Trump Questions Obama Birth Certificate

4/27/2011 6:48 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Donald Trump is already taking the credit for getting Barack Obama to go public with his birth certificate ... saying, "I'm very proud of myself" ... but adds, "We have to see if it's real."

Obama Birth Certificate

Moments ago, Trump said, "Today I'm very proud of myself, because I've accomplished something that nobody else has been able to accomplish."

Trump added, "I want to look at it, but I hope it's true, so that we can get on to much more important matters ... he should have done it a long time ago."

He continued, "I am really honored, frankly, to have played such a big role in hopefully, hopefully getting rid of this issue."

As for the actual document, Trump added, "We have to look at it, we have to see ... is it real? Is it proper? What's on it? But I hope it checks out beautifully."

Ms. B-

Trump have not done ****, the white house already had proff that Obama were a citizen of the US, so forget him. I feel that he just keep up **** because he can.

uramoron

A seal is only on the certified copy you morons. This is the acutal government do***ent. Tools all of you idiots, especially Trump.

Sonya in Tx

Trump is crazy like a fox. He wants to give Obama a kick in the rear to get things going in government. It's working.

cma

ok so it proves that he is us citzen
trump has no right to question anything
he has two wives both foreigners
where is there do***entation CITZENSHIP PAPER WORK
BE FOR REAL TRUMP
IF UR ELECTED PRESIDENT
U WOULD BE DOING THE SAME THING TAKING QUESTIONS ABOUT INSIGNIFICANT STUFF

paul

in my opinion this now shows that donald trump is a racist bigot who watches what he says to keep his ratings up. my logic to this is one simple question would this even be an issue if the prez was a white guy? i think he has no intention of running and this is all for publicity for his stupid show. and that donald makes you an ugly (well that dosnt make u ugly ur hair and face do) disgusting racist who should be shot in the face by someone already in prison so no other lives will be affected.

p

Hey Trump, Self-Righteousness will carry your ass to hell...

Tammy

I would have absolutly no problem showing my birth certificate if something was being debated and the certificate could prove the truth. Why did folks fight showing President Obama's birth certificate for so long? If you have nothing to hide why behave like you have something to hide? Just a thought.

Shirley

A birth certificate doesn't really mean that he was born here. I have a friend that was born in Germany. She has a birth certificate from Germany and one for the U.S. Obviously, anyone can get a birth certificate issued to them. It doesn't necessarily mean they were born in the U.S.

Not American

American's = stupid. Obama is the most intelligent thing they have done in the last 20 years. Remember you guys re-elected BUSH for two terms? bahahaha! Go Oil!

Darlene

You have got to be Fricken kidding me!!! He is One Of The Best Presidents that we have had! He Has So much to deal with each day. people give the man a break!! He can only do so much so fast, we have no idea what he has to deal with each and everyday!!! It's like he's taking the blame for what the past President did!!

TAmi

I find it ridiculous..that all of a sudden Obama "releases" this do***ent..and why you ask?? Because Trump was getting to close to the truth. This certificate is not authenticated by a seal as many of you have mentioned...that's the reason FOR the long form is to be recognized by the state of birth. Do you know you have to request your long form from the state rather than the hospital in order to have your birth sanctioned?? This one does not tell weight, height, or anything else...such a fake as is the President...AND Donald Trump.

Yolanda

SIGHS

Sue

Donald Trump is an A-hole!!! How dare he disrespect the office of President of the United States this way!?!?! He is only doing it because he is a racist and can't stand the idea of a black man being successful!!!

kp

People should be ashamed of disrespecting the highest office this country has. This would never have happened 25 years ago. What direction is this country going, how much mud will be flying so some one can run for office. We use to be RESPECTED. not anymore

Mikey

I wonder if Obama who didn't get invited to the royal wedding, will once again send a gift box set of classic American movies on DVDs that aren't compatible with British DVD players.