23-Year-Old Makes $100K Off Osama's Death

5/6/2011 5:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Osama bin Laden's body was barely in American custody -- and one savvy New York kid was already making t-shirts to commemorate the bastard's death ... pulling in over $100,000 in less than 2 days.

0505_obama_t-shirt_EX

23-year old Maurice Harary tells TMZ, he made a beeline to his NY apartment as soon as he heard the news of Osama's death -- and started building a website to sell his "OBL is dead" t-shirts.

Maurice claims the site went live at 3:30 am on Monday -- and by Tuesday evening, he had already sold around 10,000 units at 12 bucks a pop ... meaning dude raked in approximately 120k in less than two days.

Yes, we know ... you had the idea first. Stop whining.

hotbitch

@smashley--No the rest of the world hates us because we don't mind our own damn business. It's much bigger than t-shirts. We are bullies.

lady jem

DAMMIT, Why didn't I have that Idea?

Eric

They have a better Osama shirt at www.trueherban.com

BYE BYE OSAMA! hahah

and its 100% organic cotton, made in America and donates to a charity!!

en Todo Momento!!

t-shirts are a big business in new york. still? what ever happended to the good ol fashioned 'i love new york' or 'the big apple' t-shirts. this thing is just crap. sure can't bring that one back home for the kids these days. what a terrible souvenier.

Guillermoscasa

Yo Mark,
Get a grip A-Hole, the Bastard is dead, swimming with the fishes!

reenypie77

I am leaning towards Mark and some other commentor regarding 9/11 being an inside job and us needing to mind our own business. But not everyone in America is like that so you need to keep your generalizations to yourself. By you assuming that we are all hateful American's and have different opinions than you you are being a prejuidice, hateful individual. I'm not always proud to call myself an American for sometimes what our country represents but I sure as hell wouldn't go to another country and say that I am from Canada lol. Really???

reenypie77

Oh...and BTW, I'd rock the hell outta that shirt.

GOOD FOR YOU, BRO!

He's already up to 50,000 Tee's @ $12. (Buyer pays Shipping)

chefadam

Thats on way to get on Al Qaueas hit list. Dont lose your head kiddo!

THE FORCE

Good thing an actual graphic designer decided to pick up his pieces... those T-Shirts were horrendously ugly.

If you still want to celebrate Osama's death, with style! - then check out Jihaha!

(or) http://jihaha.spreadshirt.com

Enjoy!

Muppet

I wouldn't wear one of those shirts it's like putting a target on yourself for terrorists! Yikes!

JBF

I did a website too and I got way more views than this guy. Check it out let me know whos is better. Mine is www.666mafia.com

Kàt

well if he wasn't going to be first, someone else would have been. Good for you fella! Many will wear the t-shirt proudly I'm sure!

chefadam

@Mark
your correct and when i fart flowers spring from my anus! Want to smell?

Ellidegg

how is that even legal? did he get a signed release by the family to use his image for personal profit?

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments