Donald Trump: Hail to Someone Else -- I'm Not Running

5/16/2011 10:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Donald Trump says if he ran for President of the United States he'd win, but he still decided against doing it.

Donald Trump for President

Trump says, "I maintain the strong conviction that if I were to run I would be able to win the primary and ultimately the general election."  But, Trump concludes, "Ultimately business is my greatest passion and I am not ready to leave the private sector."

Trump, always shy, says, it was a hard decision, "especially when my potential candidacy continues to be validated by ranking at the top of the Republican contenders in polls across the country."

And in a shocker, Trump didn't wait until the finale of "Celebrity Apprentice" -- he pulled out a week before he crowns the winner.  Timing, Donald.

StephenF

Oh, my...and we still haven't heard from the detectives he sent to Hawaii...didn't Trump claim that they had discovered a number of interesting things there about Obama, that Trump was going to release? Why didn't Trump wait until next month, as he said he would announce his decision at the end of this season's Celebrity Apprentice?

Mikey

This guy is a vegetable. He's not even the one talking through that computer machine voice. He's being controlled remotely by some mad scientist who likes to make the guy in the chair say crazy **** just for a goof.

jackbauer888

Always like the confidence of this man. I needed some of that in a humble way.

Bubbles The Chimp

The only presidency he would win would be president of Hair club For Men.

Paul

I think he really needs to see a shrink. The man has a mental problem. I can only say that my prayers have been answered, and we don't have to listen to him campaign for a whole year!

patty

He is one arrogant SOB. He would NEVER win and he knows it, that's why he is bowing out.

LOSER!!!

Lyd

He is an A HOLE What did birth show he was born in Kenya? Did he lose his birth certificate?...His Apprentice stupid show went down in the ratings!!! He needed a boost But we are not buying...hahahahahahaha rug head...

Grumpinmcpunkkin

He is so full of s h i t!

D

I would probably have to leave the country if was elected!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CRAZYGIRL

I GUESS THE PUBLIC WILL NEVER SEE HIS TAX RETURNS!!! HE'S PAID TO MANY PEOPLE OFF IN A.C. AND NYC TO GET HIS BUILDINGS BUILT. PLUS, HIS SISTER IS A BIG JUDGE IN JERSEY....

penny

Glory, Glory Hair a leuyah! That hair needs to be put in a straight jacket. What a tool he is. A legend in his own mind.
Now if Newt would just get a grip on reality and fade away....

Tool Bag Candidates !!!!

Donna

Good move Mr. Trump! How about spending some time with your wife and child. You didn't do much of that your last couple of marriages and they suffered because of it. You've made your fortune and have a successful TV show. Let it go at that and enjoy your family.

ratbag

He coulda won the primary and ultimately the general election!!!!!
And I could be crowned Queen of England....
His not running is so predictable. After the initial interest in the buffoon, people lost interest. He didn't stand a chance in hell. As soon as he had to provide his tax returns it would be all over. Also, Republicans are not big on Mr. 3 Wives Family Values candidates.

scott

nobody likes you, the only people that pretend are the ones who want all of your money... you're sorry excuse for an american you orange faced raccoon headed prick

JW

Sure he would win. His TV program has TANKED in the last couple of weeks, with the exception of the last fifteen minutes. NBC wasted three hours on a Sunday night to get fifteen minutes of salable numbers. He's a blow hard who WOULD NEVER BE ELECTED ANYTHING. So now the fool is going to run around saying he would have won, because he said so. BULL. Now maybe he'll finally shut his big mouth!!! The less of Donald Trump I see on any media, the better. BYE!