Mario Batali -- Don't Blame ME For Killing The Soaps!

4/15/2011 2:20 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Super chef Mario Batali -- who's starring in one of the shows replacing "All My Children" and "One Life to Live" -- has a serious reality check for soap-heads ... IT'S OVER!!!041511_mario_batali_still

Batali was on his way out of Spago yesterday -- when he dished out some straight talk to our soap-obsessed photog yesterday ... and then added, "I certainly don't want anyone out of a job ... I love everybody that works in the industry."

Batali is hosting a new daytime talk show called, "The Chew" ... which will follow "The View."

Adieu.

jackie

Who needs another talk show garbage!!!! we hear the same lame stories!!!!! no one cares what the american public wants to watch!!! This is the very reason these stations are rated so low. Now no one is going to watch them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LC

You cancelled soaps for a guy who can't run his restaurants right and was no longer wanted on Iron Chef. Won't ever go to any of his establishments, won't ever use anything he endorses and won't watch his show. He should also get lessons in compassion for all the people that are now out of work. Jerk.

katdvs

If I wanted to ever watch Mario Batali I would find him on the food network. I don't need him taking away the amazing storytelling I get to see when I watch One Life to Live. He's an idiot, he sure helped give Frons a reason to kill the soaps. Karma is a bitch, and soap fans are the most loyal fans anyone will ever have, when they get wronged...they fight back.

Diane

To whom it may concern,

I have been watching my soaps for 36 years now. I will NEVER EVER EVER EVER watch your new show Chew, or any show that has replaced my soap opera.
But for sure, I will not be watching CHEW, either will any of my friends, and Millions of soap fans. And we WILL BOYCOTT YOU !

P_Cee

It's pretty crappy that Batali laughed about people missing their soaps. Public relations must not be his strong suit.

Clone Wars

I can think of a half-dozen better chefs that I'd rather watch on free TV. For me, this dude's not even on the radar.

How about Simply Ming? That guy rocks it.

feliciarox

Yeah, no one is gonna watch your show tubby. Seriously? More crappy food and weight loss shows? How many are already out there? I cannot WAIT to see these two shows fail, and Brian Frons fired! He needs to lose his job along with everyone else!

jml

All the fans of AMC & OLTL do blame you for the shows being cancelled no one wants another cooking & weight loss show on ABC. All of viewers are going to boycott this because of this change by Brian Frons

JSpearman4

The only thing that is over is that thing they call a show called The Chew. Its over before your first show airs!

Dee

Looking at you I am not going to be impressed with a cooking show with you as a host. Why don't you try the BIGGEST LOSER!

KL

I have no intention of watching the Chew or any other talk-type show. Our country should be alarmed at how the artists are disappearing: actors, real musicians, storytellers, painters, writers - and being replaced by manufactured ones. There goes the reflection of what is happening in the world, our history. These new shows don't make you feel or learn anything important. It's all about the money. Evil and Disappointing!!!!

Lucy

I will not be watching this trash on ABC! If I wanted to watch a cooking show I turn on Food Network not ABC!

The shows would bring in the ratings IF they had decent writers and a good budget! Anne Sweeny and Brian Frons can rot in hell!

Melissa

Well I do blame him and no one is going to watch his new show.

Chris

I wasn't going to watch his show anyway. But if I had decided to give it a chance his comments have totally turned me off and I will not be watching him or his stupid show. If he wanted people to give the show a chance he has gone about it in the wrong way. You don't piss off the people and expect them to want to tune into your show. Not a smart move Mario.

fifi

He is such a greasy fat f**k. Gross. OLTL forever!!