Shemar Moore -- PAY ME, You BUSTED My Leg!

5/19/2011 4:30 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Shemar Moore is suing the automobile driver who allegedly smashed into him while he was riding his bicycle -- sending the "Criminal Minds" star to the hospital.

0519_shemar_moore_ex_tmz

In the lawsuit, filed today in L.A. Superior Court, Moore claims the driver -- Phillip Randall -- failed to yield and struck Shemar and his bike from behind ... back in 2009.

Shemar doesn't specify his injuries in the lawsuit -- but as TMZ reported at the time he was treated at a hospital for a broken leg.

Moore wants to be repaid for medical bills, loss of past and future income -- and his busted bike.

fran

Violette-Blue about an hour ago

I agree with you jxtr. Criminal Minds is one of the best shows on tv. Shemar is a great actor and one handsome man. He deserves the money if he was injured due to the negligence of this driver. Drivers think they rule the road. They don't. They don't care when pedestrians have the right of way. They speed right through the red lights. Lets be honest. If this happened to anyone of you or a family member you'd sue also. Get over yourselves who think just because he's an actor and makes money he doesn't deserve justice for his injuries.

********************************
you are exactly right..the driver was in the wrong and should compensate Shemar..just like you said , because he is a actor. some people think he shouldnt have the same justice as anyone else in this situation

anonymous

Explains why his character was in crunches a few years back. I love that show. It is one of the best shows on Television today. And I don't watch a lot of television

Chase

WHEW! As long at that pretty face is ok. That dude is so good-looikin', it's sick!

Bertha

I am not really fond of this actor....and wonder how he can benefit from this lawsuit..I'm sure he has a decent pay grade...He must be overextended.....this is just wrong.....

Susie

GOOD! He should sue the sh*t out of that idiot and make him an example. People in California & Nevada are HORRIBLE Drivers! They never look where they are going and are totally SELF-INVOLVED. ITS CALL CHECKING YOUR MIRRORS AR-TARDS. My Finace was hit on the highway going 75 MPH and the guy just drove off and left him for dead. Typical West-Coast attitude if you ask me... Moving back to the Mid-West ASAP.

my2cents

what's up with that picture? It makes him look like a GIANT next to the little woman!! I LOVE the guy, but I wish they would quit with the flirting with Penelope!!! She would be better suited with the quirky guy from Criminal Minds!! (I want to have his baby!!)

A CM Fan

Hello!!!! Why shouldn't he be compensated? I followed this story and this driver could have killed this man. If Shemar had been going down a hill instead of up he probably would've been killed. Trust me if it were the other way around and Shemar was the one driving the car they wouldn't hesitate to slap a lawsuit on him because of his money. Shemar is a human being just like the rest of us. So, I say good for him. It doesn't matter if you have money or not wrong is wrong. Clearly this driver was. As old as he was shouldn't drive ever again. Older drivers don't have as good as reflex as a younger person. His was in his 70's. Some elderly people can still drive with no problem and some shouldn't be behind a wheel at all. I hope they take is driver's permit so he doesn't hurt anyone else or himself.

ALIYAH