Lindsay Lohan -- Back On 'Gotti' Flick

4/20/2011 6:30 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ has learned ... Lindsay Lohan WILL in fact be in the upcoming "Gotti: Three Generations" after she was previously dropped from the film -- and she hustled to get her spot back ... ALL BY HERSELF.

0420_lindsay_lohan_EX2

Executive Producer Marc Fiore tells us, Lindsay is no longer going to play Victoria Gotti ... but instead will take on the role of John Gotti Jr.'s daughter-in-law Kim -- the role once considered for Kim Kardashian.

The turn of events comes hours after Fiore pulled the plug on Lindsay over disagreements with her management -- but we're told Lindsay REALLY wants to be in the film ... and personally patched things up with the producer when she heard her people were being difficult.

We're told Lindsay also agreed to act in ANOTHER upcoming Fiore film called "Mob Street."

Alex D

@DANIELLE: I agree with your statement. BUT the dumb son-of-a-bitch put her in the film anyway. I am not seeing this film, I will boycott the local theater, a friend of mine owns it and I will tell him to refuse a copy of this damn thing. EVERYONE HELP US

Jeanie

OH MAN...HERE'S A REASON THAT PEOPLE SHOULD AVOID DRUGS...

*TAKE A LOOK AT THIS SHOCKING BEFORE & AFTER PIC OF Lilo:

Alex D

@Chaz. oh people we have someone in the room who loves LILO, LISTEN CHAZ the only reason that its a media circus as you call it is because her and her damn mother have been leaking **** to the media for months. This dumb whore needs to have a clean glass or reality check. SHE IS A FRAUD

Hecate

I heard she is now going to play the Gotti's dog, the biggest bitch in the movie, perfect type casting!

Tim

Why? Did all of the other women move out of town. I will not pay one cent to see this movie, what a dumb move by the film maker!

jeebus

HOLY CRAP That is a bad BAD pic!!! Where the heck did you find that Jeanie?!

Cherie

@ Jeanie

WoW...

The after pic is HORRIFIC!!!! LieHo looks like she's about 50 in that pic!!!

Danielle

LOS ANGELES — Lindsay Lohan is joining the big screen Gotti family as the wife of John Gotti Jr. in a biopic of one of New York's most infamous families.

She called her casting in "Gotti: Three Generations" a huge honor and told The Associated Press on Wednesday that the film is an opportunity to prove herself as an actress again.

"I'm really excited to be back on set and clear up all the misinterpretations about me and show this is what I love to do," Lohan said.

John Travolta has been cast to play John Gotti Sr., the mob family's patriarch who had a flair for style and a knack for avoiding convictions that earned him the name "Teflon Don." Pesci will play one of his deputies.

The younger Gotti has insisted he left the mob life in the 1990s, but has been unsuccessfully tried four times on racketeering charges.

He sold the rights to his life story to Fiore Films, which is developing the film focusing on Junior Gotti's relationship with his father. It will be shot in New York and is set for a 2012 release.

"I think it's such an iconic story," Lohan told the AP. "I think it's a great story to be told. I'm honored to be working with John Travolta and Joe Pesci."

Lohan's role as Kim Gotti has parallels to her own life, she said.

"You don't get to see the heart behind the story and the real side of people," she said of most mob movies, which she said veer toward shoot-'em-up fare. "I can relate to that because I think that I've been portrayed in a certain light. I just want to do my best to show what their family really went through."

Like the Gotti family, Lohan is no stranger to criminal troubles. She faces a felony grand theft case in Los Angeles after a jewelry store accused her of stealing a $2,500 necklace, and is due in court for a hearing on Friday.

She has rejected two plea deals in that case with guaranteed jail time, and could be incarcerated for violating her probation on a 2007 drunken driving case.

She said her legal troubles won't be a distraction.

"I think in the past, I had a lot of distractions," she said. "I've learned a lot. I've lived a lot. When I'm on set, it's about the film."

Jeanie

@ Chaz

lol...

F*CK YOU PUNK.

Melina

Wow they chose Lindsay over the director...do you think it''s a coincidence that Lindsay is in and the director's out? She must have a pretty powerful fire***tch.

Jeanie

LOL...

Chaz...AKA TROLL

Sarah

This vile woman was never a good actress she was ok as a teenager but thats it. Nobody wants to see in movies again, she is a hasbeen, when was her last hit movie? oh yeah over 5yrs ago. Her career is done in Hollywood, her image is wayy to damage to ever make a comeback. This movie will definately flop like all the others shes been in. The director or who ever even considered her is a idiot, Kim would of even been better, yes shes a no talent skank but at least shes reliable and will not turn up on the set drunk or high, that will be $75m wasted.

Brian B.

I bet Lielo isn't being offered much money for her part in this flop...I bet she'll make just enuf cash to cover the cost of the frigan necklace she ripped off!!

LOL!!

troy

The only movie I have wanted to see and now it is going to BOMB. Cant she just fade away like all nightmares.

Jim

Bravo, Lindsay! Firing your management (they sound like a horse's hind end) is the smartest thing I have heard about you in a long time. Good luck!