Charlie Sheen in Chicago

The Blow-By-Blow

4/4/2011 10:45 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Charlie Sheen's Chicago show has ended -- and it was a definite improvement over Detroit. Read our live recap to see how it all went down.

Charlie Sheen in Chicago
8:15 PM -- No sign of Sheen yet.

8:20 PM -- The crowd just started a "Detroit sucks!" chant.

8:25 PM -- Charlie just read a poem about how much he hates Detroit.

8:27 PM -- Show definitely has a different feel than last night. Instead of Charlie on stage by himself, he has an interviewer of sorts asking him questions.

8:30 PM -- During a question about his marriages, Charlie referred to Brooke Mueller as "kidnapper bitch."

8:33 PM -- Charlie took off his shirt after someone in the crowd yelled, "Get naked." He traded shirts with a guy from the crowd who was much larger than him. Oh, forgot to mention -- after last night's performance, no opening comic this time.

8:42 PM -- Nothing too exciting. Telling stories, including the one about the first time he smoked weed ... with Chris Penn in Malibu.

8:50 PM -- The show is in intermission. Much more structured than last night's. So far, no booing.

9:14 PM -- And we're back! Sheen's got a fresh cig and talking about a party he went to once with Mick Jagger and Eddie Van Halen.

9:20 PM -- Charlie says he owes Heidi Fleiss $2 million. He tells the interviewer he pays for sex because he has millions.

9:25 PM -- Charlie says he was supposed to be in "The Karate Kid," but his dad told him to do a lesser movie instead. "My dad has great advice."

9:30 PM -- How's this for an about face -- Charlie said he would go back to "Two and Half Men," but he did say the people who run it are blood suckers. But he called Jon Cryer a "rock star."

9:45 PM -- Charlie is now reading a letter from one of the goddesses.

9:52 PM -- And with that letter ... the show is over. All in all, a much better experience than last night.

SandraD

#FAILING

Despite changes he debuted in Chicago, anticipation for the show in other cities seems to be waning. Today, Entertainment Weekly reported that the resale value of tickets on sites like StubHub.com is dropping fast. Last week, tickets for Sheen's first New York City show were going for as much as $150. Today, they can be had for closer to $50.

Lagoon

RR,

"Besides....its just so much fun sometimes poking fun at people who take themselves and their entitlement so seriously.

Mocking and satire are sometimes the only power the underclasses, such as myself, have against the powerful and wealthy. I'm fairly new to these boards, but some of the comments here are downright hilarious. I get a good laugh here, sometimes, which is why I visit.

I do not own a TV or watch one. I've never seen Men or any of Charlie's movies. I come on here to see what is going on in popular culture. The funny thing is that I started watching Sheen's Corner and clips from interviews he gave and I wanted more. I wouldn't pay to see his live show, but if it was on the internet for free, I would watch it.

Charlie was born in wealth, has had great opportunity in his life and threw a good portion of it all away, as I see it. Of course, I want to see what he does next and how it goes. It is intriguing. Nevertheless, he needs to learn how to mingle respectfully with those he despises: the lower classes. For example, suggesting the entire city of Detroit is comprised of crackheads was not a good idea.

Keep laughing,

Lagoon

Autumn_in_Michigan

HardRock, Chaps -

On the subject of Snoop's Detroit appearance, I hear what you're saying (I think). I kinda think he dodged a bullet. But, actually Snoop live - in addition to the "Winning" Snoop collaboration DVD - WAS advertised on TV, radio, and elsewhere. Charlie can't hide behind saying his PR people got it wrong because he said it himself in various recorded media.

Of course, I guess he could blame it on being misinformed himself by some Troll in his tour production who has sense been beheaded for it. I guess as long as he has someone to blame he gets to dodge the "fraud" bullet. When it comes to blaming others, the creative Sheenius is very apparent. May be one of his greatest "talents".

I actually had a faint hope that the experience in Detroit would wake him up. Evidently, it did for a nanosecond anyway. He referred to the Detroit show as a "death sentence" and said that the effect upon him caused him to question the very nature of his soul. Seriously. He said that in an interview in Chicago. I'll see if I can find the link for you.

That's exactly the sort of therapeutic wake up call be needs right now - so - yeah I guess we did do something of an intervention on him - but it didn't stick very well for very long. Sure that Martin and the rest of the Sheen clan can relate.

He shook it off and said naw - Detroit Sucks - and the show must go on. Normally, I give kudos to people who pick themselves up and dust off and carry on. In this case, he really does need to STOP to do some serious introspection and to get some help.

Oh, well - he also said that "Aspen sucks" during the Q & A in Chicago when asked about things he evidently can't talk about right now due to "ongoing legal" stuff in Aspen. So, I guess we Motor City Barbarians are in classy company with those Aspen, CO Trolls, anyway :-).

jkerch

I think anybody that bought a ticket to see this guy no matter what city they live in is an idiot. I would rather take the money and use it as toilet paper than give that fricking moran money.

CLOSE THE DOOR

I guest he is really on the D list now.

theresa

You know what Detroit doesn"t suck. Charlie Sheen is the biggest loser around. The people in Detroit and the cities around work hard for their money and to have wasted it on his show and then for them to say we suck **** you Charlie Sheen. You took people hard earn money and wasted it on your crack whores and your crack talk. Oh how entertaining Charlie . How many people have done crack? Your and idiot!!

Chaps

RR

Its sad when you see people hating everyone around them - once they hate all their exes, bosses, its apparent were the problem lies.

However he has NPD and there is no talking him out of it - I reckon more tour failures might give him some therapy and with good luck he will crawl away and disappear!

Autumn_in_Michigan

RR,

Keep laughing,

Lagoon

Posted at 2:58 PM on Apr 4, 2011 by Lagoon

~~~~~~~~~~
Thanks for the encouragement - I will :-). Hope you do, too.

I believe that I understand where you're coming from - and especially agree with the respect part. Charlie truly has no concept of how the majority of people live in this world.

Chuck Lorre, for whatever his faults may be - does get it. That's why he is such a funny writer who can create such entertaining figures that so many people can relate to or love to hate or whatever. Lorre uses humor also in his own personal process. If you haven't read his vanity cards, you might want to. He has a website where they are posted that you could Google. His humor is generally sardonic and often dry/wry if you like that style. You might look for the "petition" vanity card if you do check it out.

Anyway, I do feel powerless in this situation - but for me the powerlessness is largely related to what's called the "therapist's dilemma". Its just so evident to any clinician watching right now what needs to happen - and QUICK - and so clear how much Charlie could benefit - not to mention his children, etc.

Its a bit frustrating to stand by and watch with tied hands. People talk about when he will derail - but I tend to agree with those who think he has long been off the rails and the public is simply getting a better look at that now uncut and unfiltered.

Heck, its just as clearly evident to a large segment of the population if you read any of the surveys/polls online and elsewhere. Here at TMZ there is a wonderful amount of insight into the nature of the problem. Every day that I visit I see numerous remarks that just nail it.

Chaps

Raymond,

Not to worry, Chuckles will be back before long, and you can get back to ass wiping him in person soon!

pat m

Thanks Hardrock (674 & 675). I could not have said it any better. You are 100% correct.

Lagoon

RR,

I don't know, suddenly I feel like yawning. I'm going to look up Lorre's website and the vanity cards. Later.

HardRock

RR, Chaps, Lagoon....thanks for your enjoyable posts.

There are two kinds of people in the world--the Sheen "warlocks" and the grown-ups...er.....I mean "trolls". If he sets the criterion, I'm proud to be a troll.

Lagoon

HardRock,

You're welcome. We're the trolls and Charlie believes he and his goddesses are the three billy goats gruff.

(I know he believes this, because he told me so.)

Dan

I just LOVE watching the sad, sorry downfall of an anti-Semite!

HardRock

Thanks, Pat M....

Thanks, Lagoon....

Trolls unite! LOL

Be back next live show... waiting to see if any other cities are called crackheads. LOL

Previous 15 Comments | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments