Arnold -- Really BAD Timing for Catchphrase

5/11/2011 11:20 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

We just asked Arnold Schwarzenegger if he's going to work things out with Maria Shriver -- and the first words out of his mouth were, "Hasta la vista" ... but it's not as bad as it sounds ... we think.

Arnold Schwarzenegger
Arnold was walking out of his fave Brentwood bakery when he was simultaneously asked about his estranged wife ... AND his famous "Terminator 2" line.

What's a guy to do?

Just an educated guess ... but we think he's responding to the 'T2' request, since our sources say Ahnald's all about trying to patch things up with Maria.

peachpie

Reckless republican bs for 25 years. humilating behavior towards women. She did her time it's a wrap. Maria you are going to love your life after Arnold. There is a man out there right now singing and hoping you pick him. He should have considered his family when he made so many selfish choices. I know some things you have been through with him you will only satisfy your soul if you leave him. He has serious mom issues i bet.

who dat

The body language of the AWKWARD kiss yesterday morning with that blonde says it all. He wants more of her poon, but she's not that into him. He may want Maria back, but he won't give up the trim on the side.

Fredrick j frenger jr.

I bet he’s just pretending to want to patch things up with her, sometimes you got to pet the ego so they don’t go ape on you during the transition - even if she’s the one initiating the separation. At least he’s got his own money so he can refuse her constant demands for drunken intercourse in private. Sounds like a fun sideways trip to wine country.

barb

I never could figure out what she ever saw in this body builder. Maria , you are going to be just fine, and have fun too. you said on you tube you wanted three reasons , or something like that. Well.. Maria, you did the good wife thing, then you did the good mother thing.. Now.. it's time for you ! Good luck babe, have fun!!

Sandra

Not an Arnold fan as he comes across as a pig!!

Zoe

They both are cringe-making. Feel sorry for the kids.

marlena

I can still remember ditching school one day, and ending up at the long beach sports arena. My friends and I were walking along when I stopped to tie my shoe. I stick my foot up on a tire and started tying the lace, when suddenly I hear, "get your foot off my carrrrrrr", i turn around and its The Guv....I about died. ahhh to be 17 again. I learned years later, they were filming last action hero at the arena that day.

nanci

the only reason Arnold got to be governor is because he married to Maria, he couldn't even do his job right because California is broke. I never know why she married this guy, he has a big ego, and I think it got something to do with his culture, they dont respect women, and he with his bad accent, and big muscles. Arnold dont care if Maria left him, he is just pretending.