Nic Cage's Cabbie -- I Didn't Blow The Whistle!!!

4/18/2011 3:20 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

The cabbie who attempted to drive Nic Cage away from the scene of an alleged domestic violence incident this weekend is adamant he DID NOT call the cops on the actor and swears he never saw Cage commit any kind of abuse.041811_nic_cage_cabbie_npg_still

One day after the incident, cabbie David Chryssovergis went back to the spot where Cage was arrested and gave a photog his account of the incident.

Chryssovergis says the drama began when Cage banged on his window and demanded to be whisked away from the area stat ... but two cops happened to be in the area and flashed their lights -- instructing Cage to get out of the cab.

Chryssovergis insists he DID NOT call police -- and says he, "never saw Nic hit his wife whatsoever."

Chryssovergis also wouldn't say if Cage was drunk that night ... but confessed, "It was a Friday night in New Orleans ... I think we all have a few drinks on Friday night."

Perky

I don't think anyone really gives a bowel movement whether Cage hit his wife, or she hit him, or how many drinks she had, or how many he had.

HM

Maybe his Korean wife is looking for a divorce. Korean women are the worse

Majestik

LOL, Bingo. I knew this was coming!!

TT

Sarah Palin to Obama - You Ignored Us In 2010, But You Cannot Ignore Us In 2012!

PhilipMarkum

Definitely he needs to dump Alice - she's big trouble - I know from a very good friend who is also friends with Nic and she's the one who has bankrupted him. Everyone warned him and he did not listen. He needs to dump her and move on to get back on the path of freedom and success.

tgrfan42069

i blew the whistle nick cage..u mad?

HarryPalms

"I didn't blow the whistle"... "never saw Nic hit his wife whatsoever"... Am I right Mr. Nicholas Cage Attorney?

Carl

Him, as a cabbie working on a Friday, saying "we all have a few drinks on Friday night" is kind of disturbing.

100% nawlins

THESE STARS THINK THEY CAN JUST GO TO NEW ORLEANS AND ACT A FOOL, AND NOTHING WILL BE SAY ABOUT IT. THEY THINK TWICE CAUSE THE NOPD DON'T PLAY, THEY DONT CARE WHO YOU ARE OR HOW MANY MONEY YOU HAVE. YOU DO THE CRIME YOU WILL DO THE TIME...SO I DON'T FEEL SORRY FOR HIM AND ANY OTHER CELEBRATE COMES TO VISIT...THEY NEED TO ASK THE SAME AS IF THO THEY WERE AT HOME....HAVE SOME RESPECT FOR YOUR SELF AND OTHERS.......100% NEW ORLEANS CHICK...

Crystalcube3

Harvey,

I know that Nickolas Cage has been having various problems for quite some time, but it appears that he may be on the down. Do you think that he can pull himself together?

CacaPooPoo

Remind me never to take a cab in New Orleans. I can throw back a few bottles of booze and drive myself around.. don't need some liquored up cabbie to do it for me.