Kara DioGuardi -- I Was Molested and Date Raped

4/19/2011 2:30 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Former "American Idol" judge Kara DioGuardi has dropped two major bombshells -- revealing she was molested as an 11-year-old ... and by the time she was 30, she had been date raped by a "fairly known" music producer.

0419_kara_dioguardi_tmz_bn

Kara makes the statements in her new book, "A Helluva High Note" -- in which she claims the person responsible for the alleged childhood molestation was the teenaged son of a family friend.

Kara writes, "He took me into the back shed of his house and put his hands all over my breasts and vagina. I remember freezing and not knowing what to do."

As for the alleged date rape back in 2000, Kara claims a music producer did the deed -- and explains how it all started with an innocent dinner ... but "within a few hours, he was on top of me, pumping, sweating, and speaking to me in Spanish, not a word of which I could understand."

In the book, Kara does not reveal the name of the music producer.

yaya

First.

Lord Rivas

So is she full of it and trying to get publicity or is she a s***bag who would let this guy rape other women trying to make it.

3Storms

Why do has-beens always come out with this every time they become has-beens?

Majestik

How many music producers speak spanish, can they narrow it down?

Jay

if she really was speaking the truth, she'd name names....not hide them or protect them. If it's true, these vermin need to be put on blast. but instead, she took the cowardly way out just to sell books.

Ted

Kara DioGuardi -- I Was Molested and Date Raped...Me too. What is the point?

dlvanerem

That doesn't excuse her for being a b!tch:)

CarolynAB

Shocking, but as I'm pretty sure the statute of limitations has expired, and it appears no police report was ever filed, she can't expect any justice.

Denise Johnson

I was molested for 9 years and a an amazing daughter from a date rape. It is not her fault and it takes guts to say it in public and it takes a lot more guts to say the abusers name for the world to see it. I have had 6 years of therapy. She may not have been at that sage in her healing yet. I wish I have the fame to help this cause! Good for her!!!

Mike

Those 15 minutes of fame are fading I guess...got to drop a bomb.

Christina G.

I doubt the publisher would agree to print the perp's name even if the author wanted them to. That kind of thing is impossible to prove and would leave the publisher vulnerable to lawsuits.

stargazer

It's horrible if this actually happened to her, but you kind of have to wonder if it really did. I mean, she's out of the limelight now and what better way to get back in it, by writing a book claiming that you were molested & date raped. Without that in the book, who would be interested in even reading it? Also, if she was genuinely date raped, she needs to out the guy, even if the statue of limitations is up. Claiming to be date raped, but protecting the person who supposedly did it is kind of a slap in the face to all of us who it actually happened to. Wouldn't you want others to know about this guy? By not naming him, all she is doing is making it possible for him to continue doing the same thing to other girls. Shame on you Kara, for not naming him, if you were actually date raped! It's been my experience that people who are lying about it never want to name the person who did it, since they don't exist.

Kartrashian Klown

Wow, that is sad. I was molested too (I'm female) as a child by a neighbor kid inside a shed too. How come she never reported the date rape to authorities? The producer probably has done it many more times.

Steven Escobar

Poor Kara,former American Idol, by the way this was reported earlier by US Magazine and reposted on Diversity News Magazine @ http://diversitynewspublications.com/2011/04/former-american-idol-kara-dioguardi-molested-raped-music-by-producer/

Superman

She's just a famewhore looking for another fix and some cash infusion. If you can't name the people, then it didn't happen. Most states don't have a statute of limitations on rape. So, go ahead report him to the police! Oh, that's right...this is all just a publicity stunt for money, fame, and sympathy!!!

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments