« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Los Angeles Dodgers TAKEN OVER By MLB

4/20/2011 6:17 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Major League Baseball has launched an open investigation into the finances and policies of the Los Angeles Dodgers ... and a rep for the MLB tells TMZ the league is "looking into the possibility of replacing the owner."

LA Dodgers New Owner

MLB commissioner Bud Selig announced he will appoint a representative to oversee the "business and the day-to-day operations of the Club."

Selig claims he made the move "because of my deep concerns regarding the finances and operations of the Dodgers."

The bombshell comes in the wake of a report that Frank McCourt arranged a $30 million loan from FOX -- the team's television partner.

0420_dodgers_fans_footer

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

efnsteve

chick about a minute ago

I'm a Yankee fan in LA, and let me tell yall Dodgers fans are the full of THUGS 4 realz!! LOL

I was smacked from behind of my head by fist by young Latino in downtown LA when I wearing Yankee hat on and am still traumatized.

Dodgers fans are the most dangerous of them all I must say, because their team SUCKS big time, eh?

Yankees fans may not b the nicest baseball fans either, but
at least we never put anyone in comma in the Yankees parking lot!

SHAME ON DODGERS!!! I MEAN IT!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I see that the New York school system has failed you miserably.

NDNchief

Hey CHICK you did that slap in the head cause you to get more dumb or were you born that way. Sleep through English class much? Not too much or much too much?

chick

ok i got C on English 101 class, are you happy??

Zilla

Chick - you're absolutely right. New Yorkers have much more class. They'll never jump anyone in the parking lot, instead they'll stab you in the head with a pencil for lighting a smoke.

traumatized = sheltered WUSS

stonermoog

GOOD. the mccourts are the worst thing to happen to los angeles in a LONG time. can't wait to see them chased out of town. they should BOTH be prosecuted. s***bags.

chick

I had no idea that there is a # 3 train exist.
I moved from Manhattan to LA like 15 months ago,
so it should be new.

on the downtown 3 express train

john johnson

this is all on the the shoulders of the fighting mccourts as well as a jackass otherwise named bud selig. take a better look at the operations of EVERY team in major league baseball. poor don mattingly, he don't deserve this.

NAC

Reminds LA fans of the days of Georgia Frontiere. Almost.

WellSinceYouDidntAsk

This is the best sports news I've heard in a while. Los Animals Doyers are SoCal baseball team of Mexican gang psychos. Haven't been a fan of the home team since they traded LoDuca and Piazza. They need to integrate with more non Latino players. Or else they should just move the cursed ballclub to East LA or Mexico.

kingborg

kc is having issues with out team owner too. wont pay for good players.

kingborg

wow a spam flood! and its worthless to report em tmz dont do anything.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2