Murray's MJ Manslaughter Trial Pushed to September

5/2/2011 9:15 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Dr. Conrad Murray can chill til September -- his trial for Michael Jackson's death just got pushed back.

0502_conrad_murray_BN_postponed_01

Judge Michael Pastor
announced the postponement this morning in the manslaughter trial -- opening statements were set to begin next week.

Murray's attorneys asked for the delay so they could prepare for new witnesses the prosecution plans to call.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

JLa

I am so effin mad right now its not funny. Isnt this the 2nd time that they have delayed this trial b/c of Murray. Hey maybe the judge should raise the bail amount!! Well I know no matter what this isnt going to bring Michael Jackson back. But this does not seem to be fair does anyone else feel this way? I just want closure to this and a fair trail. I want Murray to pay for his disregard for his patients life...mind you his only patient!! all b/c he only cares for money and getting laid. I really hate him!!

KingMikeJ

I'm tired of INJUSTICE. I'm tired of the SCHEMES. #Justice4MJ

WillOTheWisp

Crap!!!

How much is AEG paying the Judge???

I'm guessing the Judge is getting paid more than Murray did for euthanizing Michael!!!

melliemel

This sucks. Come on, this guy needs to be locked up. He's walking around free, and MJ is gone. Not fair. I hope this idiot Murray sleeps with the fishes like Osama Bin Ladin.

Ulja

This is mockery!

Barb.A.

Not only does the trial get pushed back see below for what else is going on.

LAS VEGAS -- The Nevada State Medical Board handed out punishments for three doctors involved in Nevada's most notorious health scandals. From the hepatitis C scare to the Medical Mafia crimes, the medical board handled some high profile cases Friday.

The board handed down additional sanctions against Michael Jackson's former doctor, Conrad Murray. Though he's facing involuntary manslaughter charges for his role in the singer's death, Doctor Murray keeps his Nevada medical license for now.

However, the board announced a settlement Friday. Dr. Murray admits to wrongdoing and will have a reprimand on his state record. He will also have to pay the cost of the state investigation against him.

mj fan forever

THIS IS DEEPLY UNFAIR!!!! THE MURDERER NEEDS TO BE TRIALED INSTEAD THERE IS ANOTEHR DELAY AND THEN THAT MURDERER WANTED A SPEED TRIAL!!! I DON'T CARE IF HIS LOSERS LAWYERS NEED OR NOT TO PREPARE THEMSELVES!!! ACTUALLY THEY DON'T HAVE ANYTHING TO SAVE HIM AND ARE JUST TAKING TIME FOR EXTENDING HIS FREEDOM UNFAIRLY!!! BECAUSE MURDERER MUST ROT IN JAIL BEFORE HELL AS HE REALLY DESERVES!!!!!

Barb.A.

on in session today the defense only wanted a 2 week delay to go over & find witness's to rebuttal the new material from the prosecution, but the Judge said that the defense had to give the prosecution time to go over any new material that they would come up with. The Judge was not happy about the defense wanting a delay after they pushed for a speedy trial but said in all fairness he was granting the delay only he was setting it for September.

Billie

even when that trial will be postponed?
will there be a trial?

Michael Brazil loves you

mariam

This seems to be taking so long I feel great pity for the poor jackson family who have lost their son, been dragged into the media circus since this event and never got justice for their son as the trial is postponed. MJ needs to get justice all the world is watching. MJ has a world fan club and audience hes loved by many east and west. His message was one of peace and love why cant he be given the NOBEL PRIZE for his humanitarian work.

Butterfly

speechless

LOVE AND MISS MJJ

BarbieJean

WHAT?!? This is completely unfair!

Barb.A.

Awhile back my ex-husband was killed in a head on collision, he died on impact by a drunk driver while on company time. My daughter hired a lawyer because there was much more to it than most knew.

It took 3 years to put that man behind bars and all he got was 4 years for vehicular manslaughter. After 3 of those years he got out and spent the remaining sentence on house arrest.

It took 4 years in civil court, she won her case of $3 million but it still didn't sit well with her because her dad was gone and she would never see, talk, enjoy his company again and he never got to meet his first granddaughter.

Sometimes I think the laws are only made to protect the people who do wrong.

HumanNature

“Patience and fortitude conquer all things” - Ralph Waldo Emerson

JUTSTICE 4 MJ

Barbara

I am getting bored about delays. There is nothing I hate more than delays whatever they are about.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments