Mario Batali -- Don't Blame ME For Killing The Soaps!

4/15/2011 2:20 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Super chef Mario Batali -- who's starring in one of the shows replacing "All My Children" and "One Life to Live" -- has a serious reality check for soap-heads ... IT'S OVER!!!041511_mario_batali_still

Batali was on his way out of Spago yesterday -- when he dished out some straight talk to our soap-obsessed photog yesterday ... and then added, "I certainly don't want anyone out of a job ... I love everybody that works in the industry."

Adieu.

Mary Lou

sorry Mr. Batali, but I don't watch cooking shows now, and I wouldn't watch anything that replaced All My Children, so ABC has lost me for that hour, and for every other hour as well. These soaps have been on for more than 40 years. Do you think you'll have that kind of longevity? ABC is filling their time slots with shows that are less expensive to produce, Well, that won't really matter if they lose viewers - lots of viewers. Big mistake!

Sondra

Come on Mr. Levin. Man up about fan protests, twitter protests, boycotting of Abc and sponsors. Protests outside studios. Emails, phone calls and snail mails to sponsors. We need all the help we can get to make our voices heard. Please help us. Frons can't cancel you.

Sajoba

He offends me. I wouldn't watch his show even if it wasn't replacing my beloved soaps. ABC has no idea.....seriously off the mark.

MNCC1

ITS NOT THAT WE STOPPED WATCHING THE SOAPS.. MOST PEOPLE WORK DURING THE DAY AND RECORD ALL THE SOAPS AND WATCH THEM AFTER WORK. RATINGS ARE EVERYTHIGN WELL GOOD LUCK GETTING THE FAN BASE THAT AMC AND OLTL HAS. ABC SHOULD REALLY RECONSIDER THIS HORRIBLE CHANGE!!

april

I AM SO PISSED AT THIS I AM A FAN OF ONE LIFE TO LIVE I GREW UP WATCHING IT ... I WILL NOT BE WATCHING THE 2 NEW SHOWS OPRAH OFF ABC TO ABC GOTS TO BE CRAZY !!!!!!! ALL THESE YEARS THEY CAN KISS MY WHOLE ASS!!!!!!

Harveys boyfriend

This guy isn't missin
to many meals,is he

You know what they say
never trust a skinny chef

or LINDSAY LOHAN

Harveys boyfriend

Mario Batali -- Don't Blame ME For Killing The Soaps!
"blame me for killing my colon and my arteries"

Batali is hosting a new daytime talk show called, "The Chew" ... which will follow "The View." right before Dina Lohan's new show " The Sue"...

Nancy DeSisto

Mario Batali is ON while AMC & OLTL are cancelled. Then he is foolish enough to make a joke of it? This show will fail as it SHOULD. "The Chew""? Seriously?! Worst title ever. I will NOT EVER watch this show and no soap fans will. ABC you deserve the fallout that is just beginning to hit your network. Worst decision making I've ever witnessed by any network. Brian Frons you are a fool.

American Mom

If everyone refused to fill the time slots that the soaps were on, ABC might consider putting them back on. Since you are going to be an active part of distroying American history by doing a show on slapping food together, you are to blame.

Chris

Really? This is who I get to look at for an hour instead of Todd Manning or Ryan Avery? And I have to watch him EAT? No Way. There are 24 hours, 7 days a week food shows on the Food Network. I'm not watching you on ABC. Yeah, it's just a job to you, but not for long. Better stark looking at that contingency plan...

JeanetteRae3

OK I'm not going to insult this Mario guy cuz honestly I have never heard of him until they cancelled AMC and OLTL however I'm not the slightest bit interested in another cooking or reality show. These shows have a very large following; the rating system is archaic and needs to advance in technology. Most viewers like me that work two jobs DVR and watch the shows in their free time. I also watched online and Soapnet from time to time. Quit drinking the Kool-Aid ABC is selling. Take a look at our fan base on FB and you will see the actual numbers growing everyday and that does not even include the large sector of viewers that do not have internet or FB accounts. Many people still do not even know they have been cancelled but the word is spreading. If these shows remain cancelled I will boycott both ABC and Disney forever. This will not be hard because it’s not like the old days when you were stuck for 4 or 5 channels.

rather watch dirt!

i would not blame a guy for taking a job! he looks and sounds like he couldnt get one else where. BUT I would NOT want to watch this guy. and for him to put down the viewers that would possibly be his viewers isnt very smart!!!
I would NOT want him cooking for me!!!! EEEEWWWWWWWW
IF ABC had all these loyal viewers for soaps what would make them think another cooking show or talk show amung the hundreds that are already on was a good idea!!!

Mims

Way to win yourself new fans, Battali. Fat arrogant moron! Lose 50 pounds and take a shower once in awhile.

Mims

I'll bet his underwear has skidmarks.

MIMS

I'd rather be a soaphead than a s**thead like Battali.