Charlie Sheen: Kelly Preston Shot Herself

5/3/2011 10:25 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Charlie Sheen claims he did not shoot Kelly Preston ... and that it was Kelly herself who caused the gun to fire and injure herself in the infamous 1990 incident.

050311_charlie_sheen_video
Sheen gave his version of events during his "My Violent Torpedo of Truth" stop in Vancouver Monday night.  He says he was downstairs drinking coffee, when he heard a shot from upstairs.

Sheen says he then saw a naked Kelly Preston at the top of the stairs, covered in blood.

Charlie explained Kelly had picked up a pair of his pants in the bathroom -- when a revolver that was secreted in his pocket fell to the ground and discharged. Sheen claims the bullet hit the toilet and either shrapnel or a piece of porcelain from the toilet ricocheted and struck her.

Charlie says at the time he knew he'd be blamed for it.

Kelly and Charlie broke off their engagement shortly after the incident. So far, no comment from Preston's camp.

Previous 15 Comments | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25

Jack DaCarup

Well still live at home but definetly all female! I guess with all the "in-fighting" on the board made me feel like I was being accused of something I'm not.

As for the Jack DaCarup, it has two meanings, first to be funny, my family has always played the "name-game" (ex. Ben Dover and his sister Eileen) since I was young, but it also has a special meaning because my husband was a mechanic before he passed away when my girls were babies.

Autumn_in_Michigan

@Jack daCarup

I can understand your feeling that way. I feel that way here myself sometimes. I'm glad that we got past that. And, hopefully the fighting will be gotten past too. Thanks for telling me about the name, especially the special meaning part. Tough being a single parent - but at least you are in the home stretch it sounds like. I know that when all my children were past 21 I celebrated - but the best part was all past 25. They really do get a brain at 25 like the studies suggest.

I guess you can see how I might wonder if you were a guy, not just because "Jack" is a guy's name but because "jack da car up" can be understood as mechanic's lingo - and it IS funny, too. I've chuckled over the name a few times. I like word games in general. Good mental exercise.

Anyway.....its nice to know who I am talking with now - at least something of. Thanks again.

ksis

Kathyo 13 hours ago

well I guess we'll have to wait and see what happens next, although TMZ is never short of ways to stir up something...anyway, I'm out of here for now....time to eat dinner.....Peace out everyone!

**********************************