« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

LeBron James Mom Sued by Valet in Slap Case

4/13/2011 1:00 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

LeBron James' mother has been sued for battery in her showdown with a Miami Beach parking valet ... TMZ has learned.

041311_rockefeller_gloria_ex3

Rockfeller Sorel claims in his lawsuit ... Gloria James had no right to strike him during the incident last week.

TMZ has obtained video of the incident, which shows Gloria striking Sorel, but only after he approaches and appears to touch her.

0712_lebron_footer

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Pimpcessa

Sorry, but that looked like he went after her (physically anyway) first. She looked like she was up in his face a little. But he clearly touched her first. Then, of course, she went ballistic on his azzzz.

Tea Party Mom

I hope ur ****ing heads explode with all this hate.
Posted at 10:40 AM on Apr 13, 2011 by Alex

You're silly.

Christine

Alex - Higher than us??!!! Drunk, slapping people, saying "you don't know who I am", and in prison is no where I've ever been. Yeah, real classy, much like your post. Oh boy, I wish I could be her. It would sure beat going to college to be a nurse like I am... that's so overrated...lolol...And the only racist hate I hear is from you, got to learn to chill out a little, really!

wickedkarma

She should definitely counter-sue, and not only that, she needs to press charges ASAP, as he is clearly the one who initiated physical contact. In addition, she needs to also claim 'sexual assault' as he physically assaulted her breasts in particular. This guy knew exactly who she is, and he thought he was smart enough to cash in on it! FOOL! cameras are EVERYWHERE!

Chun LI

The slap heard around the world.

Mel

Sue based on what? You can't prove bruised ego. There's no medical record for that. What's his foundation? "I'm embarrassed a woman slapped me because I clearly knew she was drunk but didn't cease to fall prey to her instigation"? "She got so close to me her breath melted my eyebrows"? "I don't do my job--dealing with the public--well so I want a free ride because she's Lebron James' mom"?

This is ridiculous and should be tossed out post haste!

Magie

ATTACKING THIS DUDE WHO HAS ALREADY BEEN VICTIMIZED BY THIS DRUNK IS DISGUSTING!!! Since when is it ok to slap someone and call them a fckn niggr?? Shes a low life who needs to learn some manners and finally be held responsible for her drunken behavior!! i bet the hotel released the video.. it coincidentlly starts at the moment he is defending himself and it is the only angle that blocks the full view of what she did to this guy! i know this hotel and it has several video cameras. After the police talked with everyone and reviewed all the evidence, SHE WAS ARRESTED!! No comment from gloria james or her camp yet, why do you think ?? they know they are gonna be payin up BIG TIME but they wanna wait until this dies down.

Jack Hoff

Watching the video you see her approach the valet and bump him and gets "all in his face", then you see him bump her back to get off of him, then you see her grab his arm and slap him and he throws her to the ground. End of story she is the aggressor and deserves to be punished.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2