'Sister Wives' Mother's Day -- To The Buffet!!!

5/8/2011 4:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

"Sister Wives" star Kody Brown knows there's only one way to please all 4of his wives on Mother's Day ... and it involves an ALL-YOU-CAN-EAT BUFFET IN VEGAS!!
0506_sister_wives_ex

TMZ spoke with the TLC reality star -- who tells us he's taking Meri, Christine, Janelle, and Robyn to the Red Rock Casino in Las Vegas for their famous Mother's Day Brunch buffet.

Kody says he isn't really a "breakfast guy" -- but his wives are huge fans of the Rock's quiche, eggs, and waffles ... and at $23.99 a pop, it fits in the budget.

Meanwhile, the Duggar family from "19 Kids & Counting" are also having a cost-friendly Mom's Day ... hitting church in the morning ... followed by a family luncheon honoring the women.

In other Mother's Day news -- TMZ also spoke with "Cake Boss" Buddy Valastro ... who told us he's finally gonna take the day off this year and spend it with his wife Lisa ... who gave birth to their 4th kid this year.

Happy Mother's Day people.

BDoll

HOW MANY TIMES MUST I DO THE PROOF READING FOR THE TMZ STAFF??? FREAKING READ WHAT YOU POST BEFORE POSTING IT!!!! IT MUST BE MY BIGGEST PET PEEVE OR SOMETHING......BUT I JUST DON'T UNDERSTAND WHY THEY ALWAYS POST ARTICLES WITH ERRORS...SEEMS TO HAPPEN MORE OFTEN ON THE WEEKEND I WONDER IF THAT HAS SOMETHING TO DO WITH IT.......WHATEVER MAN........

Carl

Just where some of those women need to go... a buffet.

jennifer

people have to be so ****ed up if u dont like them dont read it and dont watch it!!!!jugde yourself first nobody is perfect!!!!

Amanda Toney

This family just wants to be happy!Why does everyone need to list their opinions.If you do not like the show than why are you taking so much time watching their shows and following them on your computer. If you don't like it,then turn the channel. Everyone has their own right in this world to live the way they want.I do not believe they need anyone's approval.I sure would not ask for your opinions!Take a step back and realize they live this lifestyle not us!!! If they are happy than more power to them. At least he provides for all his wives and children. They all really respect him.I find that they live in alot better standards than most families.Just get a grip and quit being so sarcastic against a family you know nothing about. I believe that the Bible says that we are not to judge...HE IS!!!

carole

does Kody ever get a DAY OFF from having to sleep with one of those women? like a night all to himself, ALONE!! i bet not. Mary prob. gets any xtra nights/time b/c she is the LEGAL wife.. which ones get SLOPPY SECONDS? UGH!!!

kandy kleine

can you believe this guy with all those kids is he supporting them all .. must be real smart for the kids to see him coming out of their bedrooms... send this whole groupe to the middle east.. free ticket there ...so sick ...those kids will be messed up... they wont go to school they will be bullied..... sick ass hole ......

adul

Sounds like fun! we have to like what he liked by the people we love

Rayleigh

The more I have watched, the more I have seen the love and beauty that is the Brown family. We judge and fear what we don't understand, and obviously a lot of you still don't understand. Yes, the women all love Kody, but they are not uneducated. They have thoughts and opinions, and Kody listens to them and respects them. The children are well-behaved, educated, and well taken care of. Many people express their concern for the children, or say that they "feel sorry for them." There is no need for this - worry about children who are being beaten and abused, children who go hungry and are without a roof over their heads. The Brown children come from a warm, loving home and the only reason to feel sorry for them is because they are subjected to the judgements passed on them and their parents by ignorant people. You don't have to agree with their lifestyle - they are not forcing it upon you. They are merely opening their doors to share with the world their way of living. Just open your mind to respect the fact that there are many ways of living, and their lifestyle works for them just beautifully. Sorry, this is getting long, but I must stress one more point - you really need to think about the children when making these posts. It would break my heart even now to read a post by someone disrespecting my mother like that. The posts about them being fat are extremely uncalled for - grow up.

char

I have known the family for years and the longer this show goes the harder it is to watch. It is so fake! They celcbrates Christmas in the last episode. They fail to mention they haven't celebrated Christmas for the last few years. Nothing is perfect and I wish they would be honest instead of pretending everything is perfect. Trust me the sisterwives have had major issues over the years. If this show wants us to see what polygamy is all about-lets start with being realistic!!

Nancy/Illinois

Hey I love this show! It makes me envious at times, wish i had sister wives to share & help with the house, cooking & burdens. It works for them, good for them. What about these guys that just screw around on their wives & have kids out of wedlock. These people have faith & morals, just a different life style. Thank you Sister Wives for sharing your family & teaching us.

Nancy/Illinois

I love sister wives & already commented but CHAR says shes know the family & they don't celebrate christmas. Not sure if that's true but for the Halloween episode, they acted like they never dressed up beofre or carved pumpkins. TLC has to be paying them pretty good money, probably why they really moved into bigger digs. Oh well i still love to watch them!

Nannie

Char...this is one of my points exactly.....It is a reality show and it is all scripted. They show what they WANT you to see. I seriously doubt that these women are REALLY happy.(well, I guess Kody is happy, we all know why that is) They are here to make money and will say and do whatever TLC wants them to do. Another point: If they just wanted to show the world how they live and have people understand, they could have done it in a 1 or 2 hour special. We don't need a whole serious to see how they live. The problem is they couldn't make enough money on just a special so they have to keep thinking of things to make up for each show. It's all about the money.

Bye the way, this is an open forum and I, as well as anyone else, am entitled to my opinion. Yes I do watch the show and that is how I form my opinion, just like the rest of you.I stand by my previous comment, that Kody is like an arrogant, hyperactive 10 year old schoolboy that is eating up all the attention given to him. I wish the wives would insist on having brother husbands. What argument would he have against that I wonder.

Nannie

Oh...before anyone corrects my spelling above, it was just a typo, I meant to type SERIOUS not serious. Sorry.

Nannie

Oooops again SERIES not serious !!!!!

BankruptcyAttorney

I don't believe everything I see on TV and so I decided to research and find out some facts. I reviewed the bankruptcy papers filed by Kody Brown and Meri Brown in Wyoming in 2005 and this is what I found. Kody only lists 7 children, not the 13 he had at the time. He evidently left off his children with Christine. He and Meri discharged $85,612.73 worth of unsecured debt. He reaffirmed a debt on a Toyota which was cosigned with Christine. He lists his income as $4000 per month and Meri's is listed as $625. Their joint income for 2004 was $55,000. Most telling is that in response to Question 16 on the Statement of Financial Affairs which asks whether he has any other wives, he states NONE. (Of course, this question is referring to former wives since polygamy is illegal in Wyoming and all 50 states.) He lists his occupation as Salesman with a company called Sign Products out of Billings MT. Meri's occupation is listed as "engraver." The Trustee sold his house in Wyoming. The food budget is listed as only $300 per month. (I understand that now it is $5400 per month which makes more sense for a family of his size.) Apparently, Kody knows how to work the system.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments