« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Gay Basketball League -- We Want Kobe!!!

4/14/2011 10:52 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Kobe Bryant's presence has been requested at a gay and lesbian basketball league in L.A. -- where league officials want the Lakers star to PROVE his support for the LGBT community by showing up for a game.

0413_Lambda_Kobe_EX

TMZ spoke with a rep for the Lambda League -- who tells TMZ, "We have seen Kobe's apology and hope that it's sincere.  If he really wants to show us he means it he'll come to our next league game."

And get this -- Lambda reps tell us if Kobe takes them up on the offer ... they'll comp his tickets.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Jay

South Park oficially redefined "***" to reference load disturbing Harley Davidson Riders.

He shold go to Sturgis ND to make his apoligy.

ChillzReborn

"Give us publicity or be labeled prejudice!!"
*** That's exactly what it sounds like to me.

What is that?! Are you kidding me?! And yet you'll sit there shocked when people call you ***s and tell you's to burn in hell. Ugh!

Kobe... ignore these ***s keep killing it!

dd

@2,OOOOnooo u need a sex education class, when a man goes behind a woman there is another way in, and it's called change of positions...If ur a virgin don't comment on sexual matters.

tricia

Kobe doesn't owe them ANYTHING! I'm so sick of homosexuals thinking they 'deserve' things. Because they choose to take their clothes off for people of their own sex does not mean the rest of society should give them special recognition. They're men and women like everyone else. Nothing more and nobody on the NBA owes them their presence at a basketball game. Kobe, don't even think about bowing to this nonsense!

Ray

I mean, his words weren't even directed at any homos! This is almost as bad as the lesbian activist lady attacking the teenage boys in the commercial for describing a figurine as 'gay'. These people now 'choose' to be offended by these 'slang' terms. Do the homos now own these words and no one may use them as slang, lest they 'offend' the homo community? Give me a break.

khill05

Ok, I think this has gotten way out of hand. I am not homophobic in anyway, but don't want others lifestyles forced on me. I'm also not a big Kobe fan, but this is ridiculous. If he doesn't agree to go to their game, they are going to whine and complain about it. My question is, is the ref gay? If not then how the h*#l is it any of that groups concern.

Funny....when people have called me a b#&@h the ASPCA nor PETA have gotten involved.

I could go on, but I already know at least one person will have something hateful or negative to say because that's the great thing about this country...FREEDOM OF SPEECH!

Zoe

He's already been fined $100,000.00 now they want more. The PC world is out of control. No Kobe fan but this is insane.

David

Scary looking basket ball player!

KeiserSoze

So GAYE ***NOTS can suck him in to glorify themselves. This is an evil cult of gaye people. I will say it all day long ya fluckin gaye ***nots.

moe l.

Gay basketball? What's the basket and what balls do they use?

fujow

According to the Supreme court the crazy Westboro church can call dead marines *** but Coby gets fine 100k.

paigehop

The f*g community is as vengeful as they come. He he bends (over)and goes to that court of AIDs he's a complete dumb*ass! That group of people are out for more than your rights, people! Wake up and smell the, well, you know! My god!

Joe

See.. the only folks who get in a tizzy are the gays who wish to force us all to hold hands nude while doing jumping jacks.

The man apologized, let's move on. No use beating him up with a rainbow belt.

Chris Hays

He should go and referee a couple of games to see how hard it is.

Sam

Okay gay community, what he did was wrong, despicable and hateful. He feigned an apology and that is the best you can get. Don't push it or you will lose support. Let bygones be bygones. Don't try to play victim and milk this. Recognize when you've gotten all you can get.