Oksana DROPS Domestic Violence Claim Against Mel!

5/4/2011 9:50 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

In a shocking move in court today ... Oksana Grigorieva just dropped her domestic violence claim against Mel Gibson.

1122_oksana_mel_EX_tmz_2

Oksana's lawyer, Dan Horowitz, announced to Judge Scott Gordon ... they would no longer be pursuing the claim that Mel's alleged violence against her is grounds to change the custody order.

Mel's lawyer, Stephen Kolodny and the judge were visibly shocked.

Sources tell us ... Oksana dropped the domestic violence claim as a gesture -- extending an olive branch in an attempt to settle the custody case.

And the DV protective order Oksana obtained -- prohibiting Mel from contacting or harassing her -- has also been terminated.  Sources connected with Oksana say she would like to be able to communicate directly with Mel, rather than using intermediaries.  No word on whether Mel feels the same way -- though we're guessing not.
050411_oksana_girgorieva_v2_video
Horowitz did not say if Oksana is still pursuing a civil lawsuit against Mel.

Muppet

The little lightbulb just went on in Oksana's head and she's just now realising what she threw away. She'll start her crap all over again when she figures out that her "little olive branch" isn't going to get her back in the good books with Mel. Wait for it. ;)

fuddyduddy

Scotty -- it doesn't matter if Harvey is Jewish. You made racist remarks towards me. You broke TMZ rules, honey!

Muppet

Scotty Fuddyduddy was posting something someone else stated. Why are you flying off the handle?? Besides the quote doesn't say anything bad about Jewish people.

Muppet

Frieda

I sooo agree with you! She just can't stay out of the spotlight. Now she's trying to make herself appear better by doing this. She's not fooling anyone, we all realise she's just biding her time plotting her next scam imo.

fuddyduddy

Muppet -- I'm glad you read that CNN comment for what it's worth. I laughed at the 'mouthy starlet' part. I thought that was funny, and probably very true.

Muppet

Fuddy

I believe that the people of Hollywood have formed opinions about Oksana, and they're probably not good. I think for the most part she over played her hand and got caught out for her scam. Who would want to be associated with her now. She's shot herself in the foot. She might as well just stay hidden in the house that Mel provides and spend the time raising her children properly. I think it's pretty clear she won't be latching on to any other rich celebrities.

Scotty

Fuddy-
How long have you been on this website? Do you not realize that this is an unmonitored site? No one is reading the comments! You have to scream loud and long for TMZ to pull a post, and they do so lackadaisically! TMZ cares about hits to their site, and nothing else.

fuddyduddy

Muppet -- I agree with you 100% about OG. I think she has hurt herself tremendously, and in many ways. She moved in circles that some people can only dream of, and she may be shunned now because of her actions. I have never seen her photographed with women friends out and about. I have only seen her photographed alone, with Lucia, her mother AD, or with Jimmy.

I think this is a terrible mockery of justice though, and like I posted earlier, I hope that Judge Gordon lowers the boom on her for all of this. I can't even imagine the hours and cost associated with all of this. I know it's been said that legal fees are running into the millions, but this is not right. I don't think anyone should be given a green light to run rough shod over another the way OG did Mel.

angelika466

This whole story is the magicians trick. Get you looking in one direction and with the slight of hand pulls off something else. Ox is going down! It's happening so rapid know no one can keep up. She is going to be deported period! Just my opinion.

chickenblaster

another twisted move of this psycho, get all "bubbly" again and then strike another round of illegal taping/spins/psycho moves....Mel,please don't fall into that trap...again.....!!!!

Cheers and hi to everybody!!!!

Chicken

www.team-mel.com

Frieda

@Fuddy Just ignore the raging hater. The quote you posted was fine.

@Chris huh? It's obvious. People know what Ox is about now (how much money can one shake out of a baby - $20,k a month!), and Mel is free, his name is cleared and his life goes on. I'm glad he's out having fun if that's what he wants to do but I don't really care what he does with his private life. It is HIS life and HIS business. I'm sure he has learned to stay away from OKSANA!

angelika466

hi chicken

nite all

fuddyduddy

Thanks, Frieda. :)

fuddyduddy

Good night, Angelika466. Sweet dreams...

Scotty

Fuddy-
Listen to the advice of Frieda, who has been nothing but love and light on here! I believe it was Frieda and Sam who single handedly turned this website from fun to complete viciousness! Didn't they come up with the term troll? That made so many posters write off TMZ! But what do yo care, you weren't being called a troll, so what if some strangers feelings were being hurt?