'Terminator' Creator: Cell Phones Are The New Skynet

4/19/2011 6:03 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Today is THE DAY that doomed all of humanity ... because according to "Terminator 2," April 19, 2011 ... at 8:11 PM ... Skynet became self aware, starting a chain of events that led to a war between man and machine.

0419_james_cameron_terminator_Getty

TMZ spoke to the man who CREATED the terminator, James Cameron ... and to commemorate the fact that we're all still alive, he gave us the following statement:

"Kyle Reese said in the first film that it was only 'one possible future.'  Clearly, not the one we're in.  Maybe Kyle, Sarah, John and the T-800 changed things enough to steer us away from that possible future."

Cameron adds, "Now instead of nuclear war and the machines taking over, we need to worry about global climate change.  And the machines taking over.  With everybody going through their lives bent over their Blackberries all day long, you could even argue the machines have already won."

We, for one, welcome our new mechanical overlords.

LAUGHS AT YOU

HAHAHAHA

Some guy makes a string of movies and envisions himself a prophet. Does not get any better than this. Just when the world can't get any loonier.

HAHAHAHA

Ken Hudnall

This would seem to be sort of a self fulfilling prophecy. We talk about a lot of these topics on the ken Hudnall Show - http://www.kenhudnall.com.

LittleD

It was the TV show that said this date. Not the movie. The movie say 2:14 a.m. Eastern time, August 29th 1997.

mgoblue

boom!

Superman

Supposedly, 1 out 2 Americans will have a smartphone by the end of this year. Sorry, I don't believe that this many people want to pay $30 to $40 in web access fees in addition to their cell phone service. They need to start dropping their fees!!

CCC

I don't own a portable phone or a laptop, I just have a simple mac10 computer that I play on. Am I safe from these robots, or should I just bury my head in the sand and hope for the best?

laughatjimmyCOM

HOLY ****, my wife's vibrator just took my finger off... IT HAS BEGUN!

Tyler

desperate for new stories, TMZ?

sean

Hello skynet,
Do you copy ?

John connor
"If you are listening to my voice,YOU are the resistance"

Johnny O

7:00pm- at bar to pick the nearest slut.

7:15- tell her the world is ending in 1hr.

7:45- back to my place for some bedroom fun.

7:55- asleep. LOL damm i'm going to miss the end of the world, oh well she can deal with that!

Bubba Ganoosh

Come with me if you want to live.

Ball`s has no Ball`s

That`s funny i just turned that movie on.Netflix rules!

Madt

In Terminator 2, Judgement Day was supposed to me August 29th 1997. For a company that watches the media and celebrities, you have awful fact checkers.

Cartman

Cameron is such a tool.

Didn't he get the memo about "climate change" being complete political BS?

Flying Blind

a guy makes a standard love story movie with blue people. A bunch of idiots goes and sees it, now he's the expert.

please ............