Lindsay to Plead No Contest to Theft

4/30/2011 6:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Lindsay Lohan will plead no contest to the misdemeanor theft charge she faces over that pesky necklace ... sources connected with the case tell TMZ.

0429_lindsay_lohan_no_contest_tmz_ex
We're told Lindsay is committed to what she told Jay Leno this week -- that she wants to accept responsibility and move on with her life.

So Lindsay and her lawyer, Shawn Holley, will go back to Judge Stephanie Sautner as early as next week to enter the plea.

Lindsay has already been sentenced to 120 days in jail for the probation violation, along with 480 hours of community service. Sources tell us Lindsay and her lawyer are banking on Judge Sautner not adding additional time on the theft charge. In other words, when Lindsay serves her 120-day sentence, that would be the end of it.  And sources familiar with the case say that would be a routine disposition.

L.A. County Sheriff's spokesperson Steve Whitmore tells TMZ his rough calculation is that Lindsay would serve three weeks, although there are variables to that.

We're also told the L.A. County District Attorney is inclined to give the case to the L.A. City Attorney, since the D.A. typically prosecutes felonies and the case is now a misdemeanor.  But now that Lindsay will plead no contest, it doesn't make a lot of sense for the D.A. to kick the case to the City Attorney.

Holley could not be reached for comment.

jeebus

/waves!! Hi hezzer!!! come on over to the chat!

hezzer19

It really isn't worth a response jeebus. Just ignore it. I'm going to bake an extra batch of cookies for later.

sean

@ The seeker,if you are looking for answers from this Lohan trainwreck good luck ,it took me years to unravel the tentacles of the beast.

Annuit cœptis

Duty honor service

jeebus

Nope it just excites them more if I do.

sean

Not a hockey thing Hezzler-19 just a observation on your late entry into THIS game and your teamates.

hezzer19

Sean, I think you take this stuff too seriously.

Actually I think a lot of people take this stuff too seriously. It's not hockey people.

the Seeker

Sorry but I am not a wings fan either.Sean and co. as you guys and gals know by now I have been seeking answers to many questions and write what i think, not what people want to *hear* or read.
btw hezzler19 did just join us 1 week ago with such insight into lindsay and her plight so i agree its kinda curious the random sports talk.imo
what happened to sweet lou?
Ketjos back.. how is the Arkansas this time of year?

hezzer19

LMAO Seeker. I joined TMZ a week ago yes but I've been online for years with this name. I've got my own blog and Twitter account with the same name. My love of hockey is well known. Would you like me to provide you with some references?

ketjo

the Seeker,
Wrong state sweetie, last time I passed thru, Dog Patch was still in Kentucky ! But dang iff'n they ain't went and put up a imitation one down there in Arkansas !!! Course you'uns have to watch them imitation hillbillies down there in razorback country They ain't what they seem..but true is the Webster's defination of a hillbilly they are Michigan hill farmers so you could say I was more of a Ridgerunner then anything else...
But I get the biggest laugh out of city folks calling anybody who lives the good life out the the countryside a hillbilly !
Hell the other night some yahoo was calling Sarah Palin a hillbilly ,and she about lives as far north as folks can live.
Sometimes now at my age my mind runs alone about 70 mph and my twisted knotted old fingers can only do 30 so I miss spell words but I figure if you can make out what I'm awriting about its close enough...
My icon stands for a hillbilly grandma from Ky who's retired to the goodlife on my own mountain in NC...and take it from someone who knows ...education can take a little old hillbilly for the backwoods to the white house..so stay in school folks stay in school.......

Mike

@Rocky:
"This s***bag jeweler doesn't have a cold chance in hell of winning a Civil Suit!!!!! Filing one will do nothing more than accelerate the closing of their pitiful business."

The store owners have a much better chance of winning a civil suit than Lindsay has of winning an Oscar in the next 20 years.

the Seeker

@Nicole,
Whats up in lindsayland today?
working on the next storyline?
Did Danette retract the original plea deal?
Did you give your other children a hug this morning?

ketjo

Rocky:
I sure won't count on that son, the store has only to point out the bad press and defamition of their store's reputation by Lindsey people by pointing their fingers right here on TMZ and ROL and have a solid case against her....

As for winning a Oscar why a Cat has a better chance at winning the Westminster Abby Dog Show Championship then she has in winning a Oscar....you actually have to be able to act to do that........

sean

Hezzler19
do you follow lindsay on twitter?

Remember the Lohans were going to sue the store for using her image from the security videos and the owners would lose kamophie and co., then Lindz could fill it with her new jewelry line ??

hezzer19

LOL Sean, no. I certainly don't. Why would I? I do follow the Red Wings though.

jeebus

actually it wouldn't. more than likely it would be settled out of court because lindsay and her team would want to make it go away.

Previous 15 Comments | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments