Pia & Mark -- A Wrestler Hooked Them Up!

4/10/2011 11:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Pia Toscano was the instigator of her burgeoning romance with Mark Ballas, and she used wrestling star Chris Jericho to help her score a date.

Chris Jericho Pia Toscano
As TMZ first reported, Pia and Mark went out on a date Friday night and it went real well ... so say our spies.

So here's how it went down.  Pia and Mark both shoot their respective shows  -- "American Idol" and "Dancing With the Stars" -- on the CBS Television City lot in L.A.

We're told Pia had her eye on Mark for several weeks, but needed an introduction.  So Pia -- who turns out is pretty resourceful -- has a friend who is friends with Jericho, a contestant on  "Dancing With the Stars,"  Pia gave her friend a piece of paper with her phone number on it, who then passed it along to Jericho, who then passed it on to Mark.

Mark, we're told, was more than receptive.   Even though he has an album coming out Tuesday -- he rescheduled a music video shoot so he could go on his big date on Friday.

Our peeps who are connected with both Mark and Pia say they both want an encore.

janet

Who are these people?

Truth

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!!! WHO CARESSSS. NEXT.

Sloane

if this is true
then guess she's decided to take advantage of her new "fame" and is attempting to "trade up" in the man department
sad really

in the end the finacee will be much better off without her -if he is loyal to her then he deserves someone who is also loyal to him

maybe there is a legit explanation to all of this
or maybe she just got caught!

MSG

The only problem with this post is that you fail to mention that Mark Ballas is gay. You know that Harvey, so why bother with this posting. They obviously had dinner together, but it was not a "date"

mick

better off without her? Look at her finance. I thought she is hot but don't tell me she doesn't loss alot of points with this guy.

Samuel Smithers

What are the chances they've had sex yet?

mick

I had a friend on dancing with the stars. He was told to act like him and his partner have something going on. Hold hands,kiss alot, create a buzz.

♥TMZ but ...

I am sure this is an agent arranged relationship all about image and $$$$$$

Muppet

That's a nasty thing to do to her fiance! I hope she informed him of her dinner date or this will be a slap in the face for him.
I was really hoping she would win AI. I thought she was better than this. I hope she's not fallen prey to Hollywierdness already or I think I'll be changing my opinion of her quickly.

Carl

She loves them Guidos I guess!

marge

Enough already on Pia....time to move on. She lost because she didn't get enough votes. She was BORING!!!!! She was pretty and had a good voice but that was it. She sure didn't waste any time getting out and about. Not exactly a great role model.

tippy katz

How come no one is mentioning her HUGE head????

mick

guidos? I heard her boyfriend/Finance is a hispanic.

Her crowed is going to be the ballad crowd, she will be singing with boccelli and ceceline dion. I guarentee her managers told her to break up with him because my friends sister is a well-known actresses who has been dating a hispanic guy since she was 13 now she is like 30/ they told her to dump him because he was an ugly hispanic and it would hurt her image. She refused and got dropped by her talent agent.

TXluvsMJ2

Maybe it was a business date and maybe she did inform her fiance about it. I tend to lean that way because she certainly wasn't camera shy when TMZ's photographer "busted" her.

Her fiance is rather handsome, maybe Mark is just showing her some dance moves. Who knows?

Steinberg

No freakin way, like OMG. Like Pia and Mark are totally together via Chris? OMFG!!! I can't believe it!!! OMGOMGOMGOMG

FURP!