Colbert

Makes Black's 'Friday'

Into Awesome Jam

4/2/2011 10:45 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Stephen Colbert is truly a magician -- because with the help of Jimmy Fallon, The Roots and a special "American Idol" guest, he managed to turn the Rebecca Black song "Friday" into ... dare we say it ... a good song.

teamsheen

BEGIN TRANSMISSION. THE LORD ALMIGHTY GRAND HIGH EXALTED FRESH FART WIENER WARLOCK OF DOOM CHARLIE SHEEN VIOLENT TORPEDO OF DEFEAT SLASH TRUTH IS NOT AN OPTION TOUR WILL NOW COMMENCE. BUCKLE YOUR BUTTOCHS AND PUT YOUR WEINER IN THE UPRIGHT TRANSMISSION. YOU HAVE BEEN WEINERED

Tamora

Now It's a great song! But I do feel bad for Rebecca.

charles

extending the meta-four
great to see it on TMZ

b.mclane

Awesome???..It was not awesome. Nice thing to do for charity but there was nothing special about it at all. We have seen this sort of "performance" a million times before including the opening spotlight, group encore and balloon drop at the end. Cliched would be a more accurate description. Fallon can at times be funny but he has a hard time cutting his old SNL ties. His show CONSTANTLY has his SNL cronies on which is odd cause no one really thinks SNL is funny anymore. In all it comes off as very high school.

tom

colbert is the man

Hey Now

I thought that was too funny. Good for them. & how can you sing that song w/those lyrics and not come off as high schoolish? lol I think that's the point! They succeeded in making it entertaining.

If it came off as high school-ish then that's a compliment to Rebecca Black because she's only in middle school. :)

I just think the whole thing is so cute - the whole response and parodies and all the hoopla. I'm happy for her. It's also an innocent song - innocent subject and its just funny to me. Good job Jimmy & Stephen!

Sin D

i expected better of fallon...this stinks worsererer than the original p.o.s by that girl thst looks like serena gomezs'step sister...sorry

Bree

I thought this was great! Haha.

rini6

This was hilarious. Those guys who criticize the singing or the production miss the point. It's supposed to be enjoyable and funny... and raise money for schools. I think that's pretty good.

femonanon

I LOVE me my Colbert but he didn't seem to be having fun fun fun fun :-(

bagladey

That was fun.

jxtr

That was great and fun to watch.

tilly

I loved it!! Fallons band could make any song good, I think and Hicks was the magic touch. He lights up any stage.

SLH