The People vs. Dr. Murray -- Whose Side Are You On?

5/8/2011 5:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

On TMZ Live ...  Harvey Levin took on BOTH sides in  Dr. Conrad Murray's manslaughter trial  -- offering closing arguments for the prosecution and the defense.  So whose case is stronger?

0505_prosecution0505_defense

After watching both arguments, it's up to YOU, the TMZ jury to decide ... should Dr. Conrad Murray be convicted in the death of Michael Jackson?

Uh

Harvey is playing lawyer again. I remember when he tried playing at the original OJ Simpson. He practically caused a mistrial and had to apologize for his behavior to the world. Little different when its been scripted and your "lines" have been written out.

Keren

I think he is not guilty Michael Jackson knew the risk there for he got what was coming to him. I loved Michael Jackson's music but he should also be at fault

Siggisis

Keren 7 minutes ago

_________________________________________________________________

Well, Michael already paid - the ultimate price.

So I take it that if someone hands you a gun and says "shoot me", you will just do that and not expect to be prosecuted. That is basically what you and others who believe Murray is innocent are saying.
I don´t understand your way of thinking.

Siggisis

duilama, I wasn´t talking to you. I don´t even read your posts - only short ones like the above that you can´t help reading.
So just back off.

lap123

I buy the analogy Siggisis is stating. It is almost the same as Harvey's Russian Roulette analogy. There are some people that just hate no matter what. It really is sad. Siggisis love your posts :)

lanie

Harvey's defense argument was really powerful. I bet you were a wonderful lawyer, Harvey.. I am glad you run this website and try to catch as many of your webcasts as possible.. and if I miss them - I try to watch later.

I think Dr. Murray was starstruck and got himself caught up in all this... He was wrong to ever agree to administer propofol to MJ in his house.. however, there is no proof that he was the one who administered the fatal dose.

Rabid MJ fans --- who shunned him before he died and put him on a pedestal after he died --- are too focused on having someone take the blame for his death.

MJ very likely could have decided to off himself.

There is no proof that Murray gave the fatal dose and that's the bottom line for me.

Siggisis

lap123 6 minutes ago

_________________________________________________________________

Thank you so much, lap. :-)

lanie

jdelanoi about an hour ago
Murray is not guilty! There is reasonable doubt that he didn't administer the drug into Michael. Unfortunately for him, the media makes him sound like the worst criminal ever because of the love for Michael Jackson even though he has been a drug addict for 25 years, a child molester, and causes reckless endangerment for babies. Michael is the one that should be behind bars, not Murray. However, hopefully the court doesn't convict Murray just because they are in doubt of their beloved singer could ever be such a bad person. I am an MJ fan but there is no reason to convict Murray because he was weaning Michael off of the drug and left the room and Michael took it himself.
---------------------------------------

I agree with this absolutely. Sadly rabid fans who didn't think twice about him until he died will make sure that Murray pays for MJ's death.

They have vilified the sexual abuse victims.. and they're wanting Murray's head on a platter.

MJ's family, especially his mom, is really pushing this case.. What is she going to do when all of MJ's skeletons coming pouring out of the closet during the trial?

I wonder if MJ's estate will suffer when we find out all of MJ's hedonistic secrets?

She claimed the other day that Jordan Chandler recanted his molestation accusation -- which is a blatant LIE.

The depths that his family and "fans" will sink to is just appalling.

Marie

TMZ disrespects Michael Jackson's legacy everyday by making fun of his death.

pdxmike

Murray should be in jail. Michael Jackson BOUGHT him. Murray has not an ounce of credibility. But, he will walk. Doctors are seldom punished for their drug dealing.

HumanNature

California Penal Code 192(b) PC defines "involuntary manslaughter" as an unlawful killing that takes place

during the commission of an unlawful act (not amounting to a felony), or

during the commission of a lawful act which involves a high risk of death or great bodily harm that is committed without due caution or cir***spection.3

HumanNature

CON "QUACK" THE MURDERER STILL DOES NOT HAS/HAVE A DEFENCE

mrs.chanel

A MURDERER IS A MURDERER! REALLY CAN'T SUGAR COAT IT NOW! HE'S THE DOCTOR HE SHOULD HAVE BEEN IN CONTROL OF EVERYTHING! AND TMZ SEEMS TO MAKE EVERYTHING A JOKE! THIS DOCTOR TOOK A MEN'S LIFE FOR THE MONEY! NO CARING ABOUT WHAT HE WAS DOING! JUST LOOKING AT THE CASH AND THE WOMEN!
R.I.P. MJ YOU WILL BE MISSED BY ALL...

nan

we shall see what happens at trial but my opinion so far is that murray is an incredibly selfish individual to have agreed to do this in the first place.
it was unethical and he is supposed to be held to a higher standard then his patient
he seems to have either enjoyed being so close to a celebrity or he was following orders from aeg to get his patient to perform no matter the cost.
i believe it was kenny ortega that sent mj home one day because he was sick and mj asked if he was sure he didnt mind.
at the preliminary hearing, didnt randy philips and murray give kenny and mj grief because ortega sent him home and that was supposed to be murrays call.
imo murray had no regard for Michael as his patient or even as just another human being..
he was just trying to keep his customer/employer happy ..aeg. all for money..
a customer/employer who i would bet has been paying his expensive legal/public relations bills for nearly two years now.
as much as aeg keeps saying murray was employed by mj, i will bet it isnt mj estate picking up his legal fees....

IF Dr. Murray did leave the bedroom, even just for a moment to talk on the phone, LEAVING THE BEDROOM is what is RECKLESS.

Reckless is a criteria for manslaughter.