Tornadoes Jeopardize Lauren Alaina's 'Idol' Votes

4/28/2011 4:30 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Lauren Alaina fans are in an uproar -- worried she might get cut from "American Idol" tonight ... because of the deadly tornadoes that ripped through the South last night.

0428_lauren_ailana_EX_01

Lauren's hometown of Rossville, Georgia -- population 3,500 -- was devastated by the twisters ... leaving most homes without power, land lines, or mobile phone service.

Now Lauren's friends and family tell TMZ they're concerned because Lauren's main supporters couldn't see the show and weren't able to vote.

One friend said, "It would be a travesty if she was taken off the show because of an Act of God" -- and another added, "I do believe the weather should be taken into consideration when it comes to the voting."

One friend who was outside the damage zone tells us she voted more than usual for Lauren ... and made online appeals for others to do the same.

Will it be enough to get Lauren into the top 5?

Aarin

They are more worried about idol votes rather than peoples lives. Classy.

BTW If your such a God lover than if it was an act of God he wasnt voteing for her either.

Lucas

So this contestant's hometown being destroyed by a tornado isn't a good enough story, had to spice it up with idol voting?

Jeremy

Maybe God blew away her hometown to keep her from advancing on Idol???? Perhaps her friends and family should consider that possibility as well.

I am Spartacus

if anyone is more concerned about her not getting fair voting because of the tornados then they need to get their priorities in order.

bring back recent posts

..wooohoooo...the royal wedding coverage soon..can't wait'...I think kiss will happen on balcony at 8;25 am...my time..heheh...and fly over...weeeee...gonna b fuuun
....I think every moment of the souls who lost their lives and the people who have lives changed forever..sad..

niles

Nice to see where her priorities are. Instead of expressing concern for the poor victims back home, the only on her mind is winning a dumb talent contest. Absolutely shameful!

Superman

That shows the morals of these idiotic people that watch this crap!! If her friends think this way, then she's more than likely a selfish bitch also and doesn't deserve to win anything.

MissAnn

Well if it was an act of God, then her being booted off the show because of that would be part of that act now wouldn't it.

cindychili

Does anyone think scotty looks kinda like the kid from Mad magazine

georges

Telling the country to support the Red Cross efforts that would be there. Not whining about the possibility of my friend losing in a singing contest.May I suggest you a link very usefull for design/redesign websites or other web service...just look at this site below and recomand forward ..maybe is enyone interested for a website or grapfics.Look here: http://webdesignprofesional.com is for business.

GRYFFINDOR!

I feel terrible for all the people affected in the south. I live in LA and we think earthquakes are bad, but after seeing all the devastation from a tornado, I have to admit it's a thousand times worse than an earthquake! I hope the tornadoes stop and that not too many people lose their homes. :(

Majestik

My heart goes out to all thos affected last night, AND last week.

What the hell is this nation coming to when NATURAL DISASTERS ARE BLAMED for lack of votes for some dude or chick on American Idol???

I DON"T GIVE A FLYING flick if her voting audience is in the disaster zone, WHAT I DO CARE ABOUT, her FRIENDS/FAMILY/FANS ARE in that area and all this chick cares about is her votes???

Something is NOT right there!!!

Piper

Gasp!

Crystel

I am not a fan of this show, or any other reality shows, so I don't care who really wins. It's just the article is correct, voting should be suspended or the show take a break and go help the people in the states that were devastated by these tornados.

e33

Drive your vehicles into tornadoes, the second and "better" life is waiting. God is giving you the instant privilege