Charlie Sheen: Kelly Preston Shot Herself

5/3/2011 10:25 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Charlie Sheen claims he did not shoot Kelly Preston ... and that it was Kelly herself who caused the gun to fire and injure herself in the infamous 1990 incident.

050311_charlie_sheen_video
Sheen gave his version of events during his "My Violent Torpedo of Truth" stop in Vancouver Monday night.  He says he was downstairs drinking coffee, when he heard a shot from upstairs.

Sheen says he then saw a naked Kelly Preston at the top of the stairs, covered in blood.

Charlie explained Kelly had picked up a pair of his pants in the bathroom -- when a revolver that was secreted in his pocket fell to the ground and discharged. Sheen claims the bullet hit the toilet and either shrapnel or a piece of porcelain from the toilet ricocheted and struck her.

Charlie says at the time he knew he'd be blamed for it.

Kelly and Charlie broke off their engagement shortly after the incident. So far, no comment from Preston's camp.

@OneEye,

Thanks for clearing up your "washing dishes" remark. I DID take it as an insult to women in a general way and to some women here in a specific way. In my experience here at TMZ, dish washing references have been clearly made in that vein. So, maybe I am sensitized that way. I will take your word for your actual intentions, at least for now.

Here are my points of view and experiences, made largely as "I statements" - which is a process encouraged by psychotherapists and counsellors as a way of owning our own "stuff":

I've raised three children to adulthood - ages range from 27 to 33. Two boys and one girl. They were all equally difficult - but each in their own unique way.

All three of my children are self-sufficient in ALL basic life skills without reference to gender. They ALL do housework, cook meals, do their own laundry, change the oil in their cars, balance their checkbooks, mend clothes, raise a garden, and so on.

They each developed their own way of doing these tasks over time. And, I see them teaching basic life skills to their children as well. They are also self-suffient economically. However, we also help each other out from time to time in various ways. IMO, that's just part of being a family.

I agree with your assessment of how hormones can dominate our lives. What a difference it makes be able to call the shots for ourselves - to chose when and how we want to follow the call of the wild hormone.

I see Charlie as the one who ripped away the veil when he went on his self-styled and self-initiated media rants prior to and following his termination from 2.5 Men. He has contacted TMZ to act as a facilitator for his self-revelations more than once. He continued that process with his regurgitative 'tell all' tour. TMZ is more than happy to oblige him, of course.

I consider Charlie to be a danger to self and to others and I am here to continue to speak to that concern. I may choose to do so in a variety of fashions; but, that is my core belief and purpose in being here.

Thank you for helping me to get in touch with my feelings about Charlie, and for inspiring me to articulate my views on these subjects.
~~~~~~~~~~~~

My rules of engagement:

1. Please do NOT attempt to engage me in debate. This is not a debating club. This is TMZ.

2. Please do NOT expect me to make ANY "timely" response. This is NOT a live, interactive chat room.

3. Please DO expect RECIPROCITY from me.

4. Please do your OWN research.

@Nancy,

I have to thank you for the best to date laugh I have had here. I've had chuckles, grins, and a few laugh out louds. But, I have never until today had a roll on the floor laughing my ass off reaction. In fact, I have to be careful even thinking about it like when I'm driving in heavy traffic because I have uncontrollable laughter every time. A good, deep belly laugh sure is good for the soul :-).

I'm referring to this line of yours:

"So, here's to you, stalkers of the Charlie threads on TMZ! Let me say that in a language you might understand:

Yap, yap, yap, yowl, yip, yip, snuffle, snort, yap, yap, yap."

About your other remarks (below)...I've been weighing the pros and cons of making reference to some of the remarks that were made here last night and today.

Specifically, I'm referring to remarks that put words in my mouth - that claimed that I said something that was NOT what I said. What helped was the realization that has been dawning on me in the last day or so that poor reading comprehension and/or poor attention and/or poor memory really is likely at the bottom of a lot on the disagreements here.

Yes, I know that you said that it was "deliberate obfuscation" and that is probably also true. BUT, what cinched it for me was reading the shared articles that are supposed to be pro-Charlie that are anything but - and not always in subtle ways, either. So, I have decided to let all but one remark go. Will address that remark in another comment.

Nancy 12 hours ago
"Y'know, if the OTHER freakin' stalkers on this site would GTFO, maybe the rest of us would be able to quit defending ourselves from their idiotic paranoia.

Tell me it's not so... go ahead, someone tell me that, and I'll show your stalking a$$es every single place where you just couldn't let shee-it slide, where you just HAD to open your fat yaps and start barking again."

~~~~~~~~~~~~

My rules of engagement:

4. Please DO expect RECIPROCITY from me.

3. Please do your OWN research.

Paul M

That's the good thing about a wheel gun,revolver,they don't go off if you drop them.

@Nancy,

Here is the one remark that I was referring to before (below). I'm considering making a point of addressing each and every remark of this kind from now on - just like I am here. Her digs like this have been a daily occurrence and mostly I have ignored them. I may change that tact now.

As Ksis is well aware, of course, she is referring to comments that I made some weeks ago questioning her truthfulness about who she was. That was during the period when several people made comments regularly about ksis and Raymond being the same troll and also questioning her identity in other ways. I think you may have been here by the point that I made the remarks that ksis is referring to (below).

As anyone can see in my current comments, I am NOW making the assumption that ksis is exactly who she says she is - a high school teacher in Poland.

Yet, ksis has to dredge up the past in what looks to me to be an attempt to garner sympathy or understanding from Kathyo - and also an attempt to needle me ONCE AGAIN. Virtually every day ksis says something like this that would be needling to me if I allowed it to be.

So, what we have here is someone not letting go of the past, sand bagging someone in the present with some stored past grievance - and then of course we will have the ubiquitous feigning of innocence when she is confronted with her actions.

Plus, there is also a less obvious but still possible needling of me - by saying to Kathyo that she was likely not the target of OneEye's remarks. OneEye's remarks were about "Charlie dissers". Since I am clearly ksis's targeted NUMBER ONE ANTI_CHARLIE DISSER here, its not a stretch for me to see that that part of the remark ALSO is an attempt to needle me.

Of course, there are so many other potential interpretations of that part of her remark that its pointless to pursue it. Also, it would mean delving into what OneEye actually meant, how it is that he came to believe that a significant amount of the anti-Charlie posters here are adolescent males still living at home, so forth and so on. I believe that you are intelligent enough to see what I mean here and why I don't want to pursue it any further - unless I am inspired to do so.

Last and probably least, note how ksis adopted the use of "he/she" in her remark. I'm sure that you've also noted that ksis normally refrains from using that sort of notation and has mocked and ridiculed me several different times for doing so myself. So, either she is imitating me again like she has also done numerous times or she is just needling me on the assumption that I am myself guilty of making a gender assumption here. So, I would like to point out that I was right - OneEye is a "he" - which was a pretty safe assumption that I was willing to make, if you think about it the reason is pretty self-explanatory, but maybe not to ksis.

ksis 6 hours ago
"@Kathyo

OneEye probably was not even thinking of you when he/she wrote that;)
Nice to see someone else is goofing off from work too. I was accused of lying about my job just because I sometimes use my breaks to come here and comment. LMAO!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~

My rules of engagement:

4. Please DO expect RECIPROCITY from me.

3. Please do your OWN research.

@Roast_Beef,

Thanks again for sharing that information (below). After a careful read, I'd have to say that there DOES seem to be merit. What especially caught my eye was the potential for correlation between cognitive functioning found with CWS and certain subtype of BPD. In my practice, I have had BPD clients, females, with this subtype of BPD who were also potential for CWS.

However, I also noted that the references were all older than five years and that there were methodological confounds in the body of the article. So, before I would put much weight on these notions, I'd want to look further for more recent and more sound studies. Seems worth a look, though :-).

Roast_Beef 1 day ago
@Spring in Michigan (SIM)
%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

Have a good read at this SIM:

Melissa S

With Charlie talking about taking his show to Europe, I'm left wondering how much money Live Nation lost/made on this tour. Apparently Charlie and Live Nation have parted ways for the European leg of the tour, if in fact there is really going to be one.

If you consider an average of 4,000 people attending each show at a 100 dollars a ticket. That is 400,000 per show plus say an additional 15,000 profit in merchandise (based on the 9,000 raised for Bryan Stow) for a total of 415,000 per show, I come up with 9,130,000 for the tour. Given the number of tickets that were given away and that many venues had 3,000 or less attending with ticket sales between 20-40 dollars, I think this number is generous.

Once you take out the venue costs, travel expenses for the cast and crew, not to mention Russell Peters and Ross's fees for the latter shows, this can't have been worth the hassle for Live Nation.

Just curious.

Autumn_in_Michigan

The realities of setting up a charitable organization with a tax deductible status (below). I have been involved in this process - albeit not in recent years - and even with a good lawyer it can take weeks or months to complete.

Think about it people, it involves getting approval from both the state and the IRS. Anyone ever heard of government red tape? And also - does anyone remember the claims that the government has it in for Charlie?

I don't want answers - I want YOU to do a little thinking is all.

"If you want to solicit contributions from the public, you need to form a separate entity (usually a non-profit corporation, but the form differs state-by-state). This entity will need to be operated on a not-for-profit basis, and will need to register with the state charities commission, attorney general or other appropriate regulatory body that oversees charitable solicitations in the state. You need a lawyer to help with this."

"If, in addition, you want contributors to be able to make tax-deductible contributions to the fund, you will need to apply for and receive tax-exempt status from the IRS under Section 501(c)(3). The application form, called a 1023, is quite long and complex, and is designed for the establishment of a charitable organization. Thus, 3-year budgets, etc. are required. You absolutlely should use a lawyer and accountant familiar with tax-exempt organizations before embarking on this process, which is not easy."

~~~~~~~~~~~~

My rules of engagement:

3. Please DO expect RECIPROCITY from me.

4. Please do your OWN research.

@Melissa,

That's sorta been my impression, too. I've tracked the tour on the Live Nation website. It was never in the top ten sellers. The official fan ratings there finished up 2.8/5.0.

Have you read Jeff Ross's comments about the tour? He had conflicting advice about doing the roast before he started - he mentioned that several people told him not to do it that Charlie was trouble. Seems like more of his colleagues than not are taking that stance about Charlie.

But, I haven't heard anything about a EU tour. Just a radio show interview in AU with his buddy Steve that interviewed him for one show here and a similar visit to the UK. So, now its a whole EU tour?

~~~~~~~~~~~~

My rules of engagement:

3. Please DO expect RECIPROCITY from me.

4. Please do your OWN research.

@Melissa,

Oh, I had another thought. Charlie had a guaranteed amount of $225,000 per show for a total of about $7 million for the tour. My numbers may be off a bit so I'll double check them but I'm in the ball park. Plus, there were other guaranteed amenities - like private jets. There's some info on that in Jeff Ross' comments.

Anyway, Charlie had a contract with Live Nation up front that he got certain things regardless of how the tour sold or what costs there were. Btw, I think I could roll out of bed to go smoke cigarettes and tell war stories for an hour or two for about a quarter of a million dollars, don't you?

Nancy

@SIM

Yeah, he's talking about a European/Asian tour:

That's #6 on my top ten list of Sheen Fact Checks. I'm keeping track now, lol! Promises made... promises... ? We'll see, won't we?

@Nancy,

Thanks for the info. I'll take a look.

You know, speaking of promises, he made the Gov of AL a promise to organize a fundraiser involving his Hollywood friends. He doesn't seem to have a lot of friends in Hollywood these days, at least not ones that would be good to have in a fund raiser.

So, I really wonder how he will make good on that promise anyway. I also wonder if that tacky, suspect .com "charity" website is his way of weaseling out of that promise. He has at least one cheerleader going Rah Rah about that website like its the ultimate proof of promise fulfillment, you know? Wonder if he is offering the AG & IRS some special Kool Aid....

@Nancy
@Melissa

Well, surprise, surprise. I read that article. So, he is bad mouthing Live Nation and the media now for the problems with the tour. Saying that Live Nation took advantage of him? Where have we heard that before. Oh, yeah - WBs.

I'm with the commenters who said that the other countries could keep him. I'm having a wish fulfillment fantasy....CS meets ksis on the EU leg of the tour, they fall madly in love, disappear to a tropical island never to be heard from again...and we all live happily ever after! WIN/WIN/WIN! LMAO!!

Oh, and I guess that ball game/concert/dinner fundraiser for AL is the new "Hollywood Friends" fundraiser. And, coming off the back of that website? HUH? Geez, I hope that AL does get some legal money out of the deal and that donors don't get burned.

And, make note that he bailed on his promise to his buddy Scott Dooley to do a live radio interview with him.

Last but not least he referred to his audience as "drunk clowns" that might not heckle him in future shows if he actually tells them what to expect ahead of time. That's right up there with "I've already got your money, dude".

Autumn_in_Michigan

Interesting article about how Charlie negotiates deals. Yep, that big, bad Live Nation really took advantage of poor rookie Charlie. LOL!

~~~~~~~~~~~~

My rules of engagement:

3. Please DO expect RECIPROCITY from me.

4. Please do your OWN research.

P.S.

The article also tells how Chuck Lorre had already created the framework for the 2.5 Men show and had a script prepared before Charlie ever heard of the show.

AND, initially Charlie passed on the part.

So, YEAH, they really did create the show and the character based on his rockin' life. NOT.

I don't know about any of you, but I sure am getting a clear idea how aggravating working with Charlie Sheen really was/is. And, if you read how he negotiates you can see how dishonest it is that he is now claiming that he was forced into signing an "unconscionable contract" with WB. BS!

~~~~~~~~~~~~

My rules of engagement:

3. Please DO expect RECIPROCITY from me.

4. Please do your OWN research.

Autumn_in_Michigan

This may be one of the saddest things I've come across yet in the Charlie Sheen story.

"After creating ABC’s Dharma & Greg, he and Cybill writer Lee Aronsohn and Lorre fell into a conversation in 2003 about how “a child might be a positive influence on the life of a degenerate."

So, that was the premise of the show. Yep. Charlie's a real WINNER alrighty. Does anybody still have a hope that he will wake up and smell the coffee some day?

~~~~~~~~~~~~

My rules of engagement:

3. Please DO expect RECIPROCITY from me.

4. Please do your OWN research