dispatcher ... but Lindsay ripped the phone from her hand ... spraining Dawn's wrist in the process.

As we first reported, the Riverside County District Attorney declined to prosecute Lindsay over the incident.
0401_dawnh_Footer

AA Sponsor

*Also it makes her harder to insure as an actress in the future... (although she's already next to impossible to insure now).

Grandma Cracker

Wow, Puckett and John Smith, Lindsay a gangster? Compare her to Frank Sinatra?

It's getting late and you guys are delusional.

Time for you to break out your collector's editions (on VHS) of Lindsay Lohan movies, grab a mondo jar of vaseline, and go do what best......and take that fuktard Limy FOL with you.

Sticky dreams perverts......

sean

Posted at 11:03 PM on Apr 1, 2011 by AA Sponsor...........AA only has a 5% recovery rate was the mantra last week any comments sleep on it and get back to me.

SugarBear

If the Nanny lived in England and she was out on her fanny that would have REALLY hurt.

Jennifer

@ Sean, thank you for pointing out my ignorance. I was asking, not presuming. I thought we were having a civil discussion and I was enjoying hearing both sides. I didn't include experts going over the tape because I won't assume the outcome, but knew it would be part of a case. I was merely responding to your earlier post to me - not intending to be rude to you or dismiss anything you said but to carry on a discussion. My error and I apologize if so intended.

Stace.

As dramatic as Lindsays reaction was. She was wrong in stepping out, but face it. She's young and going through a phase of life where she's rebelling. Her mother and family are across the country and every single attempt she makes to rehabilitate her relationship with her ' concerned ' father, gets ' leaked '. I was in rehab for personal issues, because I lacked stability. My mother had her own life and my dad had his own. I turned to alternatives to cope. At every point in time, a person reaches a peak of self destruction. In lindsays case, the public knows. Lindsay did the right thing in calling the sheriff as soon as the altercation began. Dawn by the sounds of it was an attendant for the graveyard shift. Lindsay wouldn't know of her, but Dawn in fact would. Why didn't Dawn immediately not call security or a supervisor as she found the girls? She confronted Lindsay unprofessionally. And for her hand to be sprained by a quick grasp of the phone? It's quite unlikely. Dawn automatically mention suing her. SHE'S A PATIENT. Your object is to assist her in her 'state'. You don't automatically threaten her weather she's a spoiled brat or having a spaz.

Jennifer

Correction "My error and I apologize if so intended" should have beenm, "My error and I apologize if you thought it was intentional." Jeesh, it's late, I'm tired so thank you and good night :)

sean

@715 Charlie Duh Winning!

Posted at 10:56 PM on Apr 1, 2011 by john smith....Funny you and the rock have been breakin Davey Boy's balls all month about his comment that he met Charlie Sheen one time 10 years ago in a casino and he was polite and respectful in his brief encounter but, tonight your all suckin on each others tiger blood and quoting your him like an idol..What gives//Milo what handle does your slutty girlfriend bernadette use ?? hmm,stay tuned..

SugarBear

WOW! You guys are really entertaining tonight, thanks because my cable is all funged up and they won't come out and fix it until next Thursday. TMZ seems to sprout poets,racist,intellectuals and idiots. Still I enjoy reading all your comets the good, the bad and the just plain insane.

john smith

I think Charlie is a cool guy, I've met him a few times and I wish him well. I wish all people were as honest as he is, he is probably too candid sometimes but I think that he is doing that to flex his intelligence. He must be doing something right to be making so much money. I'm not sure but I think he was the highest paid TV actor ever per episode. I like his dad Martin better than Charlie......

Thinkabout-it

I think AA Sponsor needs a little rehab herself if she thinks Bipolar patients get uppers as a means of TX. Please girl! Sounds to me that AA sponsor has fallen off the wagon-she cant even listen to a tape recording and figure out what is going on-surely she knows nothing about what is going on in her own facilities....a little out of touch there chickie. Dawn was the victim-but I like your creative monday morning quarterbacking-especially since you were not even there.

I've sent many offenders to TX and they would never be allowed to act this way without being discharged as unsuccessful-as a PO I would insist that the TX center fax me a letter of discharge ASAP with this type of behaviour-even for the BA refusal.

I can only summize that you are in the TX population that covers for their clients-thus prolonging their 'disease'. Is that what DH did wrong, she didn't cover for LL? There is a reason Betty Ford was not on the court appoint list.

Sonja-nice post-you are 100% correct-that is how most tx facilities are operated.

jwoolman

Sonja at #484: "Like I said you [AA Sponsor] lose all credibility when you said 'people like you' with long time bipolar simply adjust your meds on your own.. prescription meds mind you without seeing your doctor. Sorry bull****."

I have a close relative with bipolar disorder and also deal with pharmaceutical research do***ents in my work, and don't find that claim "incredible" at all. A person who has had the disorder for a long time might well be able to do some simple adjustments without scheduling a visit to a doctor about it. You may not realize how casual a visit to the doctor for such things might be - easily just a few minutes, in and out. You don't spend an hour "on the couch" for such things even thought the doctor may be a psychiatrist (just an M.D. with a specialty). If you're being properly treated, it's no big deal. You can phone it in. Or know the range of adjustments that are acceptable for your case.

People with the disorder are fully functional when under appropriate treatment - they just don't experience the dysfunctional escalating highs and lows that come with the untreated disease. They still experience the normal range of emotions, but things don't get out of control. It's as though some biochemical feedback mechanism has been fixed, the mechanism that brings us back up to normal when we're depressed and sad and also brings up back down to normal when we're excited.

People can sometimes even go off bipolar meds entirely for quite a while - my relative did this for years on the advice of his doctor, although recurrences can come literally out of the blue and then it's definitely med time again. So it's important to have some people in your life who know about it and can push you to the doc as needed for a new prescription, because judgment can go to hell very quickly during an episode. My relative did well on lithium, but the therapeutic window is narrow (too easy to get into the toxic range) and doctors today are cautious about it. During his last recurrence, it took quite a while to get the right mix of non-lithium meds. But his actual contact time with the doctor was still very brief and after an initial (very short) visit - just by phone while the mix was being adjusted.

You have to remember that bipolar disorder, like other so-called "mental" disorders, is just a physical disorder that affects behavior etc. because the dysfunctions are concentrated in the brain. An analogy to self-adjustment of bipolar medication would be women who have frequent urinary tract infections. They know the symptoms very well and can come to the point where they just call the doc for an antibiotic prescription if needed, no real need for yet another urine test. Why make the trip just to give a urine sample that just confirms what you already know and to say hello/goodbye to the doctor as he writes another prescription? It's not that complicated.

jwoolman

therock at #506: " EtG urine tests can almost instantly detect that alcohol was ingested within the past 3 or 4 days."

Yes, but the ethyl glucuronide test (aka the 80 hour alcohol test) is not usually the standard test. A much simpler urine test is more typically used, which like the breathalyzer can only detect recent alcohol consumption. Refusing a timely breathalyzer test is still considered a dirty test, and in Lindsay's case - she was ordered by the court to take all tests when demanded, not a few hours later. If she did get the EtG test (although I doubt it) and was cleared, that would verify her claim since it's a very sensitive test (too sensitive, actually, hence false positives are common due to alcohol in personal care products etc.). But I think Lohan & Co. would have stated that the 80 hour alcohol test was done in that case, they certainly are not shy about immediately informing the tabloids about such things. So I would assume it was the simpler urine test that she took the next morning, which is useless for verifying her claim of not drinking alcohol.

My guess is that she assumed she could avoid any tests initially by just slipping in unnoticed. She may not have been as visibly drunk as the other two and may not have smelled of alcohol (vodka and red bull, anyone?), but if she had been drinking too close to that time - she may have been worried that the breathalyzer would detect recent alcohol use. There is just no reason for refusing the test on the spot unless she had indeed been drinking alcohol. All else is just a smokescreen.

jwoolman

Delmar at #587: "Can anyone explain Dawn's get ready to be sued comment? "

Apparently Lindsay first threatened to sue Dawn (well, she's her mom's little girl...). That was Dawn's response. Then Lindsay said something about "so you want money?" And then Dawn said something about no, I just want to be treated with respect.

I don't see it as some nefarious plan to actually sue Lindsay. Dawn didn't even race to the tabloids - TMZ contacted her quite a while later. I assume they figured out things from a public record of the police report/911 call. Lindsay very quickly started trashing Dawn in the tabloids, guaranteeing that Dawn would freely talk about the incident in defense. Yet another case of a Lohan shooting herself/himself in the foot by treating other people like dirt.

jwoolman

Delmar: "Lindsay says something about a woman in her house that she's uncomfortable with. Then, Dawn starts speaking. So, how did Dawn get the phone"

They're just using a landline, those old-fashioned things that allow more than one person to converse at once just by picking up the other extension (other physical phone on the same number). We did that all the time when we were kids with an upstairs phone and a downstairs phone on the same line. One of them in this case might be a cordless phone hooked into the same line. Dawn started talking because the dispatcher was asking for her name - Lindsay asked for it, made sense to me for Dawn to just get on the other extension to give the information herself. Also made perfect sense to identify the caller as Lindsay Lohan, because I'm sure the local police were already quite familiar with the lass .... She was always in some drama or other while in the facility. I do believe it was kindly to give them some fair warning! But Lindsay herself must have also been asked for her full name.

"Why did Lindsay call the police, what was the perceived threat or infraction?"

Good question... According to Lindsay's initial comments to the dispatcher, Dawn was some unknown person in "her" house that was "freaking her out". Trying to make it seem as though Dawn was an intruder, I guess. But it was all just to distract from that breathalyzer test, which Lindsay definitely didn't want to take. Lindsay even told one of the other wall-climbers to not say anything - you can hear that on the call. Truly a weird interlude, which I imagine was even weirder after the police arrived. Lindsay must have really ticked off the police at that point, they certainly did not leave thinking she was a victim.

Previous 15 Comments | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments