Ex-Destiny's Child Member -- I Was Racially Profiled!

4/25/2011 5:19 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Former Destiny's Child singer Farrah Franklin claims she was "manhandled" and  the victim of racial profiling when she was taken into custody last Saturday.

0425_farrah_franklin_EX_Getty_03

Franklin tells TMZ, "Unfortunately, I am the latest victim on what seems to be a growing list of those who are racially profiled and mistreated by Culver City Police. I was manhandled by the arresting officers."

But the Culver City PD begs to differ, telling TMZ, they were simply responding to a telephone complaint by a citizen who claimed Franklin was disturbing the peace.

Franklin says, “I am really upset about all that has taken place. I have never had a run in with the law before Saturday. On Saturday I was not arrested, I was detained."

Again, cops beg to differ, saying Franklin was indeed arrested for disorderly conduct.

Franklin adds, "There were no female officers on duty and I was required to take off my top and treated unfairly."

UPDATE: Law enforcement sources tell us, one of the arresting officers was female.

But Franklin ain't finished -- in fact, she just unloaded on Twitter, writing, "YES, I'm okay & YES there WILL be a lawsuit ! F**K da Culver City Police !!!! You cant keep a good girl down."

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

miabella29

Bitch please. Race card no longer works, you all abused it too much

Carl

What a bunch of lies. Especially that last part. If she was required to take off her top in front of male officers then what probably happened is she had to take off a sweatshirt or jacket but was fully clothed underneath it.

two cents

Would she like some cheese with that whine? What a baby. Suck it up! Boohoo, maybe the bad po-pos didn't know who she was. lol You can take the girl out of the ghetto...

#1 Miabella is right, that cards' been revoked from overuse. Pay your fine and stfu.

Celeb Gossip Addict

Sounds like she still has her own special view point. That's the same reason she didn't make it in the group.

Wishes

I am SO SICK AND TIRED of the race card being played. GRRRRR!
No matter what they do, or how wrong they are, they keep pulling it out when they break the law. I sure wish we white people had the same "GET OUT OF JAIL" card - it would be nice!!!

Crystal

OOOOOOOOooof course she was!

efnsteve

I don't believe a word that this broad is preaching.

Charles

Wishes, you are an idiot. Race is still a problem in this country, especially with law enforcement. I know this to be true as an officer who is assigned to investigate such matters. It's a shame whenever the race card is used. Not because people abuse it, but because it demonstrates there is a problem with the manner in which police services are provided. Just because a lot of people cry wolf doesn't mean the wolf doesn't exist. Smart ass!!!

TheUltraworld

The solution is easy. Don't wander the streets drunk, making a scene. When the cops tell you to move on, don't go off on them. This wasn't racial profile, it was a drunk idiot profile.

Joel

Bitch please...... shove the race card up your ****.... You worthless has been...

bharold

HAHA. She obviously doesn't understand the meaning of racial profiling. SOMEONE CALLED THE COPS ON YOU!!! She may get off on lack of mental capacity though.

MYGRANDAMGT

TYPICAL black person........ Arrested then crying racism....this pity me I'm black and treated unfairly **** is getting old and frankly losing it's credibility because you all think the frigging world is out to get you. Blame the rest of us because your career went in the toilet and yhou are just a NASTY ASS UGLY FAT MOUTH BITCH!!!!!!!!! Anyone have a muzzle for this bitch's fat mouth???????

Annoyed in MD

Typical BS comment, playing the race card again. Sweetheart - don't get yourself in trouble and you won't have to worried about being "manhandled" Sista just wants some media attention is what it all boils down to!

James

get over yourself

HMMMM

An irrelevant person trying to make herself relevant. And COME ON, Culver City? I have been there, if you aren't a problem, neither are the police.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments