Oksana DROPS Domestic Violence Claim Against Mel!

5/4/2011 9:50 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

In a shocking move in court today ... Oksana Grigorieva just dropped her domestic violence claim against Mel Gibson.

1122_oksana_mel_EX_tmz_2

Oksana's lawyer, Dan Horowitz, announced to Judge Scott Gordon ... they would no longer be pursuing the claim that Mel's alleged violence against her is grounds to change the custody order.

Mel's lawyer, Stephen Kolodny and the judge were visibly shocked.

Sources tell us ... Oksana dropped the domestic violence claim as a gesture -- extending an olive branch in an attempt to settle the custody case.

And the DV protective order Oksana obtained -- prohibiting Mel from contacting or harassing her -- has also been terminated.  Sources connected with Oksana say she would like to be able to communicate directly with Mel, rather than using intermediaries.  No word on whether Mel feels the same way -- though we're guessing not.
050411_oksana_girgorieva_v2_video
Horowitz did not say if Oksana is still pursuing a civil lawsuit against Mel.

fuddyduddy

Hi Kali!

Yes -- I had to chuckle at Harvey myself. He even said he may make some of them mad.

I agree with him though; it's ridiculous. All of these months she has been claiming how she has been in fear of her life, didn't think she would make it, thought she and her children would be murdered by Mel, Lucia was injured when he was hitting and choking OG, and on and on.

I just hope that the judge makes her pay her own legal bills. She has made a mockery out of the justice system. I want Judge Gordon to make an example of OG of what NOT to do when you have issues with a former boyfriend.

Karls

Oh the REPORTING has started again LOL...

fuddyduddy

Here's a TMZ article from a month and a half ago:

Oksana on the Attack Against Mel
3/16/2011 9:40 AM PDT by TMZ Staff

Lawyers for Oksana Grigorieva are going after Mel Gibson right now in the family law case ... trying to get the judge to hold a hearing on whether Mel struck Oksana.

Sources connected with the case tell us ... Oksana will ask Judge Scott Gordon for three things this AM.

-- An order forcing Mel to sit with a shrink to determine his mental state.

-- A hearing to determine if Mel did indeed hit Oksana. Oksana's team cannot use Mel's no contest plea in the criminal case because Mel made no admission that he did anything violent.

-- An order awarding Oksana sole custody based on the D.A. rejecting the extortion case against her. Oksana's team believes Judge Gordon may have been influenced by Mel's assertions that Oksana committed extortion, and now that the case has been rejected they feel custody should change.

****************************************************************

And now, May 4, 2001 OG wants to extend the olive branch for the interests of Lucia...blah, blah, blah.

kali

Fuddy, I doubt the judge will make her pay for the legal bills, only because he hasn't clamped down on much yet. It would be nice though.

I did like what they said today though, it should be a 3 strike (lawyer) rule instead of being able to go thru 40+.

fuddyduddy

Kali -- well, so far she is stuck with some of her legal bills because Judge Gordon hasn't made Mel pay for everything; at least from what we know.

I don't know if I would go with the three lawyer limit, I mean three can rack up a lot of billable hours. I think I would be more in favor of a dollar cap. I would not allow one side to spend more than the other side. That would be a level playing field, I think.

Karls

Fuddy & Frieda

My REPORT comment was just a joke... Fuddy a few weeks back I mentioned the REPORT button and all hell broke loose on me, I copped it from all sides. First ammendment, freedom of speach blah blah blah.. So I had a giggle to myself when I seen it being used

Karls

And a warm Hello to everyone :)

Im going to keep my opinion on this story to myself until more info comes out..

kali

Fuddy, do you really think she has been billed for what Gordon wouldn't allow? Not counting Eric George's bill. I figured they wrote them off because they were obviously so padded.

Good thing she has all that 'entertainment money' allotted to her!

I think they seriously need to look at this case and make changes to what and how lawyers can charge, even if only in the state.

fuddyduddy

Hey, Karls!

Well, I must have missed that post of your from a few weeks back. I thought you were talking about some reporting from TMZ on the Mel/OG story. It seems that there hasn't been anything much reported on them lately. LOL about your 'reporting' comment now. Sorry you caught hell back when. I think the 'Report' button is a good thing, and TMZ must have thought it would be a good feature to have on the new board set-up.

Any idea on what happened to some of the other posters?

fuddyduddy

Kali -- I think that all of the lawyers involved have presented their bills to the court, but we don't know exactly what Mel has been ordered to pay. I think that Horowitz will continue to bill because he is still representing her. I wonder where Garbus was today and Litz? Litz is supposed to be the family law attorney guru. Wonder where he was. As a matter of fact, I only recall seeing Horowtiz and OG...

Karls

Hey Fuddy!

A bit of in fighting,with no news happening.. Is the basic in my opinion.. They will all be back!!........maybe :) lol

fuddyduddy

Oh...well, that would explain it. Must have been a doozy for some of the regulars not to be here today.

little aussie reader

Hi again everyone :o)

Has anyone figured out the new links tab on our profile pages?

kali

Oh to be a fly on the wall darnit!

fuddyduddy

"When reached for comment, Grigorieva’s rep Steve Jaffe said he could not comment."

I posted earlier about this, but I find this very interesting...could not comment. So what does that mean? Could not comment? Could not comment because something else is going down, or could not comment because he did not know a thing about it and was just as shocked as Kolodny and Gordon, or could not comment because he's not getting paid and isn't her publicist anymore (like she really needs one)?