Charlie Sheen: Kelly Preston Shot Herself

5/3/2011 10:25 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Charlie Sheen claims he did not shoot Kelly Preston ... and that it was Kelly herself who caused the gun to fire and injure herself in the infamous 1990 incident.

050311_charlie_sheen_video
Sheen gave his version of events during his "My Violent Torpedo of Truth" stop in Vancouver Monday night.  He says he was downstairs drinking coffee, when he heard a shot from upstairs.

Sheen says he then saw a naked Kelly Preston at the top of the stairs, covered in blood.

Charlie explained Kelly had picked up a pair of his pants in the bathroom -- when a revolver that was secreted in his pocket fell to the ground and discharged. Sheen claims the bullet hit the toilet and either shrapnel or a piece of porcelain from the toilet ricocheted and struck her.

Charlie says at the time he knew he'd be blamed for it.

Kelly and Charlie broke off their engagement shortly after the incident. So far, no comment from Preston's camp.

Kathyo

Is television a writer’s medium? You bet it is. But in Two And A Half Men, Sheen proved that when the writers get lazy, stumble or just aren’t that funny, an actor can make all the difference.
************************************************************

I can see the point in this. The show has been around for so long that in this example, I can see where it may be the fact that charlie is in the role why the show has had continued to be such a success. I still think though it is possible that the show could continue but with a different spin.

ksis

@Kathyo

Hey, I have to listen to her yammering about George Harrison from The Beatles. LOL But seriously...we avoid the Charlie subject most of the time. LMAO!

Kathyo

btw, interesting article...makes good points...seems like he is being pretty objective and I enjoy reading a different outlook that I have not heard before. I may be over simplifying but I really think some of the success of a future re-boot may depend on how many people charlie pissed off, and when I say people I mean previous fans of the show....now that things have calmed down, maybe people will forget the stuff that angered them.

ksis

Kathyo 10 minutes ago

************************************************************

************************

Well, imo, they wouldn't have the right to call it a continuation of TAAHM if they go with a different character and different spin. And I doubt it would even come close to a success that show had. I am not saying that it was ALL because of Charlie, but it is undeniable that the show was built around HIS life and all the characters would be pretty meaningless without him. Just like Charlie alone could not carry the show either.

Kathyo

I think it would make George feel good that someone is still yammering about him, lol....oh crap, I am not trying to be a smart A** but is he still alive....geez, I must be getting old

Kathyo

yeah, you're right, a different spin wouldn't make it a continuation. If they do decide to go forward, it will be interesting to see what they do and since I know YOU won't watch, I'll fill you in, lol

Autumn_in_Michigan

@Kathyo,

I know what ksis meant - she was once again denying what (1) she HAS been doing and (2) had admitted to doing in the other comment.

That's exactly the same nutty scenario that has played out here over and over for weeks - only it wasn't always me confronting her about her lies.

Evidently, as annoying as it may have been to her to have so many comments made to and about her, she still has NO CLUE how annoying she is to others when she does the same - or doesn't care - or does it deliberately. Whatever.

My "three puppy dogs" - whoever they are - will make their own decisions. Its moratorium time for me.

ksis

LMAO!!! No, he died in 2001.

And NO, I would not watch that show without Charlie and honestly??? All I would care about would be the ratings so that I could compare them to the ones that TAAHM had and laugh in Lorre's "face". LOL

Kathyo

I immediately realized he might be dead right after I typed "George would be happy"...RIP

I will watch out of curiousity. Last night I walked downstairs and my husband was watching TAHM and I jokingly said we're boycotting that show and he said but it's a funny show. I guess he caught a re-run.....traitor, lol

Autumn_in_Michigan

@Jack daCrup,

Now you're piqued my curiosity. You said yesterday that you are a single mom of two adult daughters. Some days ago you said that the kids at school had taken up a collection for Alabama. You've also talked about your mother. Until yesterday, I wondered how old you were - thought maybe you were a younger person than an mother of two adult children would be, for sure. So, if you don't mind, my question is about the "kids at school" reference. Are you a school teacher or school counselor, etc.?

ksis

Your husband has a good taste in shows:))))

Kathyo

well I guess we'll have to wait and see what happens next, although TMZ is never short of ways to stir up something...anyway, I'm out of here for now....time to eat dinner.....Peace out everyone!

Jack DaCarup

Spring_in_Michigan 3 hours ago @Jack daCrup,

Now you're piqued my curiosity. You said yesterday that you are a single mom of two adult daughters. Some days ago you said that the kids at school had taken up a collection for Alabama. You've also talked about your mother. Until yesterday, I wondered how old you were - thought maybe you were a younger person than an mother of two adult children would be, for sure. So, if you don't mind, my question is about the kids at school" reference. Are you a school teacher or school counselor, etc.?

***
I'm 46. "The kids" I was referring to are the ones at the preschool My 21 year old daughter works at, she also attends college. My 20 year old daughter is a waitress at a local pizza joint, and will be attending college in the fall. I also read in the paper that "the kids" from a local school district were collecting donations. Both my parents are in their 70's, my mom has been ill for quite awhile now,(she almost passed, but luckily she is slowly getting better day by day) so for the time being I'm helping out with her as much as I can, and I also work part-time cleaning.
Now, may I ask why I'm being interogated?

Autumn_in_Michigan

@Jack DaCarup,

Well, geez, if it felt like an interrogation you didn't have to answer or give such a detailed answer :-). But thanks. And, I hope that you mom continues to improve. Those ambulance bills alone are a shock to the system.

My reason is simply as I stated - my curiosity was piqued. Since you obliged me I'll tell you more - and I hope that you don't regret asking. The commenter here - OneEye - had mentioned yesterday that he had the notion that many of the (anti Charlie) comments here were from adolescent males who still lived at home.

My mind immediately went "huh"? when I read that. My mind started ticking off a list and after several folks still hadn't come to a single adolescent male - and then I thought about you.

Your handle is "Jack" - but what's in a handle, really? Maybe Jack daCarup is a character I am not aware of - or maybe you are being funny - "jack da car up" - anyway the mind sometimes goes along like that.....and I had had a thought before yesterday that maybe you were a youngish male.

So, I said - what the heck, I'll just ask.

Autumn_in_Michigan

P.S. I guess I could finish the mind ramble.....so there I was with you tentatively in mind on that "male adolescent list" and then shortly after that I read your post about your daughters. It was disorienting - sorta another "wait, what"?....I hadn't seriously thought to ask until today when I saw you again. That's when I remembered that mind ramble and said - Oh, what the heck, I'll just ask.