Flavor Flav

Pulling the Plug

on Chicken Joint

4/24/2011 11:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Flavor Flav is pulling his name from Flavor Flav's Chicken in Clinton, IA -- saying his business partner "mismanaged" the place and the whole ordeal gave him "a bad reputation."

0424_flavor_flav_tmz_ex
Flav tells TMZ he had his attorney pull the license yesterday. He tells us, "I had a licensing agreement with Nick Cimino and that's all we had. It was his business to run from there and the business was not run right."

As we previously reported, employees were claiming their payroll checks were bouncing, which Cimino blamed on "a credit card glitch."

Flav also said the food was a problem too, telling us, "Let me be straight up with you, I went up inside there on April 2 and I found potato salad that expired on February 28. And it's then when I realized I can't do business with this man and I really hope no one ate those potatoes." Us too.

The experience couldn't have been all bad -- Flav is set to open up "Flavor Flav's House of Flavor" in Las Vegas next month.

I am Spartacus

Ernie, many celebs have their names on restuarants or invest in restaurants and aren't there all the time to make sure things are running ok. They hire people to run their place while they are just the financial backer. Same for A-Rod and those motels.

Give credit to Flav for going there and seeing that this place was not being run right and getting out of there. Sure he could have tried fixing it but apparently the guy running the place is just not someone he feels will do a good job so he's getting out.

Janelle

I agree with Flav, went there two weeks ago. They were out of baked potatoes, corn bread, and rolls. Saw them dumping "great value" fries into the frier. That's no way to run a restaurant!

nevrshunalepruchan

The apocalypse was in 91 dawg!?.. Yet here you is 20 yz later being all old and greasy with your outfits, weird cracked-outedness, chicken and whatnot. What up with it flav?

Linny

way to throw the manager under the bus.

Pam Letsch

BILLYBURKE... Feb 28- April 2= a week???? What happened to MARCH????
I am happy to hear this nightmare has ended! Cimino is a disgusting crook! He should NOT be in charge of anyone's food! After hearing from an ex-employee at his pizza joint, I would NEVER eat at one of his businesses!(and it was not a jealous ex-employee who was "let go"...she quit because she had morals!)

Anonymous

Sounds like Flav's partner was winging it.

ciimonstr

fREEZE aND dROP yo'aR r < that Is alppojewbraic foer guh'n.

stup'n cimino'l

dani

Damn...Why people gotta be so judgemental? Jealous? He obviously has a fanbase, of which Im not a part, but damn quit hating. Good luck with all your endeavors Flav...Im so sick of people being negaitve to people who are famous, theyre human too...ot did ya'll forget that??!!!

His Prince Michael

Flavor Flav, an American Original. I watched the stuff he did with Brigitte, and I noticed about half-way through "the season", that Flav was kinda letting her run her drag, for a minute. So, perhaps, he's a patient man that will give a
person a chance. THEN, wreck shop.

A Most Blessed Easter, to you and yours, Flav!

Brendan

Eeeewwwwwwww

chefadam

Should have hired a chef!

richard pierce

silly old man should grow up and quit dressing ghetto! It and he look silly!

lame

Ruin your rep? Who you kidding Flav... not like you didn't ruin your own rep.

Tplss

Shocking. The guy takes no pride in his own restaurant here. We went there for the 'buffet' and we were the only people there. The pizza looked like it'd been sitting there for hours. We asked for ONE fresh pizza we could all eat, the waitress agreed they were old.... we waited almost an hour for our pizza. She kept telling us that it was on it's way, but come to find out, he was whining in the back about having to throw out three "Good" pizzas to make one fresh for us. He shouldn't be in the restaurant business.

Muppet

At least he's smart enough to get out of that business before he's hit with a lawsuit from a bunch of people getting sick. I don't quite understand the man's choice of clothing but to each their own I guess. Hope the Easter Bunny was good to him. ;)

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments