Nic Cage

Arrested

for Domestic Abuse

4/16/2011 12:30 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ has learned Nic Cage was arrested early Saturday morning in New Orleans for domestic abuse.

0416-nic-cage-mug-ex
According to official records, he was arrested for one count of domestic abuse and one count of disturbing the peace.

Cage was held on $11,000 bond and eventually released.

Cage is in town filming a movie called "Medallion," where he was spotted on set yesterday.

Sin D

This is bogus. Not a mug shot. Nicks's on the toilet.

Amy

another Hollywood loser..Why can't these folks just appreciate all they have without going off the deep end and thinking they are above the law?..Always liked him in films but now,like Mel,he will never be viewed the same way.

bubba

We were in N.O. at a very nice restraunt, month ago when Nick did the same sort of thing. He kept sending very expensive bottles of wine back. He got up without compensating the bar and tried to depart. Funny thing, glass in the bar door broke. Nick makes it outside, cops called - many sets of blue lights in the street.

NOPD offers to take Nick home and away they go.

Dimitios

I've met Nicolas Cage and he's a good person, didn't seem like an ******* as a few of you mentioned on here. We shall wait n see what the story unfolds.

Adam

Better say goodbye to any firearms, bows or pocket knives Nick.....not to mention your money, house, and children....even it was just a verbal threat. I know from firsthand experience. Women rule the world or at least in the US they do....I learned my lesson. For now on when a woman just looks mad, I tuck my tail in and run away....it's all you can do.

Daniel

bitch probably lied about him.

Val

He should have first been arrested for being a bad actor, then for bein butt ugly, then for domestic abuse. But if he was arrested for the first two and doing time, he wouldn't have been home to cause the abuse.

チンカス

あーあ

patardugno

I'm not real convinced yet that the "domestic abuse" was Nic's fault alone. This is the 1st that I have heard of anything like this about him, & he usually seems pretty much level headed & calm. He may have been reacting to constant harassment & aggrevation from his spouce/partner, whatever. I don't even know if he's married or what, because we have never heard anything like this before about Nic. Doesn't it seem strange that they are not showing any photos of his abused partner or giving any details of any injuries?! The fact that he was also charged with Disturbing the Peace suggests that he was outside in the yard or some other public area yelling & cursing, which is why attention was drawn & Police were called to the situation. And, Nic is a big guy, he had to walk out of the house himself, probably to create distance between himself & his parner who is claiming abuse, or was she able to shove him out the door? Do you see my points about why I am not convinced that he really was "abusing" someone. Let's see what actual evidence, if any, eventually is shown as the result of abuse. Police are not usually helpful in Domestic Disputes, they show up to stir the pot & get things aggitated more.

walt

Innocent until proven guilty, isn't that what or judicial system says ? I have learned that our judicial system is bull#*%$@ . I went through something like this. I was going through some tough times with my marriage and she picked the perfect time to do me in. I was arrested, locked up, humiliated, had my mother bail me out a week after my father had passed away, and it would have been there 47th wedding anniversary. All she had to say is that I DID SOMETHING TO HER, AND THEY WERE THERE. I didn't do a thing. I was put in the local paper as being a strangler and just shy of murder. Thank GOD in the end the prosecutor saw she was full of sh#$ and was on anti-depressants, not taking her med's,and took a statement from her that she rubbed her own neck to make it red. NO BACK UP STORY THERE from the papers on my case though. The media sucks too. I hope he didn't do it, but it should be looked into carefully without people crucifying him before finding out the truth.

dlong

I dont care, I still love Nic Cage and I will always support his movie career. He is a great actor.

The Sad Penguin

He needs Jesus. Actors prove money can not give you PEACE. Jesus can! Pray for it! If you have peace THEN you will be happy...don't seek happiness seek Peace.

elizabeth capstick

This is what happens when an average guy makes lots of money, they think they do not have to play by the general rules.

Jane

I've seen a lot females play a big role in this sh**. Don't get me wrong, if he did it all, then it's wrong, but what did SHE do?

JP

NIC YOU ARE A VERY STUPID MAN. GET A LIFE. GET A GRIP. YOU DISAPOINT US THE MOVIE LOVERS.