USS Carl Vinson -- The Party Before The Osama Dump

5/2/2011 2:00 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Two weeks before Osama bin Laden's corpse was loaded onto their ship ... and dropped into the deep blue North Arabian Sea ... the sailors on the USS Carl Vinson took a few dives themselves.

0502_swim_call_gallery_launch
On April 15, the crew was granted a "Swim Call" -- a day of fun, swimming, jumping and surfing out on the water in between daily operations.

In fact, the U.S. Navy posted the photos on the ship's official Facebook page.

Even the ship's Commanding Officer, Capt. Bruce H. Lindsey, grabbed his surfboard and hit the swells.

Of course, these brave men and women don't just mess around -- they played a crucial role in the disposal of bin Laden's remains.

SayWhat

Too bad the "disposal" didn't involve a flush. Bon voyage you piece of S&%T! May you rot in hell

Jeff

I was hoping they'd be naked.

tb

I would be scared of sharks while swimming in the middle of the ocean.....just sayin....sharks scare me! YIKES!

Gsharon 710

JanP.....I hear ya.

weird al yankovich

awesome these guys deserve every minute of it..

what about the sharks though ? i'd be scared as hell

would be messed up if a dude gets eaten by a shark while just taking a dip ?

Donna

Heck yah ! So dang proud of my son and his crewmates ! Way go FOX!We so luv you !!!

Kardatax

Thank you President Obama, Team 6 and all of the men and women for your service in this conflict resolution.

Matrinka

TMZ, I hope you can live with yourselves if these men and women are murdered in retaliation for Bin Ladin's death. Take the pictures down - we don't need to know who exactly the soldiers were and how they celebrated!

Politico Pablo

I hope they felt the need to relieve themselves before they deep 6 Bin Laden's corpses. He was gonna get wet anyway.

tigress

Job well done guys! We all love you, be safe and come home soon.

Sammie

I can understand these guys being happy and all but should we really be this happy somebody died? I'm no Osama fan at all but nevertheless, all he did was say go for it. And yeah, he had the money but 9/11 was other people's ideas, other people wrote the checks, other people set it up, other people prepared & other people did the act. Just sayin'. Kinda like Obama who didn't do one single thing to make this happen except say ok.

Mother nature

I ain't never going swimming in that ocean again now that it's full of Osama fish food crud! YUK!

livereater

thank you to president 'w' for starting the war on terror.

thank you to president 'w' for starting the hunt on osama which president clinton failed to do.

thank you to president obama for using president "w's" strategy.

tmc69

I wish my parties were as exciting as that looks...

Scarlet

This picture could have been taken at any time and the White House could say whatever....Obama is a liar and he's desperate right now. His integrity and his birth has been challenged so what happens....

OBAMA stages Osama Bin Laden's death to boost his approval ratings in order to try and get re-elected, and to stop any further questions about his past! Why did he all of a sudden produce his birth certificate after Donald Trump challenged him??? Why didn't Obama produce it sooner? Now I don't think Trump would make a good President but I think he's rattled Obama's cage enough to scare him and I commend him on that! I think Obama is trying to pull a fast one on America and I'm not buying Bin Laden is dead!! Not until the President can provide 'solid' proof to all the American people and anyone else around the world that Bin Laden really is dead!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments