Mystery Celeb Negotiating Herpes Settlement

5/13/2011 10:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Sources connected with the mystery celebrity herpes lawsuit tell TMZ ... the lawyer for the person who allegedly contracted herpes during a Las Vegas romp has been negotiating a financial settlement with the celeb.  And, by the way, the incident DID NOT OCCUR ON APRIL 1.

0513_las_herpes_money_ex

Our sources say before the lawsuit was filed, attorney Keith Davidson contacted the celebrity's rep and began negotiating a settlement, but the amount was "way too low" for the plaintiff.  We're told Davidson then decided to file the lawsuit "as a warning shot across the bow."

After the suit was filed, our sources say negotiations have continued and the celeb has upped the settlement ante, although the parties are still far apart.

TMZ broke the story ... Davidson filed the suit on behalf of an unnamed plaintiff, claiming the celeb -- also unnamed -- assured the plaintiff before having sex that he was herpes-free.  The suit claims the celeb gave the plaintiff herpes.

Now get this ... TMZ has learned the alleged sexual encounter occurred LONG BEFORE APRIL 1, 2011.  The suit claims the incident occurred "on or before April 1."  We're told the actual incident occurred many months before April 1, but attorney Davidson intentionally put April 1 so reporters would not begin speculating who was in Vegas and who might be the culprit.

TorontoWoman

Stefani,

Even if it can be proven who gave who herpes (there are only 2 strains out there, type 1 and type 2. So how accurate could "stain" testing be?) How could the accuser PROVE the infected person lied to them about having it? The infected person could just say they DID reveal their positive status.

yessir

"I think the whore (because you know the "celeb" paid for the sex) took the risk by having sex with a stranger..."

Not true. The plaintiff did not assume the risk. If you knowingly infect someone with a STD it is not a defense to say oh well they assumed the risk by having sex. Your not a law student like I am so I get that you're just talking out of ignorance but you can just google cases like this in order to inform yourself on the law. A woman successfully sued Magic Johnson for giving her HIV. She didn't assume the risk of getting an std by sleeping with a whore in that case Magic Johnson.

crazy

I think this is about me and Shahrukh Khan on twitter...

Holly

Coincidentally the tranni is using the same lawyer that whore who stole his watch used. She lives in Vegas, and she's the one who he sent the "I'm an A-lister" text message to. She's also a lesbian, so she would know all the gay prostitutes

This has to be Charlie, and the tranni knows that girl. They may be in this together.
She tried to extort money from him once before, but Charlies attorney called her bluff.

Nothing would surprise me with Charlie. Perverts like him do all kinds of weird stuff.

Superman

@yessir,

Well, if you read the rest of my post and my other posts in this thread, then you would know that I do know what the courts will say. It is foolish to pick a snippet of what I wrote and they try to say that I am ignorant of the law. But, I know your real reasoning to post that douchebag crap...you don't like people attacking your dreams of banging a bunch of strangers and not having to pay the consequences for your actions!

Mat

It has to be chris angel , hey looks like a walking herpie

Nik

This is John Mayer... there was a blind item about him a few months ago.

dh

"Civil suit or not...doesn't the health department have an obligation to look into the matter in case he/she is a serial herpes spreader?"

I'm not sure about the health department, but if the allegations are true, this is a pretty irresponsible way to handle it. Obviously money is more important to the complainant than justice or protecting others from this guy.

It looks like blackmail the way they are handling it, but if the allegations are true, I hope he gets outed.

EazyE

THIS STORY IS WORTHLESS WITHOUT ANY NAMES!!!!

Sandy

Let me educate those who do not know about getting herpes. My sister contracted herpes from her ex husband. He had a sore on his chin under his beard which he never told her about and they had oral sex one day and about a week or so later she was as sick as a dog. Fever of 104 for 3 days and flu like symptoms. tHAT is how the body reacts if you do not have it in your system. Severe flu like symptoms and a blood test that then confirms that you have either herpes one or herpes two in your bloodstream. A year later when he kissed her she then contracted it on her mouth.
So he gave it to her twice. To one of your staff members who said you can't get herpes twice, THAT IS FALSE. YOU CAN.

APRIL

As I said yeterday I think it is Charie Sheen

Barney

My guess and it would be a shame, but a ladies man he is.....Gerard Butler!!!! God I hope I am wrong, because he is hot as hell!!!!

noname

It's Jamie Foxx

.:Loki4Ever:.

What does your little herpes man look like a booger?

Just My Thoughts

This is blackmail. They should notify the authorities.