'Gotti' Movie Takes a Hit -- New Director Wanted

4/18/2011 3:50 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

John Travolta is looking for someone to call the shots on his new Gotti biopic because director Nick Cassavetes is no longer on board.

0418_nick_cassavetes_travolta_getty_bn_2

According to sources close to the production of "Gotti: Three Generations" ... Executive Producer Marc Fiore released Cassavetes because of scheduling conflicts with another film he was shooting.

We're told the hunt has already begun for a new director.

Filming on 'Gotti' is scheduled to begin in the Fall.

hahahha

Maybe stuttering john can be producer/director

paigehop

Every time I see Travolta now, I envision him in the bath house getting the royal "treatment"! Ugh!

Superman

BS! I think he realized this film is going to stink to high heaven. BTW, IMDb says 'Yellow' is in "post-production". So, where is the conflict when this crap movie isn't going to start shooting until the Fall?

Edwood

Maybe *****less Cage can direct it.

dreamon

Scheduling conflicts is a polite way of saying "I don't like where this is going. I'm out."

Joe Blow

Like most other realistic people here, I'm guessing it something to do with every director's nightmare, Loser Lohan, possibly being involved in this film. Go on Nicole Enabler, please argue that your darling daughter isn't a friggin' terror to deal with on set.

Jay

Amber 42 minutes ag: Seriously? Gotti: Three Generations? That's the best title they could come up with? That doesn't give me much hope for the quality of the script...
____________________________________________________________

I agree the title sucks but hopefully thats just the working title and not the final, it can be changed.

The fact that Lindsay Lohan is in it is what doenst give me much hope.

HarryPalms

Must Scientologize

suza271

@FUTMZ--LOL, exactly what I was thinking.

Also, where in the frack are all the Lindsay stories today?? You'd think TMZ would be lining them up so they could get all the hits they can. I guess she's still hung over from Coachella to call TMZ with a story to sell.

suza271

Speaking of Lindsay, anybody read the Radar online article that Lindsay is trying to get out of her court date and jail by claiming she can't go because it's Good Friday???

Are you kidding??? She's known about the hearing for weeks.

And, more importantly, I was SO looking forward to watching the hearing. I can't wait till next month!!

Carl

This seems like one of those movies that sounds like a good idea in the planning stages, but in reality not many people will actually go see in the theaters.

Iceman

The REAL reason he's not doing this movie is because he was taking to long to get Lindsay on board. NOW things should quickly come to a close and LL will be signed!

dd

Lohan is bad luck.

Crystalcube3

Hi Harvey,

Do you think that the Gotti movie will be made?

who dat

Travolta hasn't been in a good movie in 18 years. This one is sure to bomb.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments