Lindsay Lohan Puts Actions Behind Words

4/26/2011 3:10 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Lindsay Lohan is backing up what she said on "The Tonight Show" -- that she's a big girl who is finally taking responsibility for her actions -- because she's going to start doing community service this week.

0425-lilo-ex-tmz-02

Sources tell TMZ ... Lindsay will begin her 360 hours of community service at the Downtown Women's Center in Los Angeles this week.

Lindsay told Jay Leno she's not going to make excuses for her actions and will accept the consequences of violating her probation.

Lindsay's lawyer, Shawn Holley, was there when Lindsay was on the stage.  Interestingly, Holley's hubby, Dorian Holley, was also there -- he's the lead singer of the "The Tonight Show" band.

We're told the producer of "Gotti: Three Generations" was also in the audience to show his support.

One other thing ... Lindsay is also required to perform 120 hours at the L.A. County Morgue -- we're told "she's not so crazy about that."

Googie

Yes, she was ordered to do community service, but I am impressed by previews of her Jay Leno interview. She sounded & looked like she is on the right direction. I hope that she continues on this path and does not associate with those who are detrimental to her recovery. Keep making the right decisions and if you must, just do the time & get it out of the way.

Nicole

@Lohan is a trainwreck
STOP
Can't you make any proper posts ? Get over the charge being reduced to a misdemeanor as nothing is going to change it,

fu

TÚ VUELVE A INSULTARME OTRA VEZ Y, NO SERVIRÁ DE NADA, PERO VOY A LLENAR LOS PERIÓDICOS EN LA SECCIÓN DE COMENTARIOS CON TODA LA VERDAD SOBRE TU MUERTE LOS NEGOCIOS ESTOS DE MONTAR NOTICIAS FALSAS PARA LUCRARTE

D

Lohan is a train wreck,

I didn't know that about Jay announcing her and the silence! That is awesome, thanks! And before her next jail time stint, she'll suddenly need to go to rehab. Again.

Nicole

You tell them Nicole.I've been sober for a long time now,and I'm glad you believe me.

I think we'd be good friends in real life.

Holly

Didn’t she say she was going to volunteer at the women shelter
because giving back is so rewarding?
She USED the shelter for a photo op, and never returned.
It was damage control for the PV hearing when she tested dirty for cocaine

Get a Nose Job, please!!!

I am shocked that Jay Leno would have that Moron Lindsay on his show - especially after all the jokes he's made about her. I won't watch because she will lie and try to make people think she has a brain cell working. She doesn't. She belongs in Jail - the sooner the better. She and Charlie Sheen are the biggest Idiots in the United States and the biggest Egotists. I wouldn't go see them in anything - even if they paid me.

Bruno

I plan on watching Letterman tonight. Just sayin...

Sam

I'd like to believe her but everyone knows that you can tell when an addict is lying - it's when their lips are moving. She has a lot of growing up and proving herself to people before we'll believe it. Stop all the talking already and start walking the talk!

Nicole

I'm glad Nicole is here.

Pony Princess

Nicole, woopie ding. I refuted your statement that Lindsay has two of the best defense lawyers defending her and you come back and tell me she's not officially retained, along with other crap that your writing there. It has no relevance. Lindsay currently has ONE defense attorney, and that is SCH.
I think I just let you know I know that. Why do you think that coming back with these irrelevant statements makes sense and makes you right in the first place. Your posts sound exactly like what I would expect DUIna to be posting.

D

Nicole #2 nice pic, lol! Was that taken last night?

themare

Doesn't matter if she "accepts" the consequences. She HAS to do the community service. Also, highly suspect that Shawn Holley's husband is the lead singer in the band and Lindsay gets a gig on the show. And the "standing ovation?" That's forced by the stage manager (tummler) who lights up the "applause" sign and then generally acts like an ass to make the audience stand up. Since this show was pre-recorded, if enough of the audience didn't stand up or if there were any audible boos, the "standing ovation" would have been taped over and over until the show was satisfied.
Personally, I think it's both appalling and disgusting that the Tonight Show would even THINK of forcing a standing ovation from the audience. Just by that action alone, I will never watch the show again. To give a standing ovation (even if it was a forced one) to a convict, drug addict and thief is just mind boggling.
Lindsay, I hope you are on the road to recovery. Keep your nose clean (pun intended) and be true to yourself. We will see if your career will rebound after all of these crimes when the box office receipts come in after the Gotti movie.

Daffy Duck

Daffy watched the Leno video, but all he could see was LiLo quacking Looney Tunes out of my cousin's stolen lips.

- Woo Woo -

D

Lol, Lohan is a train wreck! Pony Princess, for a long time we've thought that Nicole is Duina.