Charlie Sheen: Kelly Preston Shot Herself

5/3/2011 10:25 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Charlie Sheen claims he did not shoot Kelly Preston ... and that it was Kelly herself who caused the gun to fire and injure herself in the infamous 1990 incident.

050311_charlie_sheen_video
Sheen gave his version of events during his "My Violent Torpedo of Truth" stop in Vancouver Monday night.  He says he was downstairs drinking coffee, when he heard a shot from upstairs.

Sheen says he then saw a naked Kelly Preston at the top of the stairs, covered in blood.

Charlie explained Kelly had picked up a pair of his pants in the bathroom -- when a revolver that was secreted in his pocket fell to the ground and discharged. Sheen claims the bullet hit the toilet and either shrapnel or a piece of porcelain from the toilet ricocheted and struck her.

Charlie says at the time he knew he'd be blamed for it.

Kelly and Charlie broke off their engagement shortly after the incident. So far, no comment from Preston's camp.

Cinderf*ckinrella

smartypants2 9 minutes ago

Yours Truly,
Cinderf*ckinrella
(Just a little piece of my mind)
-------
So small no wants wants to read all your drivel. You must be either lonely or very old. Get a life.
--------------
SMARTYPANTS2
You are in no position to tell me what to do. Had you read all of my so called drivel, you would know that.

Johnny Carcinoma

Loaded gun, safety off, chambered round. Yeah, even IF his story is true, that's your fault, weener.

Cinderf*ckinrella

Lemonade 7 minutes ago

cinderf*ckrella,

Please get some therapy and ask about medication. Seriously.
-------------------------
Lemonade,
Thanks for your concern; however, therapy and drugs are not what I am into like most of the USA. Besides, there is no cure, I was born this way. I don't expect any of you to really understand or get much of what I wrote earlier. I am sure I swooshed right over most of your under developed brains.

Rico

Guns can go off if loaded! It also depends on the type of handgun, and the action of the trigger. If it had a single action, hair trigger, then its very possible. Anytime live ammunition is involved, a misfire can happen. But why am I just now hearing about her shooting herself? That more important than hearing him say "Tiger Blood" one more time.

Ginger

What a shock! Charlie is blaming someone else and taking no responsibilty himself.

karlew

If Charlie had a loaded gun hidden in his pants and then left them on the floor for her to pick up and the gun went off shooting her then absolutely he's at fault. It's called criminal negligence folks.

Raejean

A loaded gun in your pants pocket, and you're a totally blameless innocent? (which I don't buy, anyway, given his alleged history of domestic disturbances)

Only in Charlie Sheen's fantasy world.

R

Yeah, sure, right. Why not just stfu, Charlie?

ksis

@GEL

Well, I answered the poster that claimed: it was HIS gun so it is HIS fault. Which is absurd actually.
The fact that he left on the floor was irresponsible, but the guy has been labelled as the one that TRIED TO KILL his fiancee. As the guy who SHOT his fiancee. Now THAT is way too much of the blame.

Jill Conway 30 minutes ago

I like Charlie Sheen, but....nothing about this story is funny. It really doesn't matter how it happened, - your girlfriend got shot - why is that something to laugh about?

********************

Yes, it DOES matter for the reasons I listed. He was practically accused of attempted murder by the media.

bubbahubba

Hey cinderf*ckinrella only somone with no life a plenty of time on their hands would read your post. Keep it down to 100 words of less bi*ch.

jack-55d79

If he left a loaded gun off-safety, ****ed, in his trousers I'm afraid he's still to blame. The only way it could go off like that is if it was already ****ed and her brushing it against something /detangling triggered it.

Autumn_in_Michigan

I watched the video and there's not enough information about the type of handgun - or the angle of the fall - to be able to know how likely it was to discharge upon hitting the floor.

In general, its very unlikely - but not impossible - for a modern handgun of any type to discharge that way. Some guns are more secure from accidental dropping discharge than others.

Here's a discussion that might provide more info:

About Kelly Preston's comments about Charlie - I saw that interview and have included it below so you can read her comments for yourself. My own thoughts are (1) she is obviously expressing concern for his current condition and (2) when people say "good underneath all of it" - the implication is that the "all of it" is not so good. Likewise for the beautiful person "in there" - implication is outside, not so much.

Also, (3) Kelly is a Scientologist like John Travolta - and if you are familiar with their belief system you know that they believe that at core everyone is good but need to get clear of their stuff. That belief system is captured in her statement about a way back for anyone.

Anyone would include serial killers, dictators of middle eastern nations, etc.

Overall, this sort of statement may be one of those "damning with feint praise" types of statement.

BY SHARI WEISS
DAILY NEWS STAFF WRITER
Friday, March 11, 2011
At least one of Charlie Sheen's exes is wishing him well.

Former girlfriend Kelly Preston had nothing but nice things to say about the troubled star to People magazine - surprising not only given Sheen's recent antics but also their dramatic past.

"My heart just goes out to him and all of his family," Preston told the magazine. "He's such a good person underneath all of it. He really is."

But the actress, 49, witnessed Sheen's dark side in 1990, when she was wounded by the actor's gun.

According to People, Preston - who was engaged to Sheen at the time - picked up the star's pants, which contained a loaded gun in the pocket.

The gun accidentally went off and Preston was injured by shrapnel in her wrist and ankle.

Their romance didn't survive the scary incident, but Preston apparently doesn't have any hard feelings.

"We were together for a year and he wasn't drinking and he wasn't doing drugs," she recalled to the mag.

"There's a beautiful person in there," she insisted. "He really is a great man."

And Preston believes the public will eventually see that for itself.

"I think there's a way back for anyone," she said. "I always have hope and my prayers are with him."

Autumn_in_Michigan

Correction - here is the handgun link (below):

PFFFT! less than a minute ago

Here's a discussion that might provide more info:

CC

Chucky Sleeze is likely telling a tale unless he owned a very, very, very, cheap firearm. I know if I was a millionaire I'd buy cr@ppy firearms - NOT. I've owned numerous revolvers and not a single one will discharge by being dropped on the floor. They will not fire even if dropped directly on the hammer. Most revolvers have a mechanism that will block the firing pin unless the trigger is pulled. Could it be that the hand on the gun was Chucky Sleeze's? I think it's definately a possibility.....

Chucky Sleeze, de Nile is a river in Egypt...

ksis

jack-55d79 14 minutes ago

*********************

Being blamed for negligence is not quite the same as being blamed for shooting someone.