« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Kobe Bryant

Homophobic Slur

During NBA Game?

4/13/2011 10:34 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Kobe Bryant appeared to hurl a homophobic slur towards an NBA referee during a Los Angeles Lakers basketball game last night ... and it was all caught on tape.
041311_kobe_foul_still

It happened during the 3rd quarter after Kobe got hit with a technical foul. The NBA star -- clearly upset -- screams for the ref (Bennie Adams) and appears to mouth the words, "F**king f**got."

One of the announcers then comments, "You might wanna take the cameras off of him right now, for the children watching."

UPDATE: A rep for the team tells us, "The Lakers can not confirm that is what Kobe said or not."

Story developing ...

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

James

LMAO tell em Kobe

JonCav

****ing ***got? if thats no big deal then how bout this? ****ING ******!

nikita

I'm SICK AND TIRED of people trashing people who don't like Gay's! Just because Gays chose to be Gay can't force people who don't agree with it to accept it! I think it's just as wrong as people that don't like Gays and slam them! They shoulding do it either......... what if it was a female refree and he said f***ing B*tch???????? are we going to make a big stink out of it?????????

Give me a break........... let people be, both gay or not gay......... we ALL have our rights to our beliefs and feelings!!!!!!!!!

Randy

Nothing will come of this because Kobe is the team.He fills seats, moves merchandise, increases TV ratings, thus making millions for all the people connected to those things, therefore nothing will be made. Plus, he's got the old fallback, the race card.He can just as easily say that the ref made a racial slur, then the attention will be transferred to that, making Kobe's homophobic slur non-inportant.Too easy.

Joel

They know exactly what that worthless mother ****er said!! **** you Kobe.

squeakermama

What? Is this something that is shocking? Fire up your NBA channel and you'll find that this is really nothing special.

grannyj

Let's get back to the important stuff. So what if Kobe said something inappropriate??? I mean, my god, he's been forgiven for much worse. Let's focus on the San Antonio Spurs who's focus is community support and action. Who really gives a damn about "Stars" in the NBA when excellent people like retired NBA star David Robinson or NBA star Tim Duncan care about the literacy rate of their community????? I am really scarred for my country.

MAXny

I'm a gay man, it doesn't bother me at all. Get over it people.

Armyuv1

Haha. Gay people are funny. Because you were made a SLAVE and the color of your SKIN, something you CAN'T help, you should be sensitive of gays!! You have to be the most singly retarded gay person ever, to equate the civil rights movement to human butt plugs. Its not a disease, or a skin color, or a caste, its a friggin lifestyle choice. Get OVER YOURSELVES.

blrenz

Very funny you go Kobe !!

J

Who truly gives a f*ck? I mean really we all say words like that when we are upset...If it were something racist then I could see why people are upset. But Im pretty sure he did not mean it to offend anyone. HE WAS UPSET PEOPLE! Geeeeze! I say f*ggot all the time, doesn't mean I hate gay people at all...its a general term that is used by everyone.

Lori

Looks to me like he said Mother F*cker. Way to try to lip read and ASSume something idiots.

vindog

Who cares, and if you want to get litteral, a *** is a cigerette, and the word came from people who smoked, and were perceived as gay, not actually gay. Go figure.
BTW Go "For Unlawful Carnal Knowledge" yourself. I just dropped a litteral F Bomb and no one else cares. Quit being so damn sensitive Harvey, you non *** smoking, gay man. LOL

Liss

Who the hell cares? Oversensitive pansies?

MIDNIGHT TOKER